Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The September Exports Data.

image.png

Reactions: SKC

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Merchandise Exports by category.

I. MERCHANDISE TRADE.

EXPORTS Including re-exports.

1 . Exports in September 2021 were USD 33.79 Billion, as compared to USD 27.56 Billion in
September 2020, exhibiting a positive growth of 22.63 per cent. In Rupee terms, exports were
Rs. 2,48,605.74 Crore in September 2021, as compared to Rs. 2,02,508.54 Crore in September
2020, registering a positive growth of 22.76 per cent. As compared to September 2019, exports in September 2021 exhibited a positive growth of 29.86 per cent in Dollar terms and 33.92 per cent in Rupee terms.

2 . The commodities, commodity groups which have recorded positive growth during September 2021 vis-à-vis September 2020 are Coffee 62.55%, Cashew 49.4%, Petroleum products 47.91%, Cotton yarn, fabs made-ups, handloom products etc. 40.5%, Engineering goods 36.83%, Organic & inorganic chemicals 29.65%, Man-made yarn, fabs made ups etc.
26.49%, Electronic goods 26.33%, Other cereals 21.18%, Fruits & vegetables 21.13%,
Gems & jewellery 19.71%, Plastic & Linoleum 18.61%, Jute mfg. including floor covering
16.04%, Marine products 12.67%, RMG of all textiles 9.24%, Mica, Coal & other ores,
minerals including processed minerals 8.82%, Leather & leather products 7.41%, Cereal
preparations & miscellaneous processed items 5.64%, Rice 5.62%, Carpet 4.42%, Tea
3.2% and Handicrafts excl. hand made Carpet 2.29%.

3 . The commodities, commodity groups which have recorded negative growth during September 2021 vis-à-vis September 2020 are Iron ore -72.77%, Oil meals -39.05%, Oil seeds
-26.77%, Tobacco -16.31%, Ceramic products & glassware -14.15%, Spices -13.56%,
Meat, dairy & poultry products -10.77% and Drugs & pharmaceuticals -8.45%.

4 . Cumulative value of exports for the period April-September 2021 was USD 197.89 Billion
Rs. 14,63,048.24 Crore as against USD 125.62 Billion Rs. 9,41,358.09 Crore during the
period April September 2020, registering a positive growth of 57.53 per cent in Dollar terms. And The positive growth of 55.42 per cent in Rupee terms. As compared to April-September 2019, exports in April-September 2021 exhibited a positive growth of 24.33 per cent in Dollar terms and 31.35 per cent in Rupee terms.

5 . Non-petroleum and Non-Gems and Jewellery exports in September 2021 were USD 25.34
Billion, as compared to USD 21.33 Billion in September 2020, registering a positive growth
of 18.82 per cent. As compared to September 2019, Non-petroleum and Non-Gems and
Jewellery exports in September 2021 registered a positive growth of 33.39 per cent. Non-
petroleum and Non-Gems and Jewellery exports in April-September 2021 were USD 149.89
Billion, as compared to USD 104.81 Billion for the corresponding period in 2020-21, which is
an increase of 43.02 per cent. As compared to April-September 2019, Non-petroleum and Non-
Gems and Jewellery exports in April-September 2021 registered a positive growth of 26.34
per cent

Last edited:

HitmanBlood

Country flag
How can pakistan be ranked above india in this so called “hunger index“ infant mortality rate in Pakistan is 55.7 deaths per 1000 live Births , Maternal Mortality rate is 186 deaths per 100,000 live births and average life expectancy is just 67.27 years
Those "surveys" are conducted by certain people in a way to make certain countries look good and other look bad based on international world order. This image building on international level is the sole reason behind such surveys. Their relevance comes from the fact that gullible people take such surveys seriously and form their world view based on that.

Ya'll Nibbiars I don't remember the last time I uttered "Full kar do" at the petrol pump!

The petrol pump staff told me yesterday that all usual customers are filling-up the tanks with max 1,500 to 2,000 rupees at the most.

This is the 14th time that petrol price has been hiked in two weeks while diesel rates have gone up 17 times in three weeks.

In Delhi, petrol now costs 105.14 rupees per litre while the price of diesel was raised by the same amount to 93.87 rupees per litre. In Mumbai, petrol prices were raised by 0.34 paise to 111.09 rupees per litre while diesel by 0.37 paise to 101.78 rupees per litre.
One my workers told me yesterday that petrol is too expensive. He was really angry on Modi for petrol price. Can't blame him as he doesn't make lot of money.

Last edited:

sauntheninja

Country flag
Those "surveys" are conducted by certain people in way to make certain countries look good and other look bad based on international world order. This image building on international level is the sole reason behind such surveys. Their relevance comes from the fact that gullible people take such surveys seriously and form their world view based on that.

One my workers told me yesterday that petrol is too expensive. He was really angry on Modi for petrol price. Can't blame him as he doesn't make lot of money.
Think of everything as a international conspiracy and then wonder why conditions are improving on ground the first step towards betterment is acceptance instead of blaming these surveys look inward and see what is the cause for our rankings

Haldilal

Country flag
Those "surveys" are conducted by certain people in a way to make certain countries look good and other look bad based on international world order. This image building on international level is the sole reason behind such surveys. Their relevance comes from the fact that gullible people take such surveys seriously and form their world view based on that.

Ya'll Nibbiars Not a single Minister or Top Babu hardly incurs any household expenditure, literally everything is taken care of by taxpayer funds. The very taxpayers meanwhile are being trampled upon by rising costs. And despite the inflation still in control. The anger is set to rise.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Think of everything as a international conspiracy and then wonder why conditions are improving on ground the first step towards betterment is acceptance instead of blaming these surveys look inward and see what is the cause for our rankings
Dude you bury your head in sand? The NGO used a freaking telephonic survey! Do you understand its meaning? They just called up a few people and asked them whether they were hungry or not; like literally! Ironically they think people have money to afford phones but not basic food! And apart from that, Qu Dongyu is a former chinese minister; feeling something odd yet? If every counter to these dubious reports made by random NGOs looks like conspiracy theory to you then it cannot be helped. I even posted an ET article that questioned their methodology; surely you did not read them. This same thing happened when there were discussions on the Adani coal mine episode a few weeks back here on DFI; I literally posted news articles where the Aussie government on record admitted that the chinese government was funding/engaging with anti-Adani campaigners to kill outside competition and safeguard their own interests. You ignored those reports as well.

Last edited:

Covfefe

Country flag
Dude you bury your head in sand? The NGO used a freaking telephonic survey! Do you understand its meaning? They just called up a few people and asked them whether they were hungry or not; like literally! Ironically they think people have money to afford phones but not basic food! And apart from that, Qu Dongyu is a former chinese minister; feeling something odd yet? If every counter to these dubious reports made by random NGOs looks like conspiracy yo you then it cannot be helped. I even posted an ET article that questioned their methodology; surely you did not read them. This same thing happened when there were discussions on the Adani coal mine episode a few weeks back here on DFI; I literally posted news articles where the Aussie government on record admitted that the chinese government was funding/engaging with anti-Adani campaigners to kill outside competition and safeguard their own interests. You ignored those reports as well.
Not to mention the fiasco of EODB reports scam that was uncovered a few days back, and no prizes for guessing- the ChiComs were involved

doreamon

Country flag
Read this article

Then ask yourself why is cuba in top 10 .. Then if u apply some logic u ll discover cuba is a cum munist country and cum munist designed this report .

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The methods used by this NGO is questionable.

Dude you bury your head in sand? The NGO used a freaking telephonic survey! Do you understand its meaning? They just called up a few people and asked them whether they were hungry or not; like literally! Ironically they think people have money to afford phones but not basic food! And apart from that, Qu Dongyu is a former chinese minister; feeling something odd yet? If every counter to these dubious reports made by random NGOs looks like conspiracy yo you then it cannot be helped. I even posted an ET article that questioned their methodology; surely you did not read them. This same thing happened when there were discussions on the Adani coal mine episode a few weeks back here on DFI; I literally posted news articles where the Aussie government on record admitted that the chinese government was funding/engaging with anti-Adani campaigners to kill outside competition and safeguard their own interests. You ignored those reports as well.
Ya'll Nibbiars standard modus operandi by the liberandus will question the official GOI data. But will believe any NGO's data without any questions. And Sauntheninja also following them blindly.

Read this article

Then ask yourself why is cuba in top 10 .. Then if u apply some logic u ll discover cuba is a cum munist country and cum munist designed this report .
Ya'll Nibbiars The liberandus I can't see this, Hear This, Talk about this but India is facing hunger crises due to the Fascist Modi.

doreamon

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The methods used by this NGO is questionable.

Ya'll Nibbiars standard modus operandi by the liberandus will question the official GOI data. But will believe any NGO's data without any questions. And Sauntheninja also following them blindly.

Ya'll Nibbiars The liberandus I can't see this, Hear This, Talk about this but India is facing hunger crises due to the Fascist Modi.
My gori madam and jhing ping master is always right ! We are bad people 😣

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
My gora madam and jhing ping master is always right ! We are bad people 😣
Ya'll Nibbiars What The foreign based NGO does they call their agenst like residing in India and like are a few hundred, the rest of the show is managed by local satraps like Indira Jaisingh and Swara Bhaskar. They prepares some report ofcouse biased and send them to their Foreign masters and this reports are made.

Indian RW be like karara jawaab milega :daru:

Last edited:

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Statistics of different parameters are prepared by a nation state for purpose of policy planning and budgeting needs. The money for such exercise is paid by tax payers of such country. Methods and findings of these statistics are audited by CAG like agencies.

Now at international level,

Who prepares such rankings? Why do they prepare such rankings? What is purpose of such rankings? Why don't they use government data? Why do they need their own survey? What makes such NGOs so trustworthy? Who audits their methods?

There is no conspiracy but rather a fact that statistics are manipulated to benifit a few. Here are some other facts. No NGO is profitless. No international institution is non biased. With money and influence everything is up for sale even at the highest levels.

Here is a small example

FalconZero

Country flag
Only way to shut the fingers that are being pointed is by being more transparent and sharing/collecting data regularly. Since i am not aware of which ministry actually publishes such reports on children development etc, i looked up and found that it's the responsibility of Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) and while going through their annual report you will find that they themselves are sharing that they collect data on the effectiveness of all the programs mentioned in the points while they debunk the global hunger index report, so this is just babus being retarded and acting like dipshits and avoiding the work.

Go through this, it mentions all the programs, events, plans which are undergoing and planned and in the stats section i found the ss below :

1634376031885.png

When you are already collecting such information, why not put some effort in communicating the results in a manner than normies can understand? Why not create two types of report, one detailed and other which should be direct in the form of graphs or normie language which can be published for plebs to read?

I fucking hate this, you can't blame others being dipshits because they will be but why are you not putting effort in communicating? Babus and government is just shifting the blame even if they are right nobody will give a fuck because you are not putting any data, just names of the programs and no one is going to read through and do their own research, it's your responsibility.

These fucktards never learn. I don't care about some random report from some dipshits but at least what about the government? The ministry which is responsible for this particular job? Why are they so shit that people had to resort to some foreign propaganda to know about the state of their own country?

Every frickin time, it's the same story...you can't stop others from propaganda but you can put your POV in clear, statistical manner and if they actually did it no organisation in the world can have better quantitative information that GOI about Indians on such reports, easy to shut down but they just want plain rehtorics, drama and shifting blames like lazy fucks.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Only way to shut the fingers that are being pointed is by being more transparent and sharing/collecting data regularly. Since i am not aware of which ministry actually publishes such reports on children development etc, i looked up and found that it's the responsibility of Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) and while going through their annual report you will find that they themselves are sharing that they collect data on the effectiveness of all the programs mentioned in the points while they debunk the global hunger index report, so this is just babus being retarded and acting like dipshits and avoiding the work.

Go through this, it mentions all the programs, events, plans which are undergoing and planned and in the stats section i found the ss below :

View attachment 114806

When you are already collecting such information, why not put some effort in communicating the results in a manner than normies can understand? Why not create two types of report, one detailed and other which should be direct in the form of graphs or normie language which can be published for plebs to read?

I fucking hate this, you can't blame others being dipshits because they will be but why are you not putting effort in communicating? Babus and government is just shifting the blame even if they are right nobody will give a fuck because you are not putting any data, just names of the programs and no one is going to read through and do their own research, it's your responsibility.

These fucktards never learn. I don't care about some random report from some dipshits but at least what about the government? The ministry which is responsible for this particular job? Why are they so shit that people had to resort to some foreign propaganda to know about the state of their own country?

Every frickin time, it's the same story...you can't stop others from propaganda but you can put your POV in clear, statistical manner and if they actually did it no organisation in the world can have better quantitative information that GOI about Indians on such reports, easy to shut down but they just want plain rehtorics, drama and shifting blames like lazy fucks.
Check out CNNS, NFHS surveys throughout the last 10 years and the World Bank database. You will see marked improvement across all the parameters. But as you said; a common man with near zero knowledge of statistics will not understand much of it.

Haldilal

Country flag
Check out CNNS, NFHS surveys throughout the last 10 years and the World Bank database. You will see marked improvement across all the parameters. But as you said; a common man with near zero knowledge of statistics will not understand much of it.
Statistics of different parameters are prepared by a nation state for purpose of policy planning and budgeting needs. The money for such exercise is paid by tax payers of such country. Methods and findings of these statistics are audited by CAG like agencies.

Now at international level,

Who prepares such rankings? Why do they prepare such rankings? What is purpose of such rankings? Why don't they use government data? Why do they need their own survey? What makes such NGOs so trustworthy? Who audits their methods?

There is no conspiracy but rather a fact that statistics are manipulated to benifit a few. Here are some other facts. No NGO is profitless. No international institution is non biased. With money and influence everything is up for sale even at the highest levels.

Here is a small example

Ya'll Nibbiars many NGO's are indirectly funded by many Intelligences agencies like the Sister organization of the Save The children's. An educated and qualified/licensed person can equally fall for the lure of foreign NGO money and sell out. The regulation of narrative requires muscle power, otherwise qualified journalists will sit in their high tower and broadcast whatever they want.

Fritz

Country flag
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum so I would like to know a thing or two about IMF projections. Just gone through their latest World Economic Outlook where they predicted GDP growth at current prices for many economies and found something I did not understand.

Here, they are projecting real GDP growth of 9.5% this year and 8.5% for the next year, i.e., the GDP per capita of India at current prices are rising from the present $1.93k to $2.12k with an average inflation of 5.6%. But based on what I know nominal growth= real growth+ inflation +(-) currency appreciation(depreciation). I checked out various other emerging economies like Bangladesh and Indonesia and for them this calculation holds. But for India they are ignoring the inflation part completely. Is there any specific reason? Please someone answer. How on earth does a real growth of 9.5% translate into a mere increase of some ~$180 in per capita GDP? @Haldilal @Crazywithmath @gslv markIII @ezsasa

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum so I would like to know a thing or two about IMF projections. Just gone through their latest World Economic Outlook where they predicted GDP growth at current prices for many economies and found something I did not understand.

Here, they are projecting real GDP growth of 9.5% this year and 8.5% for the next year, i.e., the GDP per capita of India at current prices are rising from the present $1.93k to $2.12k with an average inflation of 5.6%. But based on what I know nominal growth= real growth+ inflation +(-) currency appreciation(depreciation). I checked out various other emerging economies like Bangladesh and Indonesia and for them this calculation holds. But for India they are ignoring the inflation part completely. Is there any specific reason? Please someone answer. @Haldilal @Crazywithmath @gslv markIII @ezsasa
Ya'll Nibbiars RBI's Inflation regime is broken. RBI is keeping growth ahead of the Inflation and building the Foreign reserevs to later handle the Inflation's.

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
I don't think it is falling man. Maybe among the upper middle class. But just travel around the country in rural and urban poor areas; you will see families that can't even afford 1 kid have 5-6 of them. I had a maid who had 7 daughters and 1 son. Her elder daughter got married at 19 and the cycle continues.

On top of that, you also see ola walas having multiple wives and armies of children because their god ordered them to and you have the perfect recipe for economic and natural resources disaster.
Maybe one off case with your maid.
But here in My ancestral village area, TFR is lowering rapidly. My Uncle's times most people except my dad had more than 4 kids minimum.
But my cousins's generation almost all in same age group has only 1-2 kids. Same for Momins in the area. At most 3 kids for them.
We are from North-West UP.
Here in NCR also again most labour class also having 2-3 kids at max.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I don't remember the last time I uttered "Full kar do" at the petrol pump!

The petrol pump staff told me yesterday that all usual customers are filling-up the tanks with max 1,500 to 2,000 rupees at the most.

This is the 14th time that petrol price has been hiked in two weeks while diesel rates have gone up 17 times in three weeks.

In Delhi, petrol now costs 105.14 rupees per litre while the price of diesel was raised by the same amount to 93.87 rupees per litre. In Mumbai, petrol prices were raised by 0.34 paise to 111.09 rupees per litre while diesel by 0.37 paise to 101.78 rupees per litre.
I never understood this fad of full kardo.
I have been getting 1000 rs fuel at once since last 10 yrs. Sometimes get 2000rs.

Fritz

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars RBI's Inflation regime is broken.
So they are not adding inflation in India's data while doing it for the other economies? If this is true then all the hue and cry about Bangladesh surpassing India becomes meaningless because the IMF is underestimating India's nominal per capita GDP.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles