Indian Economy: News and Discussion

sauntheninja

Country flag
Well planned for the PM's birthday.

India vaccinates 2cr+ on 17th Sep.

The figure now stand at 2.20 cr with a few hours to go. Total vaccinations will cross 79 crores today. Slipper shot to those who thought India will not be able to achieve these numbers.

I hope these numbers help us in avoiding a third way.
Only 20% of india is fully vaccinated yet

Abdus Salem killed

Well planned for the PM's birthday.

India vaccinates 2cr+ on 17th Sep.

The figure now stand at 2.20 cr with a few hours to go. Total vaccinations will cross 79 crores today. Slipper shot to those who thought India will not be able to achieve these numbers.

I hope these numbers help us in avoiding a third way.
Thier will be a very short third wave Thier are estimated for a month or 1.5 month with 500 deaths in peak very less compared to before then it will go away

Even then I can be wrong it was supposed to come in September

Rxbanda

Country flag
Only 20% of india is fully vaccinated yet
Is it mandatory to see everything with a negative lens?
As I wrote previously, for vaccinations see percentages, and for incidence and deaths go for absolute figures. Coz that bests suits the agenda.

Data suggests that a single dose of vaccination is effective to prevent 96.6% of COVID deaths.

Knowitall

The news about 12 bullet train lines. Have they been finalized or are they still under consideration.

Crazywithmath

Country flag

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
and by shadow banking i was mostly referring to the cooperative banking system that saw a huge churn recently thanks to the PMC episode. besides, my feeling is that kirana stores are basically the business of those who cant get a job but dont have access to enughcapital for a business either...which is a common case in Bengal and more so in kolkata ! they are used for sustainence of the family, and not really a business most wud want to expand. IMO
Shadow banking is the practice of loaning money to businesses in informal manner, by indiviual persons rather than banks. All trading communities have a social setup of loaning money on interest to people in need. Its not related to cooperative banks.

sauntheninja

Country flag
Land acquisition will start soon for two more HSR lines.

one good news for Mumbai-Ahmadabad line is that the remaining villages in Maha has now agreed to give up their land.
It will still miss the 2023 deadline though that means costs overrun

another_armchair

Country flag

Petrol and Diesel
The GST Council took no final decision on the proposal to bring petrol under GST. Sitharaman categorically said this was not right time to do so and mentioned the matter was brought before the Council due to the Kerala HC order.

The GST Council will go back to the Court with its rationale.

Garam kar ke thanda kar diye...

Hari Sud

Country flag
Just to get your attention and draw from your knowledge…….

How many PLI schemes have been unleashed by the government in last one year. What do you think will be the impact on economy, unemployment, exports and many other things with these PLI schemes.

If you have kept a tab on all these, please do let us know …… Thank you.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Is it mandatory to see everything with a negative lens?
As I wrote previously, for vaccinations see percentages, and for incidence and deaths go for absolute figures. Coz that bests suits the agenda.

Data suggests that a single dose of vaccination is effective to prevent 96.6% of COVID deaths.
Correct, and signle dose is given to 60% of Adult population.
Taking Total population is wrong parameter to start with.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles