Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ya, Many more things including petroleum is going to stay but our dependence will reduce day by day and that is a very well come decision. Imagine you do not have to go to petrol pump to fill the petrol , Gas or diesel. Battery of your vehicle can be charged from Sunlight. What a big difference can it make?
It would take 15 to 20 days to charge your vehicle on 4 kw solar panels alone.

SKC

Country flag
for bhadla solar park its 2.2 Giga watt in 14,000 acres.

There is tech for storing solar energy in molten salt batteries to use at night time . i dunno if its been operationalized anywhere but its a possibility.

Thorium tech will mature around the same time pigs will start to fly , which is never. Same for fusion energy , its vapour ware , fantasy . even coal makes more sense to me than nuclear.

Solar panel tech is constantly evolving , so is battery tech.

:dude: you guys hate solar , shame shame .

solar + battery is the future.
Molten salt based solar plants is what I am saying since last few posts. These plants works well are already working in US and in Europe.
Efficiency of solar panels have increased by multifold in last 2 decades.
Just check the latest addition done to the International Space Station. Recently new set of Solar panels have been sent to the ISS and installed already. You can compare the size of the new panels with the older one.
Newer one much smaller and provide more energy then the older huge panels.

SKC

Country flag
Compare the land usage per watts for any of these renewable resources with nuclear. It's no competition.

Small countries with high energy demand will never find much use for these.

Another problem is reliability. No where can these sources be used to power on their own, they are always supplemented by fossil fuels to fill in the inevitable distribution.

Energy storage is in the iron age compared to what we'd need. The best is the Tesla battery which could run a city for a few hours based on a matrix of a say a thousand cells. Not scalable or viable.

There are a host of reasons why they are terrible for the ecosystem, animals, birds, agriculture etc.

Do you know what chemicals are used is solar panes and what would happen if they break, as they often do? The damage they'd cause to the soil?

Most countries can't develop their own nuclear technology or have fuel. Good for us, we can do both and sell the tech and fuel to others.

All in all, it's a fools errand to invest too much in anything but thorium based nuclear power.
Arrey bhai we know what benefits Nuclear option provide over other methods whether renewable or non-renewable.
However we are just stressing the point that we cant just close all conventional power plants just we because you are asking to. Also nuclear plants cant be made everywhere and it will take ages in India too to become majority nuclear power generation nation let alone exporting to other countries.
We will continue to have all other options to nuclear power.

SKC

Country flag
It would take 15 to 20 days to charge your vehicle on 4 kw solar panels alone.
People have already gone total solar for their homes all over US and Eu.
They are generating enough power with Solar panels to run their house filled with AC, Washing machines, tons of lights and also to charge their Tesla or other electric cars over night.
We have come much further than poor solar panels system now.

SKC

Country flag
Solar is too unreliable for it to be the future, not only is is less efficient but also hard to maintain.
With the current solar tech we won't be able to sustain our base load.
Best solar cell available in the market is 60% efficient so there isn't much room for investment. U can only so absorb so much power as the sun gives u which isnt much.

1 kilo uranium can produce 25 GW of energy compare that to solar that will require billions to reach that much.
We have some 500 gw of untapped potential in terms of Hydro better concentrate on that.

The way to go is reducing our power consumption.
Make minimum 4 star Electronics mandatory, promote efficient LED tech, improve undue losses in transmission and generation, invest in smart power saving tech.

Solar will never be the future
Agree with reducing the power consumption, Movement from Bulbs and CFL to LED alone will save upto 80% energy on lighting at homes. Use Ceiling fans with BLDC motors instead traditional motor will reduce the energy consumption by 50%.
I have seen people's electricity bills reducing by 40-50% easily by movement to new 4-5* electronics and LED lighting at home.

here2where

Same situation everywhere.
Policy formation , its implementation and its sustainability are 3 different things in bharat.
from frying pan into the fire ... double whammy ....

How increase in LPG rates has set firewood prices on fire

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
from frying pan into the fire ... double whammy ....

How increase in LPG rates has set firewood prices on fire

You say firewood , my nani went to local village shop to buy those cow dung cakes for, cooking.
She said, cost of one was 25 rupees and that too in village where many have cows and that shopkeeper made them himself lol
my nani thought it would cost 5 -10 rupees then she asked one of her neighbour to give her a bucket of cow manure for free ofcourse (since she doesnt keep cows anymore )and then she dried them at home only.

Last edited:

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag

troubling....
Correct me if I am wrong , during cucksgress lpg cylinders were priced as high as 1300 Inr?

SKC

Country flag
I dont think so.
Non-subsidized were actually.
Also in grey market the refill cost over 1000 anyway so i dont understand this much high halla over it.
LPG has been priced around this for over a decade.
Compare the inflation rates at the time of UPA and currency value at that time, LPG was much more costly during that time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles