Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Covfefe

Country flag
But in case of Bihar both GDP and GDP growth rate kept increasing
View attachment 113295
Look at the base of Bihar from where it started. Per capita GDP is the lowest-$681, man and by a far margin. Even UP (which is also very poor by national standards) has 45% higher per capita GDP($991). India's per capita GDP is around 2100 $. Its simply the base effect.

devx101

Country flag
Almost had a laugh seeing Bihar Pumping in this thread....here's my 2 cents

Bihar with a Low Base GDP can claim many things. It is perfectly normal. Growth in Agri/ House Construction in rural areas can have growth but when it comes to Long term stability the least the said the better.

Bihar has Patna as it's capital. It neither is modern nor is an education hub...Is basically nothing. Few Agri industries maybe, my friend who lives there says half people hv Shops here & half work in Govt, rest are retired with there child's working in some other states. Bihar has Poor Infra, Law & Order issues, poor work culture (sarkari naukri thinking) .All the Investment Figures shown for Bihar....Only time will tell. Even Jharkhand had an MoU signing competition since 2003, nothing came evidently. Proof of the pudding lies in Eating. Bihar should try for an Agri revolution first.

Regarding UP till few yrs back it was a dead horse but come Yogi, Gosh i am impressed , it is in the Top of Investors list and that's no Joke. People forget Lucknow is also an Industrial Hub, so is Kanpur/Agra/Aligarh/Meerut etc. NOIDA is a massive transformational area which will lift the entire region. If Yogi pulls off a SemiConductor facility in Noida, it will literally se a deluge.

sauntheninja

Country flag

Bihar with a Low Base GDP can claim many things. It is perfectly normal. Growth in Agri/ House Construction in rural areas can have growth but when it comes to Long term stability the least the said the better.

Bihar has Patna as it's capital. It neither is modern nor is an education hub...Is basically nothing. Few Agri industries maybe, my friend who lives there says half people hv Shops here & half work in Govt, rest are retired with there child's working in some other states. Bihar has Poor Infra, Law & Order issues, poor work culture (sarkari naukri thinking) .All the Investment Figures shown for Bihar....Only time will tell. Even Jharkhand had an MoU signing competition since 2003, nothing came evidently. Proof of the pudding lies in Eating. Bihar should try for an Agri revolution first.

Regarding UP till few yrs back it was a dead horse but come Yogi, Gosh i am impressed , it is in the Top of Investors list and that's no Joke. People forget Lucknow is also an Industrial Hub, so is Kanpur/Agra/Aligarh/Meerut etc. NOIDA is a massive transformational area which will lift the entire region. If Yogi pulls off a SemiConductor facility in Noida, it will literally se a deluge.
I want to be as optimistic in life as @Chandragupt Maurya is towards the future of bihar

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Lucknow is an industrial hub ? UP is top of investors list ? How ? Can you produce data to prove your point i will appreciate that

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Look at the base of Bihar from where it started. Per capita GDP is the lowest-$681, man and by a far margin. Even UP (which is also very poor by national standards) has 45% higher per capita GDP($991). India's per capita GDP is around 2100 $. Its simply the base effect.
The GDP per capita of Bihar seems to be overtking The GDP per capita of UP in next 1-2 years

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Bengal industrial growth corridor of Dankuni, Haldian, Kharagpur, Kalyani, Durgapur has the potential to attract Rs. 43,000 cr investment : WBIDC.

Actually their potential is more them 1,00,000 crores but due to the TMC. It's slashed more than half in sizes.

devx101

Country flag
Also one needs only one LARGE METRO Area for development of entire state (usually).
MH = Mumbai, Nashik, Pune Zone + Nagpur(offshoot).
DELHI = ncr + chandigarh+ Jaipur+ Agra.
KARNTKA, TN = Blore+ Chennai belt fully.
TL = Hyderabad- warangal belt area.
AP= vizag- vijaywada area.
WB = Kolkata, Haldia+ Along rly lines till Burdwan/Kgp till Durgapur.
TN though has seen all round development across the state.
GJ = ahemdabad+surat+vadodra belt ++entire state almost (thanks to the Legend named Modi).
UP = I think Kanpur-Lucknow belt will be a Gamechanger , Noida++ is there always to take the heavy load.

I think many cities in Central Indian suffer due to lack of Big Metro's nearby like Indore, Bhopal etc.

Projection of GDP for large states= 15% ~ 17% (performers) [includes 5% Inflation] which is roughly equal to 4X till 2030 (09 years).
Maharastra hence will easily cross 1 Trillion$. Along with UP, GJ, TN, KA.
WB may be (if it corrects it's Kolkata area economy).

Laggards with no human capital will grow at 12% max maybe. Bihar hence at max can reach 300 Billion$ by 2030. It is bound to slow down after agri rush passes away.

Cities can achieve much Higher growth rates exceeding 20% for brief periods (with increased Inflation).

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Also one needs only one LARGE METRO Area for development of entire state (usually).
GJ = ahemdabad+surat+vadodra belt ++entire state almost (thanks to the Legend named Modi).
UP = I think Kanpur-Lucknow belt will be a Gamechanger , Noida++ is there always to take the heavy load.

I think many cities in Central Indian suffer due to lack of Big Metro's nearby like Indore, Bhopal etc.

Projection of GDP for large states= 15% ~ 17% (performers) [includes 5% Inflation] which is roughly equal to 4X till 2030 (09 years).

Laggards with no human capital will grow at 12% max maybe. Bihar hence at max can reach 300 Billion$ by 2030. It is bound to slow down after agri rush passes away.

Cities can achieve much Higher growth rates exceeding 20% for brief periods (with increased Inflation).
GDP of Lucknow is 1/3rd of the GDP of Patna and GDP growth rate of UP was -8% while Bihar was growing at the rate of 2.52% in 2020-21 there is exactly no comparison
And GDP can be artificially inflated but if you check the parameters like Infant mortality rate , maternal mortality rate and average life expectancy UP is ranked much lower than Bihar
1633443041103.png

1633443171999.png

Last edited:

devx101

Country flag
Lucknow is an industrial hub ? UP is top of investors list ? How ? Can you produce data to prove your point i will appreciate that
Generally i dont get into quarel matches but here are some tips...
Read Economic Times + Mint newspaper daily, view lucknow or any other city by Google Maps you will get it.

Lucknow/Kanpur is very big Industrial area if you look from Bihar's perspective but small from Pune's perspective.

And here are some Facts.....

These are not fanboy articles, but the Reality....

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Generally i dont get into quarel matches but here are some tips...
Read Economic Times + Mint newspaper daily, view lucknow or any other city by Google Maps you will get it.

Lucknow/Kanpur is very big Industrial area if you look from Bihar's perspective but small from Pune's perspective.

And here are some Facts.....

These are not fanboy articles, but the Reality....
Big Industrial area with a GDP of 4 and 8 billion dollars? GDP of Patna was 21.5 billion dollars in 2019-20
if you exclude the GDP of Delhi NCR then GDP per capita of UP will be the lowest in india

devx101

Country flag
Big Industrial area with a GDP of 4 and 8 billion dollars? GDP of Patna was 21.5 billion dollars in 2019-20
if you exclude the GDP of Delhi NCR then GDP per capita of UP will be the lowest in india
Of course Lucknow = 29 lakh population has 4 to 8 Billion USD (it is 44,000 cr actually). Patna with 24 (est.2021) Lakh population has 140000 cr GDP. And i am a fool...:rofl:The Truth is only God knows actual GDP of this cities.

btw if my high school maths is correct....140000 gdp in rs/ 24 lakh population is 5.8 lakh per person. Bhai Ur PaTnA GDP per capita is more than Delhi NCR @ 4 lakh per person. And 5x the national average...:clap2:

best of luck with your figures.......

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Of course Lucknow = 29 lakh population has 4 to 8 Billion USD (it is 44,000 cr actually). Patna with 24 (est.2021) Lakh population has 140000 cr GDP. And i am a fool...:rofl:The Truth is only God knows actual GDP of this cities.

btw if my high school maths is correct....140000 gdp in rs/ 24 lakh population is 5.8 lakh per person. Bhai Ur PaTnA GDP per capita is more than Delhi NCR @ 4 lakh per person. And 5x the national average...:clap2:

best of luck with your figures.......
These are not my figures
Read this 👇

Crazywithmath

Country flag

Seems plausible to me. National average will probably be somewhere between 12-15% (nominal) after covid induced low base effects are over.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles