Indian Automotive Sector

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars when the first indica was launched in the same year as the santro. It was not a runaway success like the Hyundai. And faced quality problems, engine problems, delayed deliveries and canceled orders. And until the V2 came with the a high budget for advertisement and marketing. But the delays in launching of the Vista again aged the basic first generation even more and unable to keep up with the technology made a bad Image for the Tata motors.
View attachment 85463View attachment 85464
View attachment 85466View attachment 85465
The Indica Vista took market with storm. It was all over India.
Two more cars i Loved from Tata motors of the time are: Indigo Marina and Indigo Manza.
Manza was one of the most beautiful sedan of its time.

SKC

Country flag
Tata has come a long way since than. Tata entered into a different league since the launch of Tiago. Before Tiago, Tata's car were bellow par. From Tiago onward, it is at the par with the best. The only area where Tata legs behind a bit is petrol engine. They will catch up in that as well. Tata's sale in Feb 21 increased over 100% on yoy badis. This is the testimony of improving quality of Tata vehicles. They are dimply unmatched in build quality and safety.
All credit goes to the new CEO change in 2016: Guenter Butschek. He literally led the change of image of Tata motors from poor cars to safest cars in India.
Sad he has asked for retirement now and will be leaving Tata motors by end of this year or till new CEO is selected.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars the cost of spare parts for Maruti and Tata is lowest, even Honda spare parts cost less but Hyundai prices for the spare parts are sky Rocketing. Even jeep spare parts cost less than the Hyundai. What is happening to the HMIL?. Are they just trying to capitalize their 2 nd lead in the market by looting consumer?. Hyundai is taking customer for a ride.
Hyundai cars themselves are over priced right now. They are selling Santro, i10 and i20 all at such high price compared to other market players that sales is moving to Creta and Venue now.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars with the launch of the hbx Tata will close the gap between the Hyundai and one more launch will help it to regain the no 2 spot.
Tata needs atleast 1 car in every 1-2 lakh price difference bucket:
1. 3-4 lac,
2. 4-5 lac,
3. 5-6 lac
4. 6-8 lac
5. 8-10 lac
6. 10-12
7. 12-15
so on

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars there was another company Daewoo which tried to make high quality cars in India but that increase in price shut it doors and even the vehicle like matiz which was not only affordable but also modern was not able to save it from it's faith.
There are different reasons for its failure. Its demise in India is taught in all B-schools of India.

IndianSpiderman

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I tested all the cars in that range.

1. The Santro is just a worst vehicle currently just a Medicare performance.

2 . The I 10 Nios is good but lacks when compared to the competitor's.

3 . The Wagnr is still good and spacious but the service network waiting is just.

4 . Swift is good in mechanical aspect and nothing is smooth as the swift but lacks in the safety and service time is just to much.

5 . Tigao you can say reset than me.
Bought a Tiago recently after having test driven all comparable offerings. My experience has been satisfactory after having driven it for 700+ kms. My other choice was Ignis, but that car has a steering return issue. No other offering in the segment can beat the Tiago in high speed stability and safety.

SKC

Country flag
I20's upper varients and all after them are pretty good. Venue's non turbo petrol is shit. I know a guy who with his family went to a hillstation in his venue. It struggled moving uphill. The turbo kicks @2000 rpm. Lol if it kicked at 100km, no one would buy it. There also another tactic used by these companies on us consumers. Venue's top model is SXO. But it doesn't come in automatic nor does it have those full bluelink features of remote start. But one notch below, there's SX+. It has that DCT automatic gearbox which heats in traffic. U only get those full features in that model only. But u wouldn't get 6 airbags which u would get in SXO. What a cheap ass tactic for selling ur DCT.
The i20 top model doesn't makes any sense at above 11 lac on road price. Its just plain stupid thing to do.
You get so many better cars at above 10 lac range.
Get top model Tiago or some Nexon variant for below 10 lac.

By the way Why this Lord Ricardo Milos GIF as profile pic? o_O

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Bought a Tiago recently after having test driven all comparable offerings. My experience has been satisfactory after having driven it for 700+ kms. My other choice was Ignis, but that car has a steering return issue. No other offering in the segment can beat the Tiago in high speed stability and safety.
Ya'll Nibbiars Suzuki has great range but lacks from safety and service is but tiredness. And no one can beat the Toyota service whenever we're going to the Toyota service centre they would to offer us buffet coupons. Not even Honda, Hyundai, Suzuki or any other foreign brands offer this kinds of services.

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
The i20 top model doesn't makes any sense at above 11 lac on road price. Its just plain stupid thing to do.
You get so many better cars at above 10 lac range.
Get top model Tiago or some Nexon variant for below 10 lac.

By the way Why this Lord Ricardo Milos GIF as profile pic? o_O
I hate that SUV wanna be I20 Active. Like u add some roof rail and it becomes SUV?
Venue,XUV 300 and the new Nexon are best in their segment.

I have now removed Lord Ricardo coz Meri Bakri Mera Abhiman:troll:

• Haha
Reactions: SKC

SKC

Country flag
Does anyone here know how to play video using Android auto?
Pls help.
You would need third party apps on your phone to do that.
Check Youtube, you will get plenty of videos explaining this.

Youtube app currently can share videos directly to your car info system directly. Check once.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Do anyone know why tata is not using big display like mg

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Its a showoff and makes ur car expensive.
Also just like sunroof, u might buy the car for it, but after sometime u won't do anything on it other than switch songs.
Yeah but if we can plug and play movies on it , what's better than that , also not like mg where lenght is more , but the present setup in tata cars should be enlarged , that's it .

Except thst their cars are awesome ,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles