Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Long term implications?

View attachment 115787
Kek Quadrillion bitcoin in the market but no one can trace what is backing the currency.

Real world share market and currency are influenced by demand and supply of material. Material means food, clothing, land, water etc. Here the demand and Supply of currency itself is influencing it's price, it's as if bitcoin is a material commodity itself.

Truly a meme currency.

World will descend into full blown clownery if it's legitamized

Imagine if the 1 dollar = 75 rs and the next day 1 dollar= 65 rs.
Kek the price of commodity is supposed to vary not the currency itself.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Not saying cryptos are bad or good, just that the underlying technology (blockchain) is going to be as impactful as AI/ML. It is at a very nascent stage of development and people don't understand it (heck people don't even understand the stock market, they just invest what others say), and there are a lot of scam coins as well.

The more I try to understand the more I find this to be a bad idea. Then I meet people who are self proclaimed 'experts'. My understanding as to why it is a bad idea.

1. ECONOMICS: What is its fundamental value, how to arrive at same?
2. TECH PART: Complex terms such as hash, DLT mechanism, mining. I bet even sane person would become mad trying to figure this part only.
3. LEGAL ASPECT: Classification of these are still in limbo. Tokens can be classified having following functions currency, investment and utility. Now in reality it is a combination of these functions.
If you read credible jurisdiction have not yet defined this, you get Malta jurisdiction having introduced umbrella act such as 'Virtual Financial Act', basically a tax heaven.
I may be wrong but more i try to master/comprehend this, it does not look like a good idea.

PS: The creator of BITCOIN remained anonymous, we are still speculating on his identity.
1. ECONOMICS:- Only some coins have fundamental value, and only those have any future, others are scam.
2. TECH PART:- Don't try. Just like you don't need to understand the economy of the country to spend/acquire money.
3. LEGAL ASPECT:- Govt. can rule it our illegal tomorrow, but the problem is govt. cannot take/seal your money/account.

What is bitcoin , i have never understood it to be honest
Have you seen this statement on any Indian note "I promise to pay the bearer the sum of X rupees" - By governor ?

Yes, exactly that, but in mathematics and it is signed by different computers worldwide.

IndianYonko

Country flag
What is bitcoin , i have never understood it to be honest
A coin thats so expensive that you can own only in bits is called bitcoin.

• Bitcoin is a digital currency, a decentralized system that records transactions in a distributed ledger called a blockchain.
  • Bitcoin miners run complex computer rigs to solve complicated puzzles in an effort to confirm groups of transactions called blocks; upon success, these blocks are added to the blockchain record and the miners are rewarded with a small number of bitcoins.

In short:

Don't be fooled by stock images of shiny coins emblazoned with modified Thai baht symbols. Bitcoin is a purely digital phenomenon, a set of protocols and processes.

Apart from that people trade Bitcoin,

Its valued due to supply and demand. Mainly by people ready to pay due to scarcity.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
(heck people don't even understand the stock market, they just invest what others say),
Ayy the outline is really there.
I need 1 crore to start a petrol pump I only have 75 lakh so I enlist my company in market and ask people to invest in my company with a promise that I will give them a cut in the profit in proportion to their investment.
Stock market more or less represents actual tangible industry.

What does crypto represent?

Suppose there is shortage of cotton production this year the companies see that they are going to make loss hike the prices and if they are not able to cut profit from it than it goes in the balance sheet, people see looses in the balance sheet and sell the stocks at a discount.

Ultimately the cotton the tangible object is the one influencing the entire hierarchy.
What affects the bitcoin.

Biticoin kek.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The more I try to understand the more I find this to be a bad idea. Then I meet people who are self proclaimed 'experts'. My understanding as to why it is a bad idea.

2. TECH PART: Complex terms such as hash, DLT mechanism, mining. I bet even sane person would become mad trying to figure this part only.
3. LEGAL ASPECT: Classification of these are still in limbo. Tokens can be classified having following functions currency, investment and utility. Now in reality it is a combination of these functions.
If you read credible jurisdiction have not yet defined this, you get Malta jurisdiction having introduced umbrella act such as 'Virtual Financial Act', basically a tax heaven.
I may be wrong but more i try to master/comprehend this, it does not look like a good idea.

PS: The creator of BITCOIN remained anonymous, we are still speculating on his identity.
The bitcoin in itself is a very safe and secure system but the part where it interacts with tangible economy is unexplained.
If legitamized it will collapse the very economy itself.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
10 crore idiots i would say... It's better to gamble. I sometimes ask why this coin is doubling every month. They are like I don't know just be happy. It's worst then tulip boom.
When we start seeing ads on tw, yt, msm, news paper about stock market. When ads are saying guys in shorts and ladies in kitchen can buy shares and earn. Be cautious. Smart money trying to get many retailers to offload their stocks at highest price possible. This will go on till no significant retailers remains.

Positive GDP numbers and positive economic news is considered good for retailers to jump in.

But market is making new highs in covid time. Will it tank in actual economy boom period. Food for thought

Last edited:

SimplyIndian

Country flag

Nibba,

couverture-the-economist-monnaie-mondiale-2018.jpg

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Taneira Ads with bindi. The problem is with Tanishq being headed with libarndus management. Titan management is more conservative and also the Taneria, Titan Eye Plus and Titan Machinerys.

Mera Dil garden garden hua re. That how you win public's Hearst customer or no customer. The positive ads have lasting effect than the negative ads.

FCRpaauVEAgAeuA.jpeg

Last edited:

Bhairav

Country flag
This is tight slap to those who say that GIFT city, India's First "Green Field" Smart IFSC, is a "failed project" 👋

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Mumbai Based Investment Fund Carlyle to acquire the Hexaware.

FalconZero

Country flag
I am really looking forward the new Electric Scooter of Ola and especially their planned charging network. If things go well it can really revolutionalize our auto sector in a way.

In china EVs are the new craze, wonder if our indian car companies can create affordable electric vehicles.

I was just doing basic calculations, with around 40rs worth of charge i could save around at least 160rs to 240rs if the range is just 120km on these scooters. Plus the added benefit of pollution prevents and what not.

I mean pollution part is a bit precarious but we are investing in nuclear and solar and other renewable sources so let's hope for the best.

I don't know i have talked about this before and i don't know if it's common in other cities, at least in Chennai or some parts of MH i didn't see it but here in my place, we have most of the rickshaws pulled by humans got replaced with electric ones, it happened around 5 to 6 years ago but now they are everywhere. They are cheaper and generate more income to those guys and really very comfortable.
We have reached to the point where people prefer these rather than even autowalas who are total jerks.

So electric vehicles indeed can be really beneficial, cheaper and safer for environment. Especially in our major cities.

That being said, does GOI subsidise electric vehicles? Some states are doing it, i think Odisha is doing it but not sure. I hope they do that will increase the rate of adaption among the populace.

doreamon

Country flag
If tamilnadu can deal with activism it can indeed give a tough competition to maharastra .

FCXS9CkWEAMLkWx.jpeg.jpg

If everything goes well around 2035 we ll have atleast 4 states with 1 trillion gsdp . Their combined budget ll surpass or match center budget .

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
I am really looking forward the new Electric Scooter of Ola and especially their planned charging network. If things go well it can really revolutionalize our auto sector in a way.

In china EVs are the new craze, wonder if our indian car companies can create affordable electric vehicles.

I was just doing basic calculations, with around 40rs worth of charge i could save around at least 160rs to 240rs if the range is just 120km on these scooters. Plus the added benefit of pollution prevents and what not.

I mean pollution part is a bit precarious but we are investing in nuclear and solar and other renewable sources so let's hope for the best.

I don't know i have talked about this before and i don't know if it's common in other cities, at least in Chennai or some parts of MH i didn't see it but here in my place, we have most of the rickshaws pulled by humans got replaced with electric ones, it happened around 5 to 6 years ago but now they are everywhere. They are cheaper and generate more income to those guys and really very comfortable.
We have reached to the point where people prefer these rather than even autowalas who are total jerks.

So electric vehicles indeed can be really beneficial, cheaper and safer for environment. Especially in our major cities.

That being said, does GOI subsidise electric vehicles? Some states are doing it, i think Odisha is doing it but not sure. I hope they do that will increase the rate of adaption among the populace.
I also hope that companies have exchange offers too like in mobiles, so they can exchange their old electric vehicles for new ones.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . Tata - vision.

2 . Ambani - Money.

3 . Adani - Goverment utilities.

4 . Birla - Strategics.

5 . RJ - Daring.

6 . PM Modi - Patiene.

7 . MSD - Goal settings.

8 . Sir David Attenborough - Travel for a purpose.

9 . @Haldiram - Accounts.

10 . @ezsasa - Rich Nibba see down on me.

11 . @Crazywithmath - Intellectual.

12 . @FalconSlayers - Amir Baap ka Gareb betha.

13 . @Another Armchair - Miser.

14 . @Chandragupt - Amir Baap ka Mongolian Nationalist Nibba.

15 . Haldilal - Poor Nibba.

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
Kek Quadrillion bitcoin in the market but no one can trace what is backing the currency.

Real world share market and currency are influenced by demand and supply of material. Material means food, clothing, land, water etc. Here the demand and Supply of currency itself is influencing it's price, it's as if bitcoin is a material commodity itself.

Truly a meme currency.

World will descend into full blown clownery if it's legitamized

Imagine if the 1 dollar = 75 rs and the next day 1 dollar= 65 rs.
Kek the price of commodity is supposed to vary not the currency itself.
The paraodoxical nature of digital currency is that it derives it value based on fiat currency. Its basically an investment, like gold but "digital" but the problem is gold is valued because its rare and finite, meanwhile bitcoin, you just need to keep adding computation power to farm it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles