Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Due to Kejriwal? :hehe:

Almost no powercut + chori ki bijli + low one time investment alongside easy available loans on such vehicles has made it popular.

But still for personalusage I guess Penetrationis low.

Stunt bc. new map in the FPS game.:shoot::shoot::shoot:
We would consider buying EV vehicle too but the thing is my father has to travel 90 km up and down from my village to city and there is no charging options in village.

IndianYonko

Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Waiting

Waiting for the day when the Petrodollar nexus of Saudi Arabia and USA would end. If only India had vast reserves of oil.
Ya'll Nibbiars Every country does the normal buying and selling of forex of other currencies, but the weapon that the US has which other powers don't is that it has fused the fate of it's dollars with oil, since the dollars is the default currency in which oil can be bought. They provide military protection to the Saudis to use it as a leverage to increase or decrease oil production to control its own currency's valuation in the open market. And then they pump the money back in their own economic machinery.

Other countries can't do that. All they can do is print more and cause inflation for themselves. The US can print more dollar and still ward off inflation by blackmailing the Sauds to maintain oil demand-supply at a certain level's.

Rxbanda

Country flag
India's Covaxin to get WHO Nod in 24hrs: Official

By the way, this is the new handle of MeghUpdates, if you wanna follow.

The vaccination drive of India is a historic success. We are at 103.5 crore doses right now.
Bharat Biotech nasal vaccine will hit the markets in January next year.

Biological E's corbevax expected in Nov and they are trying to roll out 10 crore vaccines on day 1.

Hope we don't see a third wave

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Why no charging option, I guess we can charge it using normal power in our house. + villages do have electricity. 90Km trip might be a concern.
It is not daily run that is a concern. Most people don't have daily run over 50kms/day. But, if you are to undertake a long drive like a weekend drive and if your route doesn't have fast charging points, you simply will not be able to take an EV. Also remember that the fast charging takes about 30-45 min minimum to get you a decent mile once you have depleted your charge.

So, if you are plonking down a cool million rupees for a car and still aren't able to take your family on weekend trips in that, would you invest in it? Yeah, for some it is worth it if they have another car for long drives. But, most of us don't have that luxury.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Curious case of Australian fuel price which is lower than NZ and India. The tyranny of distance works against NZ. The taxes are almost 70% here. In Auckland you pay extra 5% because they want people to move out to lighten population pressure.

High consumptions and lower holding is also a factor that increase the prices. Recently India changed its policy and started selling fuel of its strategic reserves. These reserves can only last 10 days as compare to Australia where it can last 90 days. Servicing this circulation makes it slightly dearer when typically demand and supply equation should make it cheaper but that doesn't work here because we do not produce this commodity but import.

This also makes us more vulnerable to price fluctuations.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Curious case of Australian fuel price which is lower than NZ and India. The tyranny of distance works against NZ. The taxes are almost 70% here. In Auckland you pay extra 5% because they want people to move out to lighten population pressure.

High consumptions and lower holding is also a factor that increase the prices. Recently India changed its policy and started selling fuel of its strategic reserves. These reserves can only last 10 days as compare to Australia where it can last 90 days. Servicing this circulation makes it slightly dearer when typically demand and supply equation should make it cheaper but that doesn't work here because we do not produce this commodity but import.

This also makes us more vulnerable to price fluctuations.
Thanks.. i didn't know that Govt has started consuming SPR.

devx101

Country flag

Bihar and UP have very good EV Penetration. Tho a fact to be noted it is mostly E rickshaw which is driving the sale.
E-rickshaw craze in BH, WB & UP is purely due to unemployment issues. Don't want to sound harsh but that's the bitter truth.
In WB i have seen this phenomenon, young men with no work have no option but to drive a toto. It's cheaper than petrol auto, gives higher profit margin as it is electric. But one thing they forget, customers come when there is economic activity in a city/region which unfortunately is absent in this states.

FalconZero

Country flag

Bihar and UP have very good EV Penetration. Tho a fact to be noted it is mostly E rickshaw which is driving the sale.
Surprising though you are right about E-rickshaw part and last time I mentioned that i didn't see such vehicles in south but cng-driven taxies like these were common,
AUTOCHENNAI.jpg

And interesting thing was that in TN electricity cost is cheaper but at least in chennai it's probably well regulated. I don't know if it's a range issue or probably that they find cng as cheaper that they are using these.

One thing i really want India to do is invest in renewable energy as much as we can, Solar/Nuclear will be priority along with that in places like TN we can have wind energy. Few years back i read that India was one of the prominent states in terms of research in Thorium reactors wonder what happened to that, if we manage to pull it off then we can solve the raw material problem if any.

We should also invest in Nuclear Fusion, every major state has one such program. It's important because it will be the future, Moon has rich amount of Helium-3 and that being said i think everyone knows where i am going, we should create an entirely new high priority program for the mining in the intersteller space, at least on Moon for now. The projects started now will have the end result after decades.

USA is going back to Moon, China too, ESA will join them soon and we can't be left behind for breadcrumbs so we should make it a priority. Helium 3 can be used for nuclear fusion fuel in future.

That being said, GOI should create a national plan for creating a nationwide electric network and partner with private companies and subside them for it. Once that is done then large scale adaption of electric vehicles will be totally natural since unlike USA or even EU where infra is already matured and centered around Old age vehicles we are still adopting and building up and we are lucky.

We don't have oil and large chunk of import goes to that but we have control over energy production through renewable means which can be cheaper, we can literally solve our partial economic issues, pollution issues due to vehicles with this. And best part of the electric vehicles is that we can actually sooner or later apply some degree of ML and get something like tesla out of it (future in decades or so). This is one of the reason i am excited for Ola Scooter.

Now since i am already into my fantasyland, i should also add that i hate the botnet and that's why we should invest in creating an Opersource Software for Automobiles away from the clutches of Big Tech.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles