Indian Economy: News and Discussion

SKC

Country flag
Do you think his new airline can be succesfull?
Can be is does not go outlandish with his plans.
Most Airlines which failed in last 1 and half decade are the one who went big aggressively. Heavy spending with not much collateral and backup.

Indigo and Vistara are doing good because they went quite. No aggressive purchase plan. No outlandish offers and amenities to travelers.
Just don't go overboard.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Can be is does not go outlandish with his plans.
Most Airlines which failed in last 1 and half decade are the one who went big aggressively. Heavy spending with not much collateral and backup.

Indigo and Vistara are doing good because they went quite. No aggressive purchase plan. No outlandish offers and amenities to travelers.
Just don't go overboard.
Ya'll Nibbiars Go Air is the most successful and underestimate airline of India. And has deliver more profitable quarters than any airlines in India. And even the Indigo lost it's midas touch. And spice jet only expansion not a healthy financial books.

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ya'll Nibbiars Go Air is the most successful and underestimate airline of India. And has deliver more profitable quarters than any airlines in India. And even the Indigo lost it's midas touch. And spice jet only expansion not a healthy financial books.
Mate do u have balance sheet for GO Air or any document that goes into explaining it's policies.

Haldilal

Country flag
Mate do u have balance sheet for GO Air or any document that goes into explaining it's policies.
Ya'll Nibbiars their Balance sheet is constantly been healthy due to sustainable expansion unlike others. And @Bhumihar nibba it's a public unlisted firm. Don't have a proper balance sheet of them.

Last edited:

Bhurki

anglosphere has million and billion with nothing in between, and we have a crore.
How about crillion to bridge their gap?

I wonder what would happen if we simply start using crillion on SM.
The number of sub denominations in any number system can only be optimally defined when each sub division holds equal power of use.
Such an optimally defined divisional system is used to divide currency denominations into numbers as direct decimal multiples of 1,2,5. (Like 10,20,50 and 100,200,500)

As such, western number system provides a strong jerk when going from thousands to millions.
Weightage is given to geometric division of rate 10 initially (as in 10s, 100s, 1000s) and then abruptly shifting to rate of thousands (10³, 10^6, 10^9 and so on).

As compared to this, the Indian system provides a step change more gradually going from
1) rate of 10(10s, 100s, 1000s)
2] rate of 100( laksham, koti, arv, nikharv, neel, padm, shankh being 10^17) and then
3) moving to the much higher rate of 10^5 (mahakoti etc) providing numbers for astronomical calculations in verbal use.

XR SAM

Country flag
After how many years we can expect a fully made in India phone? It it feasible to make components in India or sourcing from other countries will always be cheaper...also is there any PLI scheme for existing mobile assembly companies in India to start component manufacturing?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
After how many years we can expect a fully made in India phone? It it feasible to make components in India or sourcing from other countries will always be cheaper...also is there any PLI scheme for existing mobile assembly companies in India to start component manufacturing?
The mobile manufacturing bus is long past mate.
The best think now u can hope for is OPPO vivo going bankrupt and the assembly line located here falling into some Indian companies hand.

XR SAM

Country flag
The mobile manufacturing bus is long past mate.
The best think now u can hope for is OPPO vivo going bankrupt and the assembly line located here falling into some Indian companies hand.
Then what are the other steps we are taking for electronics manufacturing? This sector can compete with textile and software in terms of job creation as we have huge demand for gadgets. What should be the way forward..

sauntheninja

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Metro and IR Trains are being designed by Titagarh Firema. Firema is an Italian firm that Titagarh Wagons acquired. 25% of the trains are being made at Firema's plant and the rest will be manufactured by Titagarh at Mahametro's plant at Nagpur.

FalconZero

Country flag
Long term implications?

View attachment 115787
GOI should launch their own crypto IMO or some sort of digital currency, it's centralized and backed by something that will mean it can't fluctuate like bitcoin or other alt coins. China is already doing it.

The overall owners don't matter much but it shows future potential, as of now our total actual ownership will be not worth much since most of them are using easy apps like wazirX, etc. to invest in alt coins due to which they mostly incur losses.

I myself bought some alt coins when i was a student/just graduated and quickly minted them to pay for my college dues and rest used to buy shibs (it was a dumb but a later proven to be lucky move) and eventually recently switched all to bitcoin(you can say almost 10x profit) and now even that proved to be lucky so overall, despite being newbie it went well for me since i got just lucky(20% profit) it wasn't that bad.

I don't care about cryptos since i have a job but sometimes you can make quick returns though I will never recommend it for any long term investment, no matter whatever anyone says or gives example of anything.

There will be market correction soon in the crypto market. If you want to risk, invest in shib for keks, (if lucky you may get at least 5x to 10x return), i still feel that it has some steam left.

Last edited:

FalconZero

Country flag
10 crore idiots i would say... It's better to gamble. I sometimes ask why this coin is doubling every month. They are like I don't know just be happy. It's worst then tulip boom.
Kek i remember i think it was around july, it was total bloodbath. BTC dumped by 50% almost, doge etc. which were being shilled by felon musk lost dumped by 75%. I was lucky since i had to pay my college dues i took it out at the top.

Haldilal

Country flag
10 crore idiots i would say... It's better to gamble. I sometimes ask why this coin is doubling every month. They are like I don't know just be happy. It's worst then tulip boom.
Ya'll Nibbiars atleast the Tulip was a commodity this is the worst bubble ever happened.

JBH22

Long term implications?

View attachment 115787
The more I try to understand the more I find this to be a bad idea. Then I meet people who are self proclaimed 'experts'. My understanding as to why it is a bad idea.

1. ECONOMICS: What is its fundamental value, how to arrive at same?
2. TECH PART: Complex terms such as hash, DLT mechanism, mining. I bet even sane person would become mad trying to figure this part only.
3. LEGAL ASPECT: Classification of these are still in limbo. Tokens can be classified having following functions currency, investment and utility. Now in reality it is a combination of these functions.
If you read credible jurisdiction have not yet defined this, you get Malta jurisdiction having introduced umbrella act such as 'Virtual Financial Act', basically a tax heaven.
I may be wrong but more i try to master/comprehend this, it does not look like a good idea.

PS: The creator of BITCOIN remained anonymous, we are still speculating on his identity.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles