Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Covfefe

Country flag
Populist spending..over the years.. fiscal deficit above 6.5% .. UPA govt with similar FD numbers would've been tied to a pole and burnt alive.
UPA govt wasn't dealing with a post pandemic economy
2 years are essentially lost just to get to the level we were in 2019. Public spending has to remain high- private investment isn't a big thing here
It was pretty predictable that government won't reduce taxes because they need to fuel so many schemes and policies- every scheme is not populist. MSP and PM KISAN do put money in the hands of bottom of the pyramid- there are middle men and stuff but when have we stopped solving a problem because there's another problem with the solution. Govt should make good use of the available capital in the market both local and abroad- this may very well be like 2001-05 period, when markets slow tapering is anyway the norm.

Middle class has always been the neglected stray of the society, nothing new there. Speaking of strays, where is Billa? I miss his black-pilling on Tai especially today

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Only those which can come in the route of a bullet train connecting two megacities the only megacities i know in south india are Chennai , Bengaluru and Hyderabad and these 3 cities are smaller than Mumbai , Delhi or Kolkata both in terms of population and GDP
Not To mention cities like Patna , Lucknow , Jaipur and Ahmedabad are bound to become megacities by 2031
Where is the world's fastest growing city Surat?

another_armchair

Country flag
UPA govt wasn't dealing with a post pandemic economy
2 years are essentially lost just to get to the level we were in 2019. Public spending has to remain high- private investment isn't a big thing here
It was pretty predictable that government won't reduce taxes because they need to fuel so many schemes and policies- every scheme is not populist. MSP and PM KISAN do put money in the hands of bottom of the pyramid- there are middle men and stuff but when have we stopped solving a problem because there's another problem with the solution. Govt should make good use of the available capital in the market both local and abroad- this may very well be like 2001-05 period, when markets slow tapering is anyway the norm.

Middle class has always been the neglected stray of the society, nothing new there. Speaking of strays, where is Billa? I miss his black-pilling on Tai especially today
Am not shilling for UPA... just trying to state it.. but didn't they do the same post 2008 crisis.. the only difference between the spending then and the spending now is good amount of money then was siphoned off through friends and operators... NDA may have done the same thing with a lot more transparency thus leading to fewer charges of corruption but the end result is the same - Fiscal deficit was high then and remains high now.

When fiscal deficit is high, mango man takes a hit. When mango man takes a hit, he gets pissed and we know how that works for the ruling party. The situation on the ground is mixed... and yes, there is a lot of resentment.. kind witnessed in 2012-2013.. and layoffs, variable pay cut offs had started in Q3 2019-20 and Q4 till pandemic hit us like a tsunami.

Lessons for all to take.

Billa must be at his trading terminal ...

ladder

Country flag
i was waiting for approval of Delhi Kolkata High speed rail corridor in this budget
How many times I have to tell you, it's going to be Kolkata to Delhi HSR and not the other way around.
In which direction did the capital shift? From Calcutta to Delhi and not the other way around. So it is Kolkata Delhi HSR.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles