Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The First Mobile Phone Call In India Was Made Using Modi Telstra Network. And that very 1st call was made by Commie JB.

And here by The Fascist Modi Resigns.

images - 2021-09-26T205452.716.jpeg

Last edited:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
there is certainly noise about this ... but since the trend nowadays is to dis-regard anything that doesn't rhyme with namo namo namo, it doesn't register.

View attachment 115150

View attachment 115153
This is gonna hurt in UP and further. People have a looooong memory about things that hurt them.

Same thing happened just before last 4 state elections. Rising fuel prices, LPG getting dearer, stupid statement about reduction in interest rate. If I didn't know better, I would have thought there are some groups within the Fin Min and especially in Energy Min who want to sabotage BJP's chances in states so that they don't gain majority in RS.

here2where

This is gonna hurt in UP and further. People have a looooong memory about things that hurt them.

Same thing happened just before last 4 state elections. Rising fuel prices, LPG getting dearer, stupid statement about reduction in interest rate. If I didn't know better, I would have thought there are some groups within the Fin Min and especially in Energy Min who want to sabotage BJP's chances in states so that they don't gain majority in RS.
"Mudi has destroyed the economy" is the echo these days. Hard to ignore come elections.
Own plane, new parl, shiny toys from weapons manufacturers. etc etc etc provide the background score. Powerful orchestra, mind you.

Roshan

Country flag
there is certainly noise about this ... but since the trend nowadays is to dis-regard anything that doesn't rhyme with namo namo namo, it doesn't register.

View attachment 115150

View attachment 115153
Yea I mean you do get the odd murmur but this kind of thing should lead to street protests, at this present moment much more than that sham post truth gandolan which is going on around delhi or which unicorn - some making continuous losses - is slated for listing in the umpteenth overpriced ipo this year. We just bought a new vehicle but can still fortunately see the funny side of this but I can imagine quite a few who can't/won't. And then maami will come up with a quip in parliament that youth are not buying cars nowadays preferring ola uber instead. Duh.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
"Mudi has destroyed the economy" is the echo these days. Hard to ignore come elections.
Own plane, new parl, shiny toys from weapons manufacturers. etc etc etc provide the background score. Powerful orchestra, mind you.
My own fuel cost has grown exponentially. Due to covid my car gets used even more than it used to and where my fuel cost used to stay about Rs.3.5K range, it has now grown to over Rs.6.5K. The fares of public transport except Govt ones has also grown and Uber/Ola rides leaves a burning hole in my pocket if I have to take one!

My income had hardly grown, but my regular expenses have grown to a huge percentage. If it is biting me in my ass, I can't imagine what a man with less financial security is feeling. It is past time when GoI cuts back on Fuel Cess. It is feasible and won't cause a great deal hurt to the exchequer either.

But, someone in the top is thinking Modi-nama would carry their boat to the shore once again. Or may be, Yogi is a thorn they want to get rid of?

Roshan

Country flag
My own fuel cost has grown exponentially. Due to covid my car gets used even more than it used to and where my fuel cost used to stay about Rs.3.5K range, it has now grown to over Rs.6.5K. The fares of public transport except Govt ones has also grown and Uber/Ola rides leaves a burning hole in my pocket if I have to take one!

My income had hardly grown, but my regular expenses have grown to a huge percentage. If it is biting me in my ass, I can't imagine what a man with less financial security is feeling. It is past time when GoI cuts back on Fuel Cess. It is feasible and won't cause a great deal hurt to the exchequer either.

But, someone in the top is thinking Modi-nama would carry their boat to the shore once again. Or may be, Yogi is a thorn they want to get rid of?
Working from home is perhaps a bigger blessing in disguise in this regard for the govt and the mango man. Fuel prices has been one thing oddly they haven't ever decided to control despite favorable global situation throught the last 7 yrs. I know there are petrol bonds etc but spare a thought sometime!

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Working from home is perhaps a bigger blessing in disguise in this regard for the govt and the mango man. Fuel prices has been one thing oddly they haven't ever decided to control despite favorable global situation throught the last 7 yrs. I know there are petrol bonds etc but spare a thought sometime!
Most pvt offices and even most Central govt offices are working full time - unofficially nowadays btw. The guidelines are not enforced anywhere.

here2where

"ASK ME WHAT TO DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY"

fdfd.png

doreamon

Country flag

Buy electric car .. At max u ll drive 100-150 km per day .. The way things are right now it is prudent to have a electric vehicle along with a petrol one . Fuel price not coming down future .

Haldilal

Country flag
Buy electric car .. At max u ll drive 100-150 km per day .. The way things are right now it is prudent to have a electric vehicle along with a petrol one . Fuel price not coming down future .

Ya'll Nibbiars if tomorrow BEV are taxed or separate electric meters you are going to get hearing from the Here2Where Nibba. Don't give adive if you can get in trouble.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Another Gem from the TeamBHP.

And don't think so. For one, Tax increases on Fuel didn't start in 2020. They started in 2014 itself. Modiji has been increasing taxes on Fuel from 2014 on. Even when World Oil Prices were at 30$ a barrel, we were still not getting the benefit because each time Oil Prices dropped, Modiji increased Taxes on Fuel. Excise Duty in 2015-16 itself was twice was it was in 2014-15. He has been looting us for 7 years. In these 7 years. the Union Govt has made an additional 8.65 lakh crores of additional revenues over what they would have made without Modiji's tax increases.

The vaccine cost is probably around 30,000 crores could be even lesser probably considering how 25% of the vaccines are done by private providers.

So 8.65 lakh crores of tax increases in 7 years to pay for 30,000 crores of vaccines. Just in 2020-21, itself Fuel tax increase was 1.5 lakh crores over 2019-20 sharing source for the data. I don't even have the guts to compare it with 2013-14.

And of course, there is PM Care fund. In the first 5 days, the fund got 3000 crores in donations. No idea how much is their current corpus, but I am sure it would be a good amount.

doreamon

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars if tomorrow BEV are taxed or separate electric meters you are going to get hearing from the Here2Where Nibba. Don't give adive if you can get in trouble.
That wont happen any time soon . In fact Delhi govt is providing separate connection for Ev charge if u order and cost is half of normal electricity cost .

Haldilal

Country flag
That wont happen any time soon . In fact Delhi govt is providing separate connection for Ev charge if u order and cost is half of normal electricity cost .
Ya'll Nibbiars yeah Delhi the most debted City in India. Sab kuch Free mein.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles