Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Physx32

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars ever heard of the Bharat OS.
It's a debian based distro. Don't know who will use that lol, people would rather install debian itself. Btw I use Gentoo.
BOSS is developed by CDAC, it comes pre-installed in Govt (state and central) laptops. as far as i know govt offices avoid microsoft unless there is a special sanction for purchasing the license officially.
No lol. All govt computers use Windows. As for laptops, it's either windows or macOS. 99.99% of general public are incapable of daily driving linux.

Last edited:

Physx32

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Linux base don't have a support of the commercial firms behind them and no Govermebt supports.
Linux is the most popular OS on the world lol. Everything from servers, supercomputer to your smart fridge run linux. Only problem is that it's not popular as a desktop OS and is difficult to use for common people.
Ya'll Nibbiars the TAB version.

View attachment 133674
This is an image of Gnome DE. According to Wikipedia, BOSS uses Cinnamon DE.

no smoking

Country flag
And that is exactly what I say. If we starts exporting high technology stuff, there will not be a question of export hitting because of currency appreciation.
Unfortunately, India is not in the stage of exporting high technology stuff. Instead, she is still competing with countries like Vietnam for those low-end industries moving out of China. For these industries, customers are sensitive to the price. And exchange rate is the key factor of the price.

When we enter into the phase of high tech stuff manufacturing and export, the equation of " high exchange rate results into low export" doesn't hold good.
That won't happen in 20 years.

sauntheninja

Country flag
It's a debian based distro. Don't know who will use that lol, people would rather install debian itself. Btw I use Gentoo.

No lol. All govt computers use Windows. As for laptops, it's either windows or macOS. 99.99% of general public are incapable of daily driving linux.
Linux isn't that hard the main problem is the software available on windows is superior nothing comes close to Microsoft office for example

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Unfortunately, India is not in the stage of exporting high technology stuff. Instead, she is still competing with countries like Vietnam for those low-end industries moving out of China. For these industries, customers are sensitive to the price. And exchange rate is the key factor of the price.

That won't happen in 20 years.
India is weak at labour intensive sectors especially, owing to stringent labour/environment laws. It punches above its weight in capital/ skill intensive sectors. Don't talk shit without knowing stuff; go do CCP simping instead. Choinese Exfart .....

images (2).jpeg

Last edited:

sauntheninja

Country flag

no smoking

Country flag
India is weak at labour intensive sectors especially, owing to stringent labour/environment laws.
Of course, I don't know what the stuff in your fansy world.

The reality in our world is: India is trying to get those low end industries shift away from China:

Govt promoting labour-intensive manufacturing in tourism and agro-based industries: Gangwar - The Economic Times (indiatimes.com)

It punches above its weight in capital/ skill intensive sectors.
So, is everyone importing technologies from India now?

Don't talk shit without knowing stuff; go do CCP simping instead. Choinese Exfart .....
Sorry for waking you up from your dream.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Of course, I don't know what the stuff in your fansy world.

The reality in our world is: India is trying to get those low end industries shift away from China:

Govt promoting labour-intensive manufacturing in tourism and agro-based industries: Gangwar - The Economic Times (indiatimes.com)

Sorry for waking you up from your dream.
Are you really that dumb? Read what I wrote again; India is weak at labour intensive sectors and not the other way around.

What exactly is low end sector, eh?
IT services?
Fintech?
Automobiles?
Steel?
Pharmaceuticals?
Which one is it?

These are some the main levers of India's economy. This is a grand paradox that India does not do well in lanbour intensive sectors despite performing well in capital/ skill intensive sectors ,i.e., you wrote the exact opposite.

Unfortunately, India is not in the stage of exporting high technology stuff.

India's IT service exports are projected to be worth US$ 250 billion in FY 2021-22 and US$ 300 billion in FY 2022-23. That is why I told you not to shit here.

Choinese exfart ......

images (2).jpeg

Last edited:

sauntheninja

Country flag
Are you really that dumb? Read what I wrote again; India is weak at labour intensive sectors and not the other way around.

What exactly is low end sector, eh?
IT services?
Fintech?
Automobiles?
Steel?
Pharmaceuticals?
Which one is it?

These are some the main levers of India's economy. This is a grand paradox that India does not do well in lanbour intensive sectors despite performing well in capital/ skill intensive sectors ,i.e., you wrote the exact opposite.

India's IT service exports are projected to be worth US$ 250 billion in FY 2021-22 and US$ 300 billion in FY 2022-23. That is why I told you not to shit here.

Choinese exfart ......

View attachment 134165
Good and fair article but didnt understand this line "India is far more urbanized than our official statistics show" what does this mean and how was this calculated?

sauntheninja

Country flag
Missing millions: undercounting urbanization in India

SKC

Country flag
I once had to fabricate a plastic mold with a custom design and sourced for local industries to do it. None of the jokers had the ability to make what i want. Their cost and proposed timeline was tragic. In the end I got a chong factory to do it. It was literally cheaper and faster to get it imported from there then rely on the local factory. Sad state of affairs. This was 4 years back so things are likely still the same but this is one of the main reasons why our manufacturing sector remains primitive. Our companies dont have the capability or flexibility to cater to customer needs. This thing will only happen with government support and strong competition
What?
A Mold for a plastic part? made of Cast Iron?
Else what is a plastic Mold? What would you pore into plastic mold?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
It already was number one, recent bloodbaths at the stock market made it 2nd rank globally.
Ya'll Nibbiars the Accenture is a outsourcing firm not just a IT.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars It sector is as old as computer and here means by the Mechanical Computers. The Data manipulate is now days more easy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles