Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Kumata

Country flag
irrespective of spot price or not, import bill has increased compared to last year, same will be the case in march and april.
View attachment 150351
It,s directly proportional to economic activity too Sir ji. There is a reason why commie auntie is bragging about record tax collections and still crying i need more "taxes" via excise et all !!!!

Kumata

Country flag
Hmm, but those Habibis in the middle East willfully enforce an option in those contracts which enables them to profiteer by cutting the supplies later. The buyer becomes obligated to lift the product but they are not obligated to supply. That's why Indian Companies have shifted more to spot contracting (from some 20% to around 33% during a decade)

Why else you think Europe was so addicted to Russian energy at spot contracts
Even if we say that we are buying 30% from on spot contracts, 70% is still bough on long term contracts... so govt is profiteering further by imposing excise et all..

we are only ponzi scheme country where you tax the tax ----

Covfefe

Country flag
Even if we say that we are buying 30% from on spot contracts, 70% is still bough on long term contracts... so govt is profiteering further by imposing excise et all..

Arey but what percent of that long term contract gets materialised isn't sure.

Cess and surcharge aren't unique to India. And taxes- look at total tax to GDP with comparable economies.

Kumata

Country flag
Arey but what percent of that long term contract gets materialised isn't sure.
That's the secret info OMC don't want us to know. I assumed 70% by a healthy margin.

Cess and surcharge aren't unique to India. And taxes- look at total tax to GDP with comparable economies.
I am not crying over them. Anyways, there is a reason i do not own anything fueled by fossil fuels.. Have controlled my self so far.. let us see.. financially doesn't make any sense. I pay almost 52% or so on acquiring a vehicle and than pay more than same each time, i want to go some where... anyways.. IR also need passengers LOL

IMO, Govt shud bring Oil under GST ..High time that commie auntie pushes for it...

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

From Indian Oil website
Jan : 84.67 $ , Petrol price : 95.41 ₹
Feb : 94.07 $ , Petrol price : 95.41 ₹
March : 112.87 $ . Petrol price : 101.85 ₹

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 7.17.01 PM.png

Last edited:

Kumata

Country flag
From Indian Oil website
Jan : 84.67 $ , Petrol price : 95.41 ₹
Feb : 94.07 $ , Petrol price : 95.41 ₹
March : 112.87 $ . Petrol price : 101.85 ₹

View attachment 150362
I believe That * in bottom tells the story.. this is based on Avg spot price not the actual one...i cud be wrong too... i suspect IOC will ever reveal the contracted price as it being a hot potato and will hit their profits

R1TTER

Country flag
And then jack the prices after gaining near monopoly, like el cheapo Chinese smartphone brands? MG won't gain that much traction in India but I'd prefer if GoI incentivizes indigenous brands like Tata, Mahindra, Bajaj, Hero, Ather(?) without helping their foreign competitors directly.

sauntheninja

Country flag
And then jack the prices after gaining near monopoly, like el cheapo Chinese smartphone brands? MG won't gain that much traction in India but I'd prefer if GoI incentivizes indigenous brands like Tata, Mahindra, Bajaj, Hero, Ather(?) without helping their foreign competitors directly.
Beggars can't be choosers

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The central government has received a total 17 proposals from 13 states for the establishment of textile parks under PM Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (PM MITRA) having an outlay of Rs 4,445 crore.

You will love it, @Chandragupt Maurya

Most of the people in india think that economic backwardness or poverty in Bihar/Jharkhand/Odisha is because of local politics but that’s not the case the economic exploitation of Bihar/Jharkhand/Odisha was initiated by british after the mutiny of 1857 and since congress party inherited the policies of Britain they made sure that Industries don’t move to Bihar Jharkhand this is something which even the people of Bihar Jharkhand don’t know read this wonderful article written by an economist
Bihar Regiment actually paid the price for being loyal to india The Punjab regiment/Sikh Regiment was loyal to British that’s why they got rewarded
Though Mr Narendra Modi and Amit Shah in New Delhi do not have the dhimmi mentality which UPA/congress did and that’s the reason why you see the act east policy getting more attention

Last edited:

srevster

Country flag
Because you don't get the private sector investing unless govt subsidizes the early costs. That's how Samsung, TSMC, pretty much any Chinese giant ever as well as now Intel is expanding their manufacturing!
What is "deep tech" any way?
Deep tech is technology companies who are mainly funded to create disruptive technologies and their traction is measured s as progress against their roadmap. They don’t necessarily make a lot of revenue, but are able to grow into profitable business once their tech is commercialized. Some examples are the quantum computing startups, autonomous driving, biotech, food tech and robotics startups.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles