Indian Economy: News and Discussion

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
@sauntheninja @Bhumihar @FalconSlayers etc whoever is blindly believing that CMIE's data that:-
Indians employed in manufacturing in 2016-17 were 57 Million
Indians employed in manufacturing in 2017-2020 were ~40 Million
Indians employed in manufacturing in 2020-21 were 27.3 Million

Here is the Manufacturing PMI data for India:-
https://tradingeconomics.com/india/manufacturing-pmi
Its consistently above 50 (barring two minor dips pre-Covid and one major dip due to Covid). Can anyone care to tell me how PMI manages to stay above 50 and yet the number of Indians employed in manufacturing drops by 17 Million pre-Covid?
And look at the PMI since September last year. Consistently above 55. Clear signs of recovery post-Covid.
Janaab PLI?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Manufacturing is already going to Vietnam, and Laptop, Servers and all overwhelmingly made in China currently, if this PLI was successful it would atleast stop fully assembled and boxed laptops and servers from being imported here, with local assembly happening and possibility of components being sourced from local companies.
But for that they would have to deal with that ITA-1 clusterfuck first which prevents duties on these items.
They are trying a workaround where supposedly they are holding up imports of boxed laptops because their made in china WiFi modules are not certified by an Indian authority, ofc this is a "gentle nudge" to get them to start assembly lines here.
They halved their production target, now I don’t want to hear anything else. यह बस जुमलों की सरकार है।

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
who halved their production target? Govt or companies?
I think this scheme was rushed up , and most probably we may see some policy changes and re floating of tender .

@ezsasa if you have knowledge , could you please elaborate ,that their are few companies in noida doing wifi router and some server hardware manufacturing , shouldn't we grow them exponentially , and divide this pli in parts so that where we have a company it can grow too , where no indian company existent then foreign one can do it .

shade

Country flag
I think this scheme was rushed up , and most probably we may see some policy changes and re floating of tender .

@ezsasa if you have knowledge , could you please elaborate ,that their are few companies in noida doing wifi router and some server hardware manufacturing , shouldn't we grow them exponentially , and divide this pli in parts so that where we have a company it can grow too , where no indian company existent then foreign one can do it .
In Verna, Goa there exists a company called Digisol/Smartlink solutions that makes routers, switches etc.
Marketing and distribution is total ass tier, but their routers just werk.
This company also rents out it's plants as an ESDM contractor to make other companies products.
It has applied for the Routers/Telecoms equipment PLI scheme.

btw our market is flooded with TP-Link chink shit in the consumer routers segment atleast.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
In Verna, Goa there exists a company called Digisol/Smartlink solutions that makes routers, switches etc.
Marketing and distribution is total ass tier, but their routers just werk.
This company also rents out it's plants as an ESDM contractor to make other companies products.
It has applied for the Routers/Telecoms equipment PLI scheme.

btw our market is flooded with TP-Link chink shit in the consumer routers segment atleast.
That's why, it should be taken care than no chonky get through pli

shade

Country flag
That's why, it should be taken care than no chonky get through pli
Chings not allowed in PLI at all, they just don't apply because they know they won't be allowed.
And in the electronics PLI atleast, you have the 4-5 Taiwanese ODM/OEMs like foxconn everytime, and a metric ton of domestic companies like 10-15 atleast, I hope the scheme benefits domestic companies.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Chings not allowed in PLI at all, they just don't apply because they know they won't be allowed.
And in the electronics PLI atleast, you have the 4-5 Taiwanese ODM/OEMs like foxconn everytime, and a metric ton of domestic companies like 10-15 atleast, I hope the scheme benefits domestic companies.
Dick son or Dixon is really being benefitted by it , dudes just went from small to Big boi now .

They are expanding into whilte goods , contract manufacturing and what not

shade

Country flag
Dick son or Dixon is really being benefitted by it , dudes just went from small to Big boi now .

They are expanding into whilte goods , contract manufacturing and what not
Yes, stock shot up big time, now last I heard he was putting 600 cr in some new facility in Tirupati or some place.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Sarkar, the article was the only one i could find about the topic when i posted it, and the article itself said according to sources so who really knows.
On MEITY website there is nothing mentioned about this.
I read an article a week ago which said that major companies have asked the Goi to push the deadline for production, hence 5 year production target may have been reduced.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

This gives a good over view of the scheme.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Companies want but they want deadline extension as the incentives are low.
So that's a negotiation, which will happen between GoI and companies.
so how does this justify this hyperbole ?

I am telling you Modi and BJP were the biggest snakes, these snakes are just removing their skin in 2021.
now all the manufacturing will go to ASEAN and their GDPs will grow not ours.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles