Indian Economy: News and Discussion

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Buy? You think buying a new vehicle is child's play for a middle class family? My car is just 4 yrs old and if I sell it to buy a new one, I would barely get Rs.3.5 lakh (if lucky), and would have to shell out another Rs.7 lakh for EV(given only Nexon is worth buying one). Sorry, even though the expense can be manageable and wont break my bank, it would still be an unnecessary expenditure.

Now, the point is not my trouble with petrol price. I can manage and extra Rs 3k per month isn't going to break me. But, I am relatively comfortable finance-wise. What about those who are not? Even motorbikes run on petrol and a huge majority of low income group people depend on motobikes to commute.

Newsflash, there has been almost nil growth of salary in unorganised sector and full chance of losing job if an employee fails to commute. The bikes and public transport are their lifelines. Every single thing has gotten expensive.

The stiff inflation in everything is wearing thin people's patience. But, I guess some people are too busy inaugurating Boy's hostel to notice that.
Most people don't vote on ideology, its inflation which ultimately makes you win or loose an election. UPA2 lost primarily because of high inflation.

One reason why Modi won 2019 with a bigger majority was very low inflation. Continuous high inflation will turn public mood despite contrary gyan by masterstrokevaadis

fooLIam

Digital investment is different from industrial investment .Industrial investment provides lots of job opportunity including backward and forward . India going to be a hub of electric vehicle in future and every component ll be manufactured here .

This company exported 4 mil e vehicle to europe and usa in 2019 alone and they are saying their entire production unit ll be transfered to india .

China's demography and increasing wage ll force many companies to migrate outside in future just like usa companies migrated to China .. then why not india ..

Indian auto industry is mature and they can compete . Our mobile companies lacked innovation and quality product before chinese came and they were also importing all components from china . So nothing to be nostalgic abt .
I am concerned about their timing. Our ev industry have just borned and is not even learned to walk, here a Chinese companies comes which is already matured and have huge capital, will this not jeopardize our own yet to start booming industry. Chinese will have one more economic leverage ov r us. While chines have started to assemble in other countries still components is outsourced from china only.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Most people don't vote on ideology, its inflation which ultimately makes you win or loose an election. UPA2 lost primarily because of high inflation.

One reason why Modi won 2019 with a bigger majority was very low inflation. Continuous high inflation will turn public mood despite contrary gyan by masterstrokevaadis
I disagree. UPA 2 lost because their Anna Angolan gave opportunity to BJP. Anna andolan dented Congress Image, rest was done by awesome orator Mr. MODI.

Modi won 2019 because of
1. Balakot strike
2. Pappu as opposition

Modi will win 2024 even if there is high inflation because
1. Modi will sell his development
3. Ram mandir ( completion by 2023 end early 2024 by design)
3. No credible opposition
4. Rahul as congress PM along with Mamta as PM from TMC

BJP wont destabilize WB because of the simple reason that they want TMC not to fight with congress as united opposition. BJP will get more than 303 seats in 2024 if Mamta and congress fight separately.

Last edited:

fooLIam

Honestly it looks like congress and bhajapa have some kind of agreement ,at most 10 years you 10 years us.
Almost everyone around me is talking about petrol, diseal prices, every shop wala says "kya kre sahab Diesel,petrol ke dham dekho.". Either this or nirmala tai is screwing yogi as @jackprince mentioned.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
I disagree. UPA 2 lost because their Anna Angolan gave opportunity to BJP. Anna andolan dented Congress Image, rest was done by awesome orator Mr. MODI.

Modi won 2019 because of
1. Balakot strike
2. Pappu as opposition

Modi will win 2024 even if there is high inflation because
1. Modi will sell his development
3. Ram mandir ( completion by 2023 end early 2024 by design)
3. No credible opposition
4. Rahul as congress PM along with Mamta as PM from TMC

BJP wont destabilize WB because of the simple reason that they want TMC not to fight with congress as united opposition. BJP will get more than 303 seats in 2024 if Mamta and congress fight separately.
TV/Twitter tamasha is an urban middle class phenomenon. Poor people have more pressing needs. I'm not saying it doesn't matter, but inflation trumps all this

SimplyIndian

Country flag
TV/Twitter tamasha is an urban middle class phenomenon. Poor people have more pressing needs. I'm not saying it doesn't matter, but inflation trumps all this
Inflation will definitely have its impact, hence Modi is pushing for EV big time. He started edible oil handling already. Before 2024 there will be huge reduction in both oil bills. Public has memory of 3 to 6 months only. If GOI control and reduce inflation from jan 2024 onwards along with Ram mandir, will guarantee a sweeping victory.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Yeah.

Folks here think I am out here to get Modi. But, they fail to see the points that are glaring and staring at your face which might ultimately take their own house down. It is economy that keeps a regime in power, and unfortunately in democracy it is micro economy i.e. individual households rather than GDP projection and growth percentage that gets the nod from sundry voters.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Inflation will definitely have its impact, hence Modi is pushing for EV big time. He started edible oil handling already. Before 2024 there will be huge reduction in both oil bills. Public has memory of 3 to 6 months only. If GOI control and reduce inflation from jan 2024 onwards along with Ram mandir, will guarantee a sweeping victory.
You think so? If people had only 3-6 months memory, congress wouldn't still be in this pathetic condition.

In this day and era of information, the old mantra of people having short memories and shit doesn't work. Especially if the prices start getting reduced just before 2024 elections, the hypocrisy would so very stark that it would cost votes rather than gain them. The time of covid would remain etched in people's memories for a loooong time and the actions of the govt too.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
You think so? If people had only 3-6 months memory, congress wouldn't still be in this pathetic condition.

In this day and era of information, the old mantra of people having short memories and shit doesn't work. Especially if the prices start getting reduced just before 2024 elections, the hypocrisy would so very stark that it would cost votes rather than gain them. The time of covid would remain etched in people's memories for a loooong time and the actions of the govt too.
Do u think action of GOI or handling of covid by GOI is bad memory? If no then how come this will impact BJP future. On the contrary covid handling will help BJP win, as GOI is doing phenomenal.

doreamon

Country flag

And fuel price is not abt fuel price .. It adds transportation costs to everything . Yogi ll be first to suffer . Number of seats ll reduce it seems like . OPEC controlls who rules india 😑 sooner we are energy independent better it is .

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Do u think action of GOI or handling of covid by GOI is bad memory? If no then how come this will impact BJP future. On the contrary covid handling will help BJP win, as GOI is doing phenomenal.
Do you thing Covid time only refers to Covid handling of Govt?

What do you think will be drummed up by the opposition - the covid handling or unchecked inflation during covid time when people had little money to begin with?

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Do you thing Covid time only refers to Covid handling of Govt?

What do you think will be drummed up by the opposition - the covid handling or unchecked inflation during covid time when people had little money to begin with?
So u moved the goal post. Anyway.

Covfefe

Country flag
Where did he get his numbers from? And FMCG bases were not subdued in the Jul-Sep quarter of 2020, but the pipeline inventory depletion in the lockdowns during the third month of Jan-Mar Qtr and first two months of Apr-Jun Qtr, lead to suppressed demands being shown in subsequent months. Despite 3 months of sporadic lockdowns, all major FMCGs(HUL, ITC, Marico, P&G, J&J, Pepsico, RB) ended at a flat or less than 5% sales drop compared to 2019. Rural demand was definitely subdued but most of the value comes from Metro and Tier II. With MGNREGA, PM KISAN Samman Nidhi, and other support programs, rural demand must pick up soon.
FMCG is one industry that remains pretty insulated to the economic boom-bust cycles.

here2where

Fact remains that the current dispensation will continue to be in the gaddi in one form or another, fuel price graph and every other inconvenience be damned. Lack of any real option means this sarkar has the leeway to push mango man's patience to levels previous sarkars could only have fantasied about.

Most people are resigned to live in pain - covid vaccine give-aways and resultant fiasco, fuel price rise etc are 'little' things you pay for a 'stable secure sarkar'. People in power today have become adept in crying wolf and pointing fingers and crying hoarse 'yindooism khatre mein hain so vote us in'.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
So u moved the goal post. Anyway.
Didn't move the goal post, you seem to have misread the post or didn't comprehend what I wrote to begin with. Covid time DOES NOT mean handling covid only. It is a period that involves more than a singular action.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Fact remains that the current dispensation will continue to be in the gaddi in one form or another, fuel price graph be damned. Lack of any option means sarkar has the leeway to push mango man's patience to extreme levels previous sarkars could have only fantasied about.

Most people have resigned to live in pain - covid vaccine give-aways and resultant fiasco, fuel price rise etc are 'little' things you pay for a 'stable secure sarkar'.
Yeah, Modi seem to have the stars helping him that he only has to face a collective if useless fools as opposition. May be that is why the stars has decided to give PK to the opposition just to make it interesting, and intereeting it will be.

If for any reason UP is lost, the outcome of 2024 election may very well see BJP sitting in opposition.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Now 60 societies on track for redevelopment in the Bandra, Khar, Santacruz. Wonder if we are set to see a mini-Lower Parel moment in this micromarket?.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Yeah, Modi seem to have the stars helping him that he only has to face a collective if useless fools as opposition. May be that is why the stars has decided to give PK to the opposition just to make it interesting, and intereeting it will be.

If for any reason UP is lost, the outcome of 2024 election may very well see BJP sitting in opposition.
UP is going through crazy growth and transformation. Sure the COVID was a bit of a mess, but it is something people will forget in exchange for the benefits they got. Never before did the state rank so highly in safety in modern India's history. Not to mention the success at inviting major investors to the state. I see Yogi winning again if you ask me.

Global Defence

Articles