Indian Economy: News and Discussion

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Spice exchange , connecting local producers to global importers.

Part of GoI’s initiative to create global commodity price index of our own for products we are top producer of.

ex:
-OPEC determines global oil prices
- Canada determines global maple syrup prices

I think there was a Niti aayog paper on this..

========

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Spice exchange , connecting local producers to global importers.

Part of GoI’s initiative to create global commodity price index of our own for products we are top producer of.

ex:
-OPEC determines global oil prices
- Canada determines global maple syrup prices

I think there was a Niti aayog paper on this..

========

Problem is a lot of spices are grown in the West. I know people who can grow many Indian unique peppers here. Same for many of our expensive spices like cardamom, saffron, et al

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Also I see a lot of people worried about AI and stuff. I'm usually anti-regulation but I think mandating that a certain percentage of goods be made by humans (and domestically) is the way to counteract this.

eg: A chair must have 20% human contribution at any level and be made in India. Something like this. I haven't put much thought into it but it was just a simple idea I had

sauntheninja

Country flag
Also I see a lot of people worried about AI and stuff. I'm usually anti-regulation but I think mandating that a certain percentage of goods be made by humans (and domestically) is the way to counteract this.

eg: A chair must have 20% human contribution at any level and be made in India. Something like this. I haven't put much thought into it but it was just a simple idea I had
The same was said about computers it will create new jobs

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Home Improvement Exports are growing Ceramic
Tile exports in Apr-Dec 21 is Rs 94.4bn (up 11%/32% vs Apr-Dec’20/Apr-Dec’19)

Sanitaryware exports reached Rs 9.65bn (up 36%/30% vs Apr-Dec’20/ Apr-Dec’19)

Quartz + others reached Rs 8.36bn (up 42%/41% vs. Apr-Dec’20/ Apr-Dec’19)

Laminate exports at Rs 18bn (up 32%/30% vs Apr-Dec20/Apr-Dec19)

MDF exports at Rs 1.9bn (up 108%/93% vs Apr-Dec20/Apr-Dec19),

Wooden Furniture at Rs 53.3bn (up 50%/62% vs Apr-Dec’20/Apr-Dec’19),

Mattress Support & Bedding reached Rs 46bn (up 63%/75% vs Apr-Dec’20/Apr-Dec’19)

I would love this exports to rise phenomenally. Can anyone imagine the level of employment generated whn 93 bn INR ceramic or 53 bn INR furniture is exported? It would have generated atleast 100 times more employment than same amount of software export. I like this.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

tHaNkS To sLeEpInG BjPiGs wHo dIdN’T Do mUcH WhEn tHeRe wAs oPpUrTuNiTy, ThEy tAlK MoRe tHaN AcTuAlLy dOiNg, DiSiNvEsTmEnT TaRgEtS MiSsEd bUt yOu’lL SeE BhAjAn mAnDlI SiNgInG MoDi mOdI MoDi aNd iT CeLl bRoAdCaStInG ThE BhAjAn tO GuLlIbLe aNdHbHaKtS Of vIkAs. GiViNg eXcUsEs iS ThEiR BeSt oPtIoN.
Artificial Intelligence is the future. Future war will be fought using AI. Israel used it extensively in last conflict against Hizbulla.

another_armchair

Country flag

Why are we letting this abomination of a Telecom company stay afloat?

Throwing them a lifeline was a big mistake imo. Should've told them to pay off the banks first in exchange of a moratorium, got Vodafone UK to pay the banks and then said.. now pay the spectrum fees or FO.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag

Throwing them a lifeline was a big mistake imo. Should've told them to pay off the banks first in exchange of a moratorium, got Vodafone UK to pay the banks and then said.. now pay the spectrum fees or FO.
Ya'll Nibbiars abhi to lifeline diya hai. Aur want Lagat hai. BSNL ko kitne dasko ka waqt diya hai. Let's wait for a years before passing any kind of comments.

Haldilal

Country flag
Please give some figure you know all this stuff better.
Ya'll Nibbiars is aur agle saal ki accurate figures nahi bata sakte to how can we give a figures after 30 year. Well in any scenario we will be the third largest economy. But the exact numbers can be estimade even roughlys.

Even in 10 years possible, even in 20 years or 30 years.

Covfefe

Country flag

It's a pure government shitfuckery- a legalised robbery in the name of AGR dues and it has affected everyone including the consumers- price hike within the last year itself. And it's also an indicator of what happens when you hound your bureaucrats in the name of botched up audits and thru CBI/IT/ED raids- Telecom department developed cold feet after 2G scam arrests.
Thanks to the higher level of consolidation and deep pockets of Jio and Airtel from their other businesses that they could survive- otherwise we would have been witnessing bloodbath the telecom companies and employment in that sector if the market were as fragmented as earlier-hutch, tata telecom, idea, Airtel, reliance telecommunication etc. Otherwise, it's a pure tax terrorism

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles