Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Roshan

Country flag
Just trying to understand why everybody is singing praises on HDFC or SBI or ICICI

Fact remains that all are working for profits to their investors and making huge one in there.... they will lend at 8% but pay not even 3% on savings account....... Ethics and business don't go together .. TATAS included...

My Organization is churning out record profits but when its time to pay employees their legitimate dues.. they Swallow fevicol....I have seen SVP's fighting over even 2 $ of expenses to train employees....

Let us park it there.... No bank is safe ...when it will be about time, SBI / HDFC will be the first one to go out sinking us all...

Stupid thing about SBI is that politicians use to fund any tom dick and harry ... ICICI 's Own CEO was in bed with videocon guy ... I am sure HDFC too have skeletons ... just that we dont know...
i was wondering how idfc bank is able to pay 7 per cent interest on savings and if it is sustainable. it is as good if not better than fd rates of many other banks. i remember a few yrs ago a lot of people parked money in yes bank for this same reason when it was offering attractive interest rates.

until there is sufficient evidence that the whole system is clean it may not be such a bad idea to park some money in post office savings, they are safer than many banks.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Just trying to understand why everybody is singing praises on HDFC or SBI or ICICI

Fact remains that all are working for profits to their investors and making huge one in there.... they will lend at 8% but pay not even 3% on savings account....... Ethics and business don't go together .. TATAS included...

My Organization is churning out record profits but when its time to pay employees their legitimate dues.. they Swallow fevicol....I have seen SVP's fighting over even 2 $ of expenses to train employees....

Let us park it there.... No bank is safe ...when it will be about time, SBI / HDFC will be the first one to go out sinking us all...

Stupid thing about SBI is that politicians use to fund any tom dick and harry ... ICICI 's Own CEO was in bed with videocon guy ... I am sure HDFC too have skeletons ... just that we dont know...
There are many thing in all banks but if it came out it would be total down. Nothing will remain. So let it be unless you want a total crash down of the system.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
i was wondering how idfc bank is able to pay 7 per cent interest on savings and if it is sustainable. it is as good if not better than fd rates of many other banks. i remember a few yrs ago a lot of people parked money in yes bank for this same reason when it was offering attractive interest rates.

until there is sufficient evidence that the whole system is clean it may not be such a bad idea to park some money in post office savings, they are safer than many banks.
Every bank is collapsible, evey object is subject to devaluation. Those things that offer high prices and are easily cashable or transactional but are always full of risk.
Stocks and Bonds almost always full of risk.
Paper currency subject to inflation and Demonertisation.
Bank balance also subject to inflation and Bank frauds.
Insurance your already know.

Those things that are safe well its gold and land but bot easily transactional.
Other than this the things you have good knowledge about is always the safe bet.

Safety and Transaction are inversely proportional.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Who said anything about a safe bank. The discussion was about 'safest' among the lot. SBI won't be the first one to go. It will be the last one.
HDFC bank is the safest bank
Nothing beats SBI on safety. This would be the last one to go if it comes to that. Customer Service👎.
HDFC is safest when it comes to Private banks.
Just trying to understand why everybody is singing praises on HDFC or SBI or ICIC
Hope the question is answered. It was about discussing 'relative' safety not singing.

Haldilal

Country flag
Who said anything about a safe bank. The discussion was about 'safest' among the lot. SBI won't be the first one to go. It will be the last one.

Hope the question is answered. It was about discussing 'relative' safety not singing.
There is no scope discussing it with the kumata Nibba. Kumata Nibba head is already Short circuited due to the work load.

Kumata

Country flag
Just wait for few skeletons to show up like ICICI & Chanda happened... If SBI is last one to go than not sure how HDFC is safest of the lot... anyways...I will never trust a private bank...

Kumata

Country flag
There is no scope discussing it with the kumata Nibba. Kumata Nibba head is already Short circuited due to the work load.
:mad2::mad2::rage::mad2:

Saar, I am a poor middle class who had few loans to pay unfortunately... so my work takes priority over ranting on forums......when i have time..i do like to discuss with rich people who prefer to waste their time on forum 24x7 with multiple id :nono::nono::nono:

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Just wait for few skeletons to show up like ICICI & Chanda happened... If SBI is last one to go than not sure how HDFC is safest of the lot... anyways...I will never trust a private bank...
1. The discussion was not about 'safe'. It was about 'safest'. Relative not absolute.
2. You got it all mixed up because apparantly you didn't care to go through the discussion before reacting to it, neither the first time, nor the second time around.
3. Broadly speaking, you and I do agree on SBI being safest of the lot.

Haldilal

Country flag
1. The discussion was not about 'safe'. It was about 'safest'. Relative not absolute.
2. You got it all mixed up because apparantly you didn't care to go through the discussion before reacting to it, neither the first time, nor the second time around.
3. Broadly speaking, you and I do agree on SBI being safest of the lot.
Ya'll Nibbiars It's more technical but I will write about it in details later.

Haldilal

Country flag

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

HDFC to has skeletons. Propaganda machinery has made sure to keep its magnificence high for obvious reasons ( Pvt 🏦 ). Cronnism in india is a serious problem. Politicians have made a mess of basically everything.

Haldilal

Country flag
HDFC to has skeletons. Propaganda machinery has made sure to keep its magnificence high for obvious reasons ( Pvt 🏦 ). Cronnism in india is a serious problem. Politicians have made a mess of basically everything.
Actually Yes Bank could have survived and even grown today if they had not thrown Rana out of the job. Every corporations has skeleton but if you make a issue of the every thing then you are doomed to fail. Even SBI has Skeleton but it remains a safely guarded secrets. Even till few years back many SBI branches were using DOS on their computers. Ya 20 30 years old computers. :troll:

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
I recently met a fully grown commie in Maharashtra fighting for farmers rights. He was the district head of some anti corruption, human rights orgy and i had gone to discuss with him about some complaint. As usual he was a rent a PIL guy with him dropping PILs in courts, RTI applications on frivoulous issues. I was left intrigued and somewhat confused after the discussion. The things he was saying abt corruption in public schemes and plight of farmers was not wrong per se and mostly made sense. But the PIL thingy he was doing was for personal vendetta as he was thrown out of some farmer orgn he was in the board of, and that orgn is working with state govt and getting subsidy for some project. Now he claims the new board of the farmer orgn is filled with nepotist members and they are mostly using govt funds for self growth. It may be true to some extent but the orgn still utilizes public funds for farmer development. This guy wants to remove the orgn and bring his own into the subsidy scheme.
Now as an outsider party I am confused who is right. Him who wants to derail a project till it suits his own interests or the one who is doing wrong but hiding it cleanly. What guarantee is there that if this guy gets the subsidy scheme he wont turn bad.
End of useless post.:india2:

Haldilal

Country flag
I recently met a fully grown commie in Maharashtra fighting for farmers rights. He was the district head of some anti corruption, human rights orgy and i had gone to discuss with him about some complaint. As usual he was a rent a PIL guy with him dropping PILs in courts, RTI applications on frivoulous issues. I was left intrigued and somewhat confused after the discussion. The things he was saying abt corruption in public schemes and plight of farmers was not wrong per se and mostly made sense. But the PIL thingy he was doing was for personal vendetta as he was thrown out of some farmer orgn he was in the board of, and that orgn is working with state govt and getting subsidy for some project. Now he claims the new board of the farmer orgn is filled with nepotist members and they are mostly using govt funds for self growth. It may be true to some extent but the orgn still utilizes public funds for farmer development. This guy wants to remove the orgn and bring his own into the subsidy scheme.
Now as an outsider party I am confused who is right. Him who wants to derail a project till it suits his own interests or the one who is doing wrong but hiding it cleanly. What guarantee is there that if this guy gets the subsidy scheme he wont turn bad.
End of useless post.:india2:
My cousin asked for subsidy for construction of a dam for his farms. But as the vendor were fixed and were offering lower grade material. My cousin didn't opted for it. But as my cousin can easily afford to construct a dam done it. When some high ranking official comes to survey. The low ranking official were trying to show my cousin dam as a aided project. But my cousin was at the farm in plain simple clothes. When that high ranking official from Delhi spoken in hindi to my cousin. Then what the official got a transfer and even a inquiry.
PS : My cousin is so extremely wealthy. :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles