Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
in Delhi you can even pretend to have money and get away with it.:daru:
Ya'll Nibbiars Agar Aap yeh kar sakte to Aap aaj Tata Ambani Hote. Kya ek chatto se company ke chakar mein pade hue hai. Ek bade company bethao aur hum sab DFI walo ko Naukti par rakho.
:hehe:

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Serious threat to our automobile industry
GOI should never allow
If it does it's like apne hi kundali me rahu ko bitha diya
Does it really matter if American owners are replaced by Chinese. That factory employs thousands and the supply chain tens of thousands. Its good that MG is planning to take it. Its much better than shutting it down.

Abdus Salem killed

Does it really matter if American owners are replaced by Chinese. That factory employs thousands and the supply chain tens of thousands. Its good that MG is planning to take it. Its much better than shutting it down.
No who knows what the Chinese will put in our car spying devices and more foothold of china in india

another_armchair

Country flag
For high end research works this is indeed the case. I talked about one of my friends from ISI Bang who wanted to do domething unique in robotics. But she could not get necessary funding. One certain US uni was doing something similar and they gladly accepted her. My one other friend joined IIM Jodhpur but did not like the work atmosphere there. He resigned and went back to the US. That guy is currently involved with a Bangalire based startup.

Look if one is looking to do theoretical research works or works that require less funding; he/she is good to go. However, if the work requires massive funding then it is a different game. The top Indian unis do not match their US counterparts and the complexity/corruption is rampant (You will be surprised to know about the shithousery I witnessed at IISc, supposedly the best STEM institute in India).
I had a short stint of three years with IISc, some private and Govt. partners from '09 - '012.

I know the 'shithousery' that you speak of and a lot more.

That Y md'chod and other jokers sat on proposals for two long years. It would cost nothing to just give the go ahead but no.

BC there would be review meetings on Fridays to discuss 'progress'. Pencho free ka tomato rice aur coffee milta tha.

Frustrated, we would head straight to Peco's from there and drown ourselves in beer.

another_armchair

Country flag
Out of the amount of Rs. 5,01,479 lakh crore recovered by banks during last 6 years, Rs. 99,996 crore comprises amount recovered from written off assets: Finance Minister @nsitharaman while addressing the media

That's nearly 20% recovery of bad debts written off.

Is there a repository for defaulters and the respective amount due from them?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
That's nearly 20% recovery of bad debts written off.

Is there a repository for defaulters and the respective amount due from them?
what was the original amount of written off assets?

no idea on the list, I am assuming they will be with respective banks or bank consortiums.

another_armchair

Country flag
Loss of 4000 direct jobs and several thousand indirect ones due to closure of Ford India will pale away in front of job losses arising out of our transition to EV.

Some learned members who are from the auto sector and component manufacturing may like to shed some light on it.

Tesla's Gigapress appears to be a massive game changer. A member had shared the video in an older post.

Wonder how Suzuki or Hyundai will manage if Tesla decides to launch a 250 km/charge hatchback for urban commuting.

Worse still, if they use the same scale for manufacturing two wheelers? They are disrupters and cannot be taken lightly.

SKC

Country flag
Loss of 4000 direct jobs and several thousand indirect ones due to closure of Ford India will pale away in front of job losses arising out of our transition to EV.

Some learned members who are from the auto sector and component manufacturing may like to shed some light on it.

Tesla's Gigapress appears to be a massive game changer. A member had shared the video in an older post.

Wonder how Suzuki or Hyundai will manage if Tesla decides to launch a 250 km/charge hatchback for urban commuting.

Worse still, if they use the same scale for manufacturing two wheelers? They are disrupters and cannot be taken lightly.
One company CAN NOT rule the whole automotive market around the world.
With time all companies will make similar specs EV cars and charging tech.

Most of the Patents of Tesla are open source. Study and build your own network.

SKC

Country flag
Chinese owners are simple rebadging the chinese cars as MG cars.
They are undercutting the competition by lowering the cost of their cars. They can manage this as they have loads of money in mainland china.

In this way they can drive all option out of market. They are enough Idiots Indians who will flock to MG if they price their cars below other rivals.

sauntheninja

Country flag

Isn't Tesla's factories full of automation though

another_armchair

Country flag
One company CAN NOT rule the whole automotive market around the world.
With time all companies will make similar specs EV cars and charging tech.

Most of the Patents of Tesla are open source. Study and build your own network.
It is not a question of ruling alone.

Don't electric cars have fewer moving components compared to standard fossil fuel driven cars?

I was not stressing on Tesla killing the rest. I was stressing on EV's disrupting the humble IC engine driven supply chain.

I have a very basic question.

I have a Nexon EV and a Nexon Diesel service center.

How many distinct spares for the Nexon EV and how many distinct spares for the Nexon Diesel?

With Tesla's GigaPress, there will be fewer welds, joints, other moving components. Of course, others will jump in and Tesla isn't the only one with deep pockets. Am just saying what will all this automation do to traditional automotive suppliers who were already hit hard with GST.

HitmanBlood

Country flag

Tesla just like many other western companies are into high margin business. Even in US they are not even in top 10 volume sellers. So for Tesla going after low margin volume sellers in India like Suzuki or Hyundai is highly unlikely.

Also EV isn't that complicated tech. Almost all car brands have their own EVs or they are developing one. So its them who can shutdown Tesla's business not the other way around.

Lastly EVs at this point in time are nothing but short distance city commuters. ICE is still king of highways. Also more than half of the cost of an EV is its battery pack. Over the time the batteries can and will go bad. Specially in harsh climate like India. In that case the customer has to replace entire battery pack witch is almost as expensive as an entire car. Price sensitive middle class Indians will definitely not prefer something like that.

Tesla sales in west mostly because of its gimmicky features and status of being cool. So in india I can see rich people going for Tesla instead of a Audi or Mercedes. It can disrupt that market but since this market is small in India it won't have much concecqunces.

Global Defence

Articles