Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Smart tv now 100 % made in india. So are 99% smartphone from xiomi. If this pace continues we will have entire ecosystem of electronics in the country in next 4-5 years .
Why chinese are not reacting agressively , if india act like this , we can snatch a lot of industry from them , no way we will stop on these small electronic , next step would be chip manufacturing and domination of electronic sector in foreign markets too .

IndianHawk

Country flag
Why chinese are not reacting agressively , if india act like this , we can snatch a lot of industry from them , no way we will stop on these small electronic , next step would be chip manufacturing and domination of electronic sector in foreign markets too .
They have no option.
If they don't make in India others ( Samsung nokia) will capture indian market which is growing at fastest rate in the world.

Their effort is to gain as much profit as possible and try to move up the value chain which is very difficult as well.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
They have no option.
If they don't make in India others ( Samsung nokia) will capture indian market which is growing at fastest rate in the world.

Their effort is to gain as much profit as possible and try to move up the value chain which is very difficult as well.
Something that attracted is camera module , they said that it is made in india , is it really true ,

SKC

Country flag
no we do not get more bang for the buck. Quality of healthcare in US is next level. Only few can afford such care in india.
Just to give you an example the CAR-T cell therapy for blood cancer cost 500k to 1 million USD in US and other developed world and there govt insurance cover that treatment, nothing like that in india. a multiple proton beam therapy for cancer treatment will cost you upward of 100 million USD both in india and in developed world.
There are gene therapy drugs which cost upward of 14 Cr , my grandfather who died of cancer used to take a drug costing my father 40k a month out of pocket expenditure and that's for 2 years straight. Doctor gave him only 3 months to live.
it's wasn't available in govt hospital and non affordable to almost everyone & why's that ? Well patent for the drug has not expired yet. Let's not delude ourselves. Almost all indian politicians and rich run to foreign hospital when get sick.
Govt insurance covers everything in US but getting an Insurance is another things altogether. People cant afford a good Insurance which has big covers to cover such expensive surgeries.
Companies tries their best to alter work hours in such way that maximum employees fell short of benefits.
We do get band for buck here - firstly the surgeries are not that costly and secondly many insurances will cover good part of surgery expenses.
Conditions with Govt hospitals has improved a lot now, you need to get the approval in advances and once there is approval, medicines are sourced very quickly.

SKC

Country flag

SKC

Country flag
Where is even palm oil used here🧐? I have never seen palm oil being sold or being purchased or being used anywhere in India.
Fast food joints like McD, Burger King and all uses which oil is cheapest. McD had a big change it taste of its Fries and Burger patties due to change of cooking oil to Vegetable oil in some markets and to palm oil in others.

SKC

Country flag
:hmm: Isnt that the reason China is accused of currency manipulation ?

Intentionally keeping its rate down for exporters.
China updates RMB valuation every 3-4 years. Last they did it forcefully in 2019. Next expected to do it again in 2022-23. Whenever the RMB becomes stronger they devalue it a bit.

SKC

Country flag
This is quite interesting data. Does that mean Vajpayee did better job than Narsimha Rao?
Vajpayee was the one who stared massive Infra project in whole country. Only thing is that these project were time consuming. If they had completed within their first term then they would have got much better result in 2004 elections.

SKC

Country flag
May I ask why are they coming back?
Earn quite well in US for 10 years, save enough money. Return back to India after that and start your own company here. Living cost are much lower here. Buy a flat in some posh gates apartments, you will get all kind of amenities in the apartment complex.
Govt is funding all new small scale business now. Loans are being processed much quicker.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It is easier said than done, chip making is something we can’t be a leader of unless we pioneer in a new type of SoC, my example would be Gallium Nitride or Gallium Arsenide based SoCs and chips as the silicon ones are already monopolised by TSMC and Texas Inst. Etc. GaN and GaAs is just an example given by me, I’m not serious.

Reactions: SKC

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ya’ll Nibbiars, will be highly beneficial for Bangalore’s economy.
Hardly any impact on Bangalore economy, few hundred crores max business per annum.

but this probably has to do with traffic jams at Nandi Hills on weekends, which ruins the experience of people going there early in the morning on weekends.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Hardly any impact on Bangalore economy, few hundred crores max business per annum.

but this probably has to do with traffic jams at Nandi Hills on weekends, which ruins the experience of people going there early in the morning on weekends.
No it will help to attract more tourists in Bangalore, don’t just count the monetary profit but also the Brand Value gain.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
No it will help to attract more tourists in Bangalore, don’t just count the monetary profit but also the Brand Value gain.
i have lived in Bangalore in mid 2000’s,it used to be a pleasant place. they have ruined the city. There is no going back now, no matter how much lipstick is used on it.

SKC

Country flag
It is easier said than done, chip making is something we can’t be a leader of unless we pioneer in a new type of SoC, my example would be Gallium Nitride or Gallium Arsenide based SoCs and chips as the silicon ones are already monopolised by TSMC and Texas Inst. Etc. GaN and GaAs is just an example given by me, I’m not serious.
Y'all Nibbiars:
Current market share of the major foundaries:
TSMC (56%), Samsung (18%) and UMC (7%) / GF (7%)

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1651...revenue-growth-as-capacities-get-fully-loaded

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles