Indian Economy: News and Discussion

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
Thanks, never looked at this from this petroleum products exports angle..
Just checked, India exported 42 billion $ worth of petroleum products in 19-20, and 47 billion $ exports in 2018-19.

View attachment 83542View attachment 83543

Geopolitically speaking India is competing head on with US and China in oil producing countries like Nigeria, Venezuela, Iran, UAE, Saudi with one eight and one fifth of economy respectively due to huge import and export of oil and Petroleum.

jadoogar

Country flag
Do watch this video.

Several important takeaways.

This is really catching on with large institutions.

Awesome. During the Prime Ministership of Smt Indira Gandhi and also later there were campaigns to set up biogas plants (they were called Gobar Gas plants) in All villages across the country - and many were set up. The system failed - reasons that I can think of
(1) community / sarkari ownership - hence lack of maintenance
(2) corruption starting from BDO and going up to Neta - so perhaps many were not built or built poorly
(3) From (1) above - therefore lack of feed into the plant
(4) Needed a community based business model for collection of gobar and other bio feed and sale of bio gas, fertilizer

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
All their opponents inside BJP and in oppositions have tested the bitter test of Modi -shah's hybrid political warfare. Congress almost dead, SP Marginalized so as BSP. Kejari- Mamta and Uddhave are in pipeline. Within 2 to 3 years from now, Kejari- Mamta and Uddhave will in such a pathetic position that People will stop noticing them in couple years of time from now.
Udhhav is nothing. He's already a minion who managed to get with the help of NCP and INC. Shiv Sena has lost support base. Mamata's future could be a bit longer if she wins this election. She's too destined to fade. But Kejriwal is here to stay for a while.
AAP is the new pan India face of left after fall of Congress and is being backed by corridors of India's and foreign left circles.
There is a big army of nationalist working in Social Media. They are more than capable to deal with Commies, anti nationals, Islamist, Librandu gangs and their mal propaganda.
RSS foresaw this much earlier and built a big army of Social media warrior who are doing a great job in perception building.
Nationalist folks are nothing in numbers against SM left.
SM left are mostly pay agents to push agenda and only tweet that kind of stuff meanwhile nationalists are common folks without that much of time and interests in such matters.

Rxbanda

Country flag

Looking for forum members' opinion on this. Why is the central govt. privatizing this PSU?
Just to clarify, the above video is in English.

Below is the profit/loss of Vizag stell plant since inception. From 2002-2015, it was in profits. In last 5 years, it reported losses in 4 years. This year back to profits.
Does this deserve to be called as sick PSU and privatized?
1617329253754.png

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
This seems very exciting. Can you please give some references. I am very much interested. Here in Surat, I have some stables near my house where they keep about 200 cattle. I can go and ask them to implement it.

What you say is perfectly correct. We always think big for solutions. We should work out mini and micro solutions. We have highest cattle in the world. Our fertilizer and energy need should by and large be satisfied with these assets what we have. Waste management, tapping natural energy, bio waste energy are the areas we need to focus. Once Nitin Gadkari said that we can do a business of 5 lakh crore from waste. We can reduce pollution and simultaneously save money and natural resources.
There are about four technology providers approved by Min of Petroleum and N Gas under SATAT scheme under which Govt subsidy can be availed for setting up BIOCNG plants.
Two of them are Praj Industries and Ceid consultants. Both are doing numerous projects across India and in Gujarat too. They will help you in securing loans, preparing DPR etc.
Btw Yogi is building a state of the art BioCnG plant in gorakhpur which will utilize sugarcane waste for producing CNG. The project is worth 150 Cr.

https://www.ceidconsultants.com/
https://praj.net/business-lines/bio-energy/co-product-recovery-systems/attachment/biogas-co2/

Roshan

Country flag
Modi government cuts nuclear power capacity addition target to one

Modi government cuts nuclear power capacity addition target to one-third
By: Pragya Srivastava|
Updated: Apr 05, 2018 7:35 PM
The Narendra Modi government, which had set the ambitious 63,000 MW nuclear power capacity addition target by the year 2031-32, has cut it down to 22,480 MW, a Lok Sabha answer has revealed.

The Narendra Modi government, which had set the ambitious 63,000 MW nuclear power capacity addition target by the year 2031-32, has cut it down to 22,480 MW, a Lok Sabha answer has revealed. “With the completion of the under construction and sanctioned projects, the total nuclear power installed capacity in the country will reach 22480 MW… by the year 2031,” Jitendra Singh, MoS, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) said.

The DAE had set for itself an ambitious target of reaching an installed generation capacity of 63,000 MW by the year 2031-32, according to a press statement released by PIB on April 25, 2015. The DAE had then also said that the target of the tripling of the capacity of 47,80 MW by 2024 is expected to be met, largely on progressive completion of projects under construction and the projects accorded financial sanction.

In a reply to a question asked in the Lok Sabha, the MoS stated that the “progressive completion of the projects under construction, the installed nuclear power capacity will reach 13480 MW by the year 2024”, which will be a little less than 14,340 MW target.

Jitendra Singh also added that on completion of the nuclear power projects planned to be set up at the ‘In-Principle’ approved greenfield sites, a nuclear power capacity of about 31,948 MW will be added progressively. He said that Jaitapur (Maharashtra), Kovvada (Andhra Pradesh), Bhimpur (Madhya Pradesh), Chhaya Mithi Virdi (Gujarat), Haripur (West Bengal) have been given and pre-project activities in these sites are at various stages.

it is 3 yrs old but any idea why this target was reduced and what the present status is of our national electrification targets?

good talk as it usually is with sanjeev sanyal. he says at the end that the 1.9 trillion being pumped into the global financial system is what is propping up all the commodity prices and stock market bull run but that rbi hooverng up these dollars as forex is to give us liquidity in difficult times like covid while also providing us some leeway with credit rating agencies because we are now a net creditor country. The real value of the rupee is around 60 to the dollar and factoring in inflation has actually slightly appreciated this past year. Those of whom are more well versed in this matter may offer their tuppence.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
There are about four technology providers approved by Min of Petroleum and N Gas under SATAT scheme under which Govt subsidy can be availed for setting up BIOCNG plants.
Two of them are Praj Industries and Ceid consultants. Both are doing numerous projects across India and in Gujarat too. They will help you in securing loans, preparing DPR etc.
Btw Yogi is building a state of the art BioCnG plant in gorakhpur which will utilize sugarcane waste for producing CNG. The project is worth 150 Cr.

https://www.ceidconsultants.com/
https://praj.net/business-lines/bio-energy/co-product-recovery-systems/attachment/biogas-co2/

Thank you Very much.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Udhhav is nothing. He's already a minion who managed to get with the help of NCP and INC. Shiv Sena has lost support base. Mamata's future could be a bit longer if she wins this election. She's too destined to fade. But Kejriwal is here to stay for a while.
AAP is the new pan India face of left after fall of Congress and is being backed by corridors of India's and foreign left circles.

SM left are mostly pay agents to push agenda and only tweet that kind of stuff meanwhile nationalists are common folks without that much of time and interests in such matters.
It would have been good for democracy had congress stayed instead of Kejju becoming stronger. The vacuum created by congress is filled by a party worse than congress. This is very unfortunate part.

Nationalist are growing in Numbers and there are many nationalist on youtube. I do not know about twitter and facebook but one thing is sure. The numbers are rising rapidly.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Nationalist are growing in Numbers
This is a normal trend in any country. When country transits towards being a rich and powerful nationstate, ecstasy and patriotism start to rise in people naturally as a celebration of their rise.

After few decades of staying on strongly, woke movements like US will start here too. India's socio-economic problems are right now core of Indian politics and hence, nationalism remains fashionable. Once these problems get solved and India's global military footprint increases, there will be ideological warfare between people not only within India but foreign agencies with their proxies to bend India's policies towards their interests. It already exists on a smaller scale.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
This is a normal trend in any country. When country transits towards being a rich and powerful nationstate, ecstasy and patriotism start to rise in people naturally as a celebration of their rise.

After few decades of staying on strongly, woke movements like US will start here too. India's socio-economic problems are right now core of Indian politics and hence, nationalism remains fashionable. Once these problems get solved and India's global military footprint increases, there will be ideological warfare between people not only within India but foreign agencies with their proxies to bend India's policies towards their interests. It already exists on a smaller scale.
True.

Anyhow, ideological war is very intense right now. Siculars, Commies and Islamist had a free hand to push their narrative for quite a long time. With the emergence of Nationalism and Hinduism, the ideological and perception war has intensified. Since the foundation of ideologies Siculars, Commies and Islamist is ill founded and not based on equality and justice, they are finding it difficult to justify their narratives which has remained unchallenged for a long period of time. Nationalist have all the power to defeat these anti national ideologies.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Any solution to this SM problem?

In my opinion there are true patriots in SM doing good work but the platforms are by design biased towards leftists. They will deplatform, delist or supress reach of nationalists and give full exposure to leftist trolls.

How can a team win match when umpires themselves are in bed with other team?

If we don't take SM threat seriously we will get some nasty surprises right before election just like Trump or something even worse like massive nationwide movements to destabilize the country.

sanghi neta

Country flag
hi guys!!
I have to prepare a presentation on why modi govt is privatising PSUs (selling its stake in PSUs).
one of my friends in my class (a known congress supporter) told me that 'modi desh bech rha h'
can you please give a counter answer to the that rhetoric
and a list of loss making PSUs in India.
thanks in advance

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
hi guys!!
I have to prepare a presentation on why modi govt is privatising PSUs (selling its stake in PSUs).
one of my friends in my class (a known congress supporter) told me that 'modi desh bech rha h'
thanks in advance

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
hi guys!!
thanks in advance
Refer to PSU that have been corporatised and compare their profit margin improvement.

sanghi neta

Country flag
thanks for the reply Bhumihar.
and why is govt selling its stake in LIC while it is making big profits.
Is GOI facing a cash crunch?

warriorextreme

Country flag
hi guys!!
thanks in advance
Read the below article which might throw some light on condition of PSU and why majority of the PSU's need to be privatized. Personally I think running PSUs is an unnecessary overhead on government.

indiatester

Country flag
hi guys!!
thanks in advance
Firstly, government has no reason to be in a business unless private sector is completely absent.

Second, government presence in some businesses create monopolistic practices which cause harm to the nation at large.
Ex: a) Shipbuilding: We can't keep up with the demand and private businesses cannot bid lower than PSU's because of huge investment needed
b) Remember when BSNL and MTNL were the only telecom providers, wait time was almost a decade for a phone.
c) OFBs, HAL etc have ensured (almost) that we are permanently dependent on foreign kits instead of innovating

Can go on and on but then its your project ;-)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
hi guys!!
thanks in advance
Use your own class room as an example.

Let’s say your class has 60 students, your teacher’s focus is divided among all 60 students. if an study period is 1 hour, your teacher will get to spend 1 minute per student.

In the same scenario, if the class has 30 students your teacher gets to allocate more time per student.

Similarly if a government attention span is divided in more things than it can, inefficiencies creep in because govt will not be able to spend quality time to solve issues. any industry which can run on its own without govt involvement, need not have Govt’s involvement in running day to day activities.

Might as well govt spend more time improving quality of life of citizens.

Note: make sure you phrase it in such a way they you don’t end up offending your teacher.

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
thanks for the reply Bhumihar.
and why is govt selling its stake in LIC while it is making big profits.
Is GOI facing a cash crunch?
Competitive at global level is required ,if not when we liberalise further we may face shutting down of our factory , private sector will die out in snap and then public sector will face the heat

Global Defence

New threads

Articles