LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Bruv what about everything else.
Waste management
Drainage
Electricity services
Water Supply
Road and Streets
Fair. I did not consider this, however drainage systems, electricity systems and such are required by construction codes here. In addition, when you enter a room, we do not have 300 switches for literally every single outlet. Most electrical systems in our homes run to a single circuit breaker, from where they then go to individual rooms that are the controlled by a single switch for every outlet in that room. Water supply has been a failure of the Indian government for 70 years, I do not think a class on public planning will help that when the government doesn't seem to think water recycling is a priority. Roads and streets are poorly designed here believe it or not.

indiatester

Country flag
Trust me. NYC is one of the few good planned cities in the US. The vast majority of other cities and towns are worse than Indian towns.
I've seen San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, San Diego, Chicago, Washington, NYC, Raleigh etc and all of them are far far ahead of anything in India I have seen.
In terms of transportation, public facilities like parks, libraries, schooling, access to recreation.. I mean too many parameters to even name.
Would like to understand what you mean by worse than Indian towns.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
I've seen San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, San Diego, Chicago, Washington, NYC, Raleigh etc and all of them are far far ahead of anything in India I have seen.
In terms of transportation, public facilities like parks, libraries, schooling, access to recreation.. I mean too many parameters to even name.
Would like to understand what you mean by worse than Indian towns.
I was referring mostly to the overdeveloped parts of South Florida. I guess when you do a 1:1 comparison, the US is far ahead. But when you compare and try to control for things like overdevelopment, I guess the US is still ahead. Things could definitely be far better in the US though compared to things in Europe; India has a ways to go and having enforceable building codes would be a big step. So too though, would having somebody care about water and sanitation.

shade

Country flag

=====================Quote from Article below =========================

It is notable that a new set of modern industries are growing. The top industries (with respect to value added) are chemicals, refined petroleum products, rubber and plastic products, electronic products, and pharmaceuticals, medicinal botanical products. BPCL-Kochi Refinery is undergoing major expansion in refining and petrochemical production capabilities and this holds great promise for chemical and allied industries.

Workers engaged in the manufacture of electronic components in Kerala rose from 2,930 in 2012-13 to 10,263 by 2016-17. Workers engaged in the manufacture of medical and dental instruments increased from 1,023 only in 2012-13 to 3207 in 2016-17.

============== End of Quote ======================================

Anyone know how this miracle is happening? Are CPI dalals lenient with the bribes?

gslv markIII

Country flag

It is notable that a new set of modern industries are growing. The top industries (with respect to value added) are chemicals, refined petroleum products, rubber and plastic products, electronic products, and pharmaceuticals, medicinal botanical products. BPCL-Kochi Refinery is undergoing major expansion in refining and petrochemical production capabilities and this holds great promise for chemical and allied industries.

Workers engaged in the manufacture of electronic components in Kerala rose from 2,930 in 2012-13 to 10,263 by 2016-17. Workers engaged in the manufacture of medical and dental instruments increased from 1,023 only in 2012-13 to 3207 in 2016-17.

Anyone know how this miracle is happening? Are CPI dalals lenient with the bribes?
Rubber & plastic manufacturing industries are operating from KL for some decades now. Same with petrochemicals-BPCL Kochi now undergoing expansion.

There are EMS providers like SFO Technologies & medical device manufacturing around Cochin mostly.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

If your home has a GDP of 3,00,000 rs and generates a GDP of 30,000 rs every year and due to some problem it becomes 2,60,000 but once problem is sorted out again makes 30,000 rs every year then you tell me, in which case growth percentage will be high?

10% normally VS 11.5% due to economic recovery while both being the same amount?

sauntheninja

Country flag
If your home has a GDP of 3,00,000 rs and generates a GDP of 30,000 rs every year and due to some problem it becomes 2,60,000 but once problem is sorted out again makes 30,000 rs every year then you tell me, in which case growth percentage will be high?

10% normally VS 11.5% due to economic recovery while both being the same amount?

This was before Covid

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Prashant12

Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
@Haldilal do you have any idea about these skyscrapers in Bangalore???

1.The Sky Plaza489 metres (1,604 ft)47
2.Waterfront 99702 metres (2,303 ft)99

Is it wikipedia jumla?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles