Indian Economy: News and Discussion

gslv markIII

Country flag
@gslv markIII I have discovered many more hidden gems regarding their economic data will post later in the BD economy thread.
They had zero credibility anyway, and they could get away with anything as no one used to give a damn about them. But all this ''Asian Tiger'' cacophony may lead to analysts taking a closer look which in turn may lead to many skeletons tumbling out of the closet.

Looking forward to the B-BS forgery expose.

sauntheninja

Country flag
I found this interesting video about why colder regions are more prosperous than the hotter regions there are many reasons behind this but today when the technology has improved and we have solar panels to convert heat into electricity hotter regions can industrialize and build themselves using this solar power
Most of these videos come across as racist colder countries are richer because the colonized countries that were hotter see africa and asian countries

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Most of these videos come across as racist colder countries are richer because the colonized countries that were hotter see africa and asian countries
If that video had any logic, colder countries should have been richer since start, not just from 17th century onwards when era of industrialisation began.
Isn't this the same situation where for peons vacancies even engineers applied
Government job is the tag line. Any kind of government job.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If that video had any logic, colder countries should have been richer since start, not just from 17th century onwards when era of industrialisation began.

I think hotter countries will benifit because of the introduction of technology to tap the solar energy

devx101

Country flag
This Vietnam /Bangladesh Textile Bubble will break soon. Bangladeshi's are thinking they have achieved big by getting past India in per capita income. They shouldn't forget depending on one sector alone is suicidal.

Let Modi come with PLI scheme for Textile in full blow. 30 Billion dollar Bdesh exports will vanish if India puts its full might. We are starting with 1.5 Billion $. Vietnam will be the next causality.

devx101

Country flag
Well there is Logic behind it. Pre 17th century it was largely agrarian. After that it was Industry and Innovation. Colder climate helps in that. Not extreme cold though. Europe/ USA have been lucky because of it. Yes advent of Air Conditioners has changed things a lot but still hot is hot.

I mean just think Newton in sweltering Delhi Summer at 45 degree thinking of Apples. He would rather think of Water to survive.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Gov Job is associated With job stability and prestige. Many youth don't even consider private job as a legit job.
Many time I've had this conversation with my peers from BIMARU, question was always "job kaha he" when I made them count all the new jobs in private sector they simply resorted to "Private job koi job nahi hoti, hum sirf gov job hi karenge".

People want an easy life even if it costs the country dearly or even if the system cant't sustain it

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
This Vietnam /Bangladesh Textile Bubble will break soon. Bangladeshi's are thinking they have achieved big by getting past India in per capita income. They shouldn't forget depending on one sector alone is suicidal.

Let Modi come with PLI scheme for Textile in full blow. 30 Billion dollar Bdesh exports will vanish if India puts its full might. We are starting with 1.5 Billion $. Vietnam will be the next causality.
We are mere 1 billion behind in export and we hold huge portion of manufacturing already second behind china only

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Gov Job is associated With job stability and prestige. Many youth don't even consider private job as a legit job.
Many time I've had this conversation with my peers from BIMARU, question was always "job kaha he" when I made them count all the new jobs in private sector they simply resorted to "Private job koi job nahi hoti, hum sirf gov job hi karenge".

People want an easy life even if it costs the country dearly or even if the system cant't sustain it
Then they gonna sleep hungry ,get their ass whooped by their family and join a private company and learn it hard way

Crazywithmath

Country flag
800 times jump in Bihar’s agricultural produce exports in last 15 years
Rs 3 crore in 2015 to Rs 2617 crore in 2021
@IndianYonko
Indirect result of agri liberalisation?

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Isn't this the same situation where for peons vacancies even engineers applied
Bengal has some of the best STEM institutes of India and all of the grads leave the state in search of better opportunities (myself being one). It has been like this for decades now. Kolkata might be a good option post retirement (coz it's cheap) but for people who want jobs or are a bit ambitious the state has almost nothing to deliver. As much as I hate to say it ; this is indeed the truth.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles