Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Optimus

Country flag
first i thought you lived in india but you are a foreigner no need to promote sub nationalism here

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
People in Delhi are stealing solar panels , cctv cameras , Statues , Wires , Batteries and other stuffs from expressways which worths much more than this 52 years old dilapidated bridge
I saw a report from where locals in Delhi broke the barricades of eastern peripheral expressway to make it accessible from anywhere they turned an expressway into a normal highway
Ya'll Nibbiars It's already reported before many times on this threads.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Next in line after Sri Lanka and Pakistan

Also India’s external debt has risen to $615 bn and forex reserves declined to $606.5 bn. India is also heading in that direction but as of now is much safer but government must take this issue of trade deficit seriously. PLI scheme won’t do anything if local value addition is not promoted.
1649594861488.png

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Next in line after Sri Lanka and Pakistan

Also India’s external debt has risen to $615 bn and forex reserves declined to $606.5 bn. India is also heading in that direction but as of now is much safer but government must take this issue of trade deficit seriously. PLI scheme won’t do anything if local value addition is not promoted.
View attachment 150236
2.5-3 bil is gone to srilanka

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
2.5-3 bil is gone to srilanka
I know that, but still we need to make sure that our forex reserves remain much higher than external debt. High debt is not an issue, but high debt-to-GDP ratio is a problem. It was around 15% 2 years back now its more than 20% if I’m not wrong which is why this covid and Russia-Ukraine war induced problems must be taken care of in the long run. As our forex reserves themselves have significant debt element.

Also it was expected

But we should achieve trade surplus if not in Merchandise then atleast in Merch + Services.

karn

Country flag
I know that, but still we need to make sure that our forex reserves remain much higher than external debt. High debt is not an issue, but high debt-to-GDP ratio is a problem. It was around 15% 2 years back now its more than 20% if I’m not wrong which is why this covid and Russia-Ukraine war induced problems must be taken care of in the long run. As our forex reserves themselves have significant debt element.

Also it was expected

But we should achieve trade surplus if not in Merchandise then atleast in Merch + Services.
Not with high crude and LNG prices.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
We might see an upward revision of GDP when final figures for FY2021-22 are released. It is ₹236.44 Trillion as per 2nd revised estimates fyi. I guess more than ₹240 Trillion in FY2021-22.

karn

Country flag
🙏🙏🙏Would rather make the lives of Indian better. Sri Lanka related issues can be dealt with at much cheaper costs
The thing is you are not getting is that this is a joke .. We will pay higher MSP in the end,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles