Indian Economy: News and Discussion

shade

Country flag
They follow anti market policies. They priced the newer version of hector 3-5 lac lower than their market competitors to increase their sales. They can source parts from China and reduce the costs further. This way they can put strain on all other market players. They have practically unlimited supply of money to absorb any loss if they suffer in global markets.
Govt needs to come down heavily on this.
Else they will capture the car market like the smartphone one, with only Maruti Suzuki remaining.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya I know. but Tata is still not having the same image as MSIL or Hyundai. Even Hyundai's car for sale in India are inferior and not safer than the cars built for global markets. This is happening despite being both Indian version and global version being made in India plants.
Ya'll Nibbiars the Creta made for the Indian Markets has only Two Stars NCAP ratings and the same made for the African Market manufactured in India has Four Star NCAP rating.

shade

Country flag
They are not concerned with the safety of Indian people. We should buy only TATA.
Better safety rating doesn't result in better sales, neither are there govt regs mandating a specific safety rating( because of lobbying by MNC car walas ).
I've always said people are sheep here who will buy whatever is cheap and "just works", like consoomers world wide.
Any corrective actions have to be taken by GoI only, it can be regulations, it can be incentives.

Haldilal

Country flag
They are not concerned with the safety of Indian people. We should buy only TATA.
Ya'l Nibbiars the only Mahindra Vehicle that is worth is The Thar what a SUV. High NCAP Safety rating and if I had that much money i would have brought a Tata harrier or The Thar.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Better safety rating doesn't result in better sales, neither are there govt regs mandating a specific safety rating( because of lobbying by MNC car walas ).
I've always said people are sheep here who will buy whatever is cheap and "just works", like consoomers world wide.
Any corrective actions have to be taken by GoI only, it can be regulations, it can be incentives.
If one notices the youtube channels related to automobiles, quite many are tilted in favor of foreign brands. I watch Autocar and AshishMasih youtube channels, and I have noticed that they downplay the shortcomings of foreign brands such as VW or Skoda which are selling outdated designs in the market and do not highlight the safety ratings of Tata cars. This is particularly observable in their vdos of Harrier, Altroz etc. Is it a general perception or they are paid to do so is not known to public.

Haldilal

Country flag
If one notices the youtube channels related to automobiles, quite many are tilted in favor of foreign brands. I watch Autocar and AshishMasih youtube channels, and I have noticed that they downplay the shortcomings of foreign brands such as VW or Skoda which are selling outdated designs in the market and do not highlight the safety ratings of Tata cars. This is particularly observable in their vdos of Harrier, Altroz etc. Is it a general perception or they are paid to do so is not known to public.
Ya'll Nibbiars
I said its Tata Harrier.
They asked Hyundai?.
I said No.
They Asked Honda?.
I again said No.
They Asked Maruti.
I said Land Rover.
They said Sirf Videshi Companies hei asie cheez bana sakti hai.
I said TaTa.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars just on five models Tata Motors achived this sales.
tata-motors-sales-analysis-break-up-oct-2020.jpg

The three new models are coming next years Tata Granivitas, Tata HBX and Tata Hexa Safari are coming. Will increase the monthly sales by 12,000 with this come near the hyundai monthly sales of 48 thousand. The hyundai will se a reduction of the sales next year tha means Tata can come near the Hyundai sales which is driven by 10 Models. Tata has come near the run rate and need more models to take over the Hyundai.

Last edited:

Alok1988

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@Haldilal can u tell me about today lucknow municipal bond.. Its my home town and wants to know about it.. How it gona benefit us.. I am ultra noob in this knowledge.. Krapya asaan sabdo me samjhaye..

Haldilal

Country flag
@Haldilal can u tell me about today lucknow municipal bond.. Its my home town and wants to know about it.. How it gona benefit us.. I am ultra noob in this knowledge.. Krapya asaan sabdo me samjhaye..
Ya'll Nibbiars I don't recommend to invest in metal funds as they reduced your return when you could have earned 10 to 14 YoY. But the Bonds are different. Like share are debt to the firms. But unlike shares which are internal debt. Bonds, Debentures and Promissory Notes are external debt. It's good for the investors to invest if the RoR percentage is good. The Lucknow Muncipial Bonds are good. They have good RoR and well the rating depends on the Credit rating. And could easily trust as these as Government Bonds.

The only Problem I have with these bonds are the specific clause. Like say its a 10 year bond. But there is a clause that they could mature your bonds before the said period. And will cut your interest. Say you invested 10,000 rupees and after 10 years you are going to get 35,000 rupees. And the return sound extremely good compared to the FD'd But if the break the bonds in 5 years. You will only get 15,000 rupees. Normally the private firms don't have such clauses in order to attract potential investors. But the Goverment has little to care about this.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I think they are making noida financial capital of up.. Like mumbai of india
Bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

There are 4 regions in UP without each of these regions having at least one Economic corridors development in real sense cant happen.

There is political reasons in case UP is divided but I'll leave it out for now.

Noida has a Natural advantage of having Delhi, Punjab and Haryana in proximity so it was easy for them.
It will be very hars to replicate the same in other regions but Yogi must do it regardless.
It will be strategic blunder if he doesn't.

Haldilal

Country flag
Bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket.

There are 4 regions in UP without each of these regions having at least one Economic corridors development in real sense cant happen.

There is political in case UP is divided reasons as well but I'll leave it out for now.

Noida has a Natural advantage of having Delhi, Punjab and Haryana in proximity so it was easy for them.
It will be very hars to replicate the same in other regions but Yogi must do it regardless.
It will be strategic blunder if he doesn't.
Ya'll Nibbiars I say invest in five major cities of UP. Kanpur, Lucknow, Varnanaai, Prayagraj, Noida.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ya'll Nibbiars I say invest in five major cities of UP. Kanpur, Lucknow, Varnanaai, Prayagraj, Noida.
Ya there is very serious problem of radicalisation in Rohilkhand.

So far we have been able to create economic corridor where there were natural factors like port, river, proximity to major cities.
The real test is creating a econmic centre in a place where u have no such thing.

In case North Uttar Pradesh is ever split it will become a rearing ground for AIMM-BSP, AIMM-SP, AIMM-SP-Congress.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya there is very serious problem of radicalisation in Rohilkhand.

So far we have been able to create economic corridor where there were natural factors like port, river, proximity to major cities.
The real test is creating a econmic centre in a place where u have no such thing.

In case North Uttar Pradesh is ever split it will become a rearing ground for AIMM-BSP, AIMM-SP, AIMM-SP-Congress.
Ya'll Nibbiars you can create Balrampur and other such areas as a major industrials Hubs.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
It is better to split up economic activity in phases of geographical area.

The usual anti national stakeholder have Strategically placed themselves near coasts, in area rich with natural resources and areas with demographic instability.

Everyone but the India RW ecosystem has Brains to recognise this

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles