Indian Economy: News and Discussion

IndianYonko

Country flag
Hmm. Data presentation is extremely political in nature at least in India. For example, I don't want to make my post political but there is a certain state government on the east who manipulated employment and GSDP data on such an epic scale that it was looking almost as good as the industrially developed states in the west. Finally, the union government stepped in and there was subsequent revision. There was a lot of political tensions regarding the issue, lol. Pretty much every state government manipulates some amount of data to some degree but what happened there was epic even by that proportion. 😂
You can ignore if its WB otherwise Im curious to know the name of state and entire fiasco around it.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Hmm. Data presentation is extremely political in nature at least in India. For example, I don't want to make my post political but there is a certain state government on the east who manipulated employment and GSDP data on such an epic scale that it was looking almost as good as the industrially developed states in the west. Finally, the union government stepped in and there was subsequent revision. There was a lot of political tensions regarding the issue, lol. Pretty much every state government manipulates some amount of data to some degree but what happened there was epic even by that proportion. 😂
are you tallking about uttar pradesh ?

Knowitall

It would be nice if you could provide the source and data for it.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
UP is in east? I guess not because there are two other states Bihar and WB, lying east of UP
UP was in news for overtaking Tamil Nadu and gujrat becoming the 2nd largest economy next only to maharashtra unemployment was also reported to be one of the lowest but i dont know whether the GSDP figures have been revised or not but i am sure he is talking about UP

Last edited:

Crazywithmath

Country flag
You can ignore if its WB otherwise Im curious to know the name of state and entire fiasco around it.
It is West Bengal. (Gosh! My state has such bad reputation, lol). It was all over the news in the regional media. WB gov counted the total amount committed through MOUs as greenfield investment. Fudged employment data by inflating MGNREGA numbers and even took credit for it. They were even patting themselves in the back by saying their GSDP growth was way higher than the national average and political hue and cry came up after the union government pointed otherwise. It is all in the internet. Even the wikipedia footnotes had links to that on the list of Indian states by GSDP page iirc.

IndianYonko

Country flag
UP was in news for overtaking Tamil Nadu and gujrat becoming the 2nd largest economy next only to maharashtra unemployment was also reported to be one of the lowest but i dont know whether the GSDP figures have been revised or not but i am sure he is talking about UP
You ignoring underlined part. @Chandragupt Maurya

Anyway ans is out.🤣🤣

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It is West Bengal. (Gosh! My state has such bad reputation, lol). It was all over the news in the regional media. WB gov counted the total amount committed through MOUs as greenfield investment. Fudged employment data by inflating MGNREGA numbers and even took credit for it. They were even patting themselves in the back by saying their GSDP growth was way higher than the national average and political hue and cry came up after the union government pointed otherwise. It is all in the internet. Even the wikipedia footnotes had links to that on the list of Indian states by GSDP page iirc.
yeah i remeber west bengal suddenly started growing at the rate of more than 14%

IndianYonko

Country flag
Developed/Developing WB would have had really good imapct on Eastern Indian states like Bihar, Jharkhand, en UP east but sadly thats not the case.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Developed/Developing WB would have had really good imapct on Eastern Indian states like Bihar, Jharkhand, en UP east but sadly thats not the case.
only if kolkata and patna get well connected with each other and the entire eastern region like mumbai and ahmedabad in western region or bengaluru chennai in southern region a lot can happen both these two biggest cities in Eastern india should be declared special economic zones with their own system of governance or governed by centre directly

Last edited:

Crazywithmath

Country flag
only if kolkata and patna get well connected with each other and the entire eastern region like mumbai and ahmedabad in western region a lot can happen both these two biggest cities in Eastern india should be declared special economic zones with their own system of governance or governed by centre directly
Special Economic Zones? :bplease:
This is something that happens in the rest of the country. The last time Bengal heard something like this is when the then CM of the then ruling left front government went against his party line to establish an SEZ at Nandigram. A lot of multinational conglomerates (including an Indonesian multinational) were about to commit billions in it and that is when a mad lady started doing some drama opposing land acquisition. Now all over India such protests are quietly dealt with by involving local political leadership. Even in the recent farm law protests I heard the ruling BJP governments are slowly killing the protests by involving local leaders. This is the norm in Bengal as well. However, since the CM himself went against the party line to promote CaPitaLISm the party leadership did not help either and the Singur and Nandigram protests marked the end of the left rule. CM Budhdhadeb Bhattacharya despite belonging to the left front coalition became extremely open to industry led development towards the later half and payed its price dearly. Now if we talk about the current CM then LOL. All she says is no need to acquire land. Directly buy it. Or else take land from the land bank ( the truth is the land bank in WB does not have big chunks of lands only very small chunks are there). She even told the AAI to directly buy land for Bagdogra airport expansion project to which AAI replied that never did they buy land in their entire history; that is not their job. :rofl:
The IT giants requested for an SEZ in the Newtown - Rajarhat area to scale up their operations to which the CM , as expected, denied. There were talks of a greenfield international airport in Kalyani and adjoining industrial belt which was again dropped because the CM refused to acquire land. Today she claims credit for eastern dedicated freight corridor. Do you know why? Because apparently despite so much hardship she provided with LaNd. :playball:

IndianYonko

Country flag
Special Economic Zones? :bplease:
This is something that happens in the rest of the country. The last time Bengal heard something like this is when the then CM of the then ruling left front government went against his party line to establish an SEZ at Nandigram. A lot of multinational conglomerates (including an Indonesian multinational) were about to commit billions in it and that is when a mad lady started doing some drama opposing land acquisition. Now all over India such protests are quietly dealt with by involving local political leadership. Even in the recent farm law protests I heard the ruling BJP governments are slowly killing the protests by involving local leaders. This is the norm in Bengal as well. However, since the CM himself went against the party line to promote CaPitaLISm the party leadership did not help either and the Singur and Nandigram protests marked the end of the left rule. CM Budhdhadeb Bhattacharya despite belonging to the left front coalition became extremely open to industry led development towards the later half and payed its price dearly. Now if we talk about the current CM then LOL. All she says is no need to acquire land. Directly buy it. Or else take land from the land bank ( the truth is the land bank in WB does not have big chunks of lands only very small chunks are there). She even told the AAI to directly buy land for Bagdogra airport expansion project to which AAI replied that never did they buy land in their entireanshistory; that is not their job. :rofl:
The IT giants requested for an SEZ in the Newtown - Rajarhat area to scale up their operations to which the CM , as expected, denied. There were talks of a greenfield international airport in Kalyani and adjoining industrial belt which was again dropped because the CM refused to acquire land. Today she claims credit for eastern dedicated freight corridor. Do you know why? Because apparently despite so much hardship she provided with LaNd. :playball:
And she won....:playball::playball:
:playball:

Crazywithmath

Country flag
And she won....:playball::playball:
:playball:
Can't be helped. BJP are a new lot here. In my constituency to the north of Kolkata they could not even provide voting slips. Mind it, this is Kolkata we are talking about. They are even weaker outside Kolkata. Apart from that giving tickets to turncoats who had serious corruption allegations and therefore severe anti-incumbency against did not help either. They lacked local face to counter the incumbent CM. Mind it, BJP and Modi are just as much popular as TMC and didi. However, it is state election I am talking about; Modi factor does not matter here. In north Bengal, Bankura and Jangalmahal regions where they already had some organisation the BJP literally wiped out TMC. Look, Bengal only votes for strong parties. Economy, infra be damned! Consolidation of Musl!m votes did not help either. And despite all these they more or less retained their vote share of 2019 LS. Anyways, am probably derailing the thread so I will stop here for now. Bengal needs at least two successive terms from an economically right wing party. Bengal voted a left leaning party out only to elect an ultra left leaning party instead.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
See I agreed with dhruv’s video when he talked facts and rest I ignored as propaganda, but we need to catch up, people here laugh saying we should not focus on textiles but on technologies and other big sh!t. I think why not both? Why can’t we employ rural Indians into textile business?
A 15 minute YouTube can't tell u no fact no shit.
Fuck this YouTube generation

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Sail producing better tracks than Europe for railways. Laying the groundwork for faster railway.
Well this is not enough ,and can never be ,this broad gauge costs us heavily due to higher axle load ,to run trains at 200 kmph we need quality of 250 kmph standard guage at least , that's why for atleast we need aluminum body coach .

Once we develop aluminum body ,stop production of lhb too .

Europe runs train on 43 kg/m at sleed of 250 kmph ,but we need 60 kg/m to achieve the same , this broad guage increase our expenditure too much

IndianHawk

Country flag
Well this is not enough ,and can never be ,this broad gauge costs us heavily due to higher axle load ,to run trains at 200 kmph we need quality of 250 kmph standard guage at least , that's why for atleast we need aluminum body coach .

Once we develop aluminum body ,stop production of lhb too .

Europe runs train on 43 kg/m at sleed of 250 kmph ,but we need 60 kg/m to achieve the same , this broad guage increase our expenditure too much
Most of our tracks are already broad gauge converting all to standard gauge is not feasible.

We need to utilise advantages of broad gauge to maximum .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles