Indian Economy: News and Discussion

shade

Country flag
So he is also like that multi field expert coming on news channels as expert on whatever topic discussion is going on by News panel. Giving lectures to Govt on all fields. Some days he is defence expert, then economics expert, international relations expert and so on.
Even if I talk shit about Modi/BJP I will also be declared as "expert" and "eminent keyboard intellectual" by TheLiar and affiliates.
It doesn't take much, really.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Meanwhile we will be 7th largest economy in 2021, below France and UK according to IMF predictions because of chinese virus induced lockdown causing a 10% GDP contraction.
Article is Paywalled btw.
This is the problem with declaring national targets, opponents can sponsor PR campaigns to target those specific points. Not saying targets should not be declared, but saying we should recognise this element of the game, and plan accordingly.

shade

Country flag
This is the problem with declaring national targets, opponents can sponsor PR campaigns to target those specific points. Not saying targets should not be declared, but saying we should recognise this element of the game, and plan accordingly.
Since corona induced lockdown is the proper counter to "HAHA 5 TRIILION ECONOMY KAB HOGA" hit job articles, there is a persistent effort to peddle 1) Lockdown was "hastily implemented", "unnecessary" etc or 2) Indian growth rate was declining anyway( but it wouldn't result in 10% contraction of the economy, which they conveniently don't mention )

shade

Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Biggest of these is Salcomp, a Finnish ODM/OEM making mobile phone chargers, earlier for Nokia, then as in independent company.
Currently it is a subsidiary of some ching chong company tho
Then you will be surprised to find many companies are controlled by secret hedge and Vulture fund which are registered elsewhere but are actually chinese.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag

Meanwhile we will be 7th largest economy in 2021, below France and UK according to IMF predictions because of chinese virus induced lockdown causing a 10% GDP contraction.
Article is Paywalled btw.
I suggest you all members to go to imf site and analyze yourself.
There forecast for India in 2020 relative too others is good.
And yes this is dhoti-shivering article and naukars of the family at the work.

shade

Country flag
I suggest you all members to go to imf site and analyze yourself.
There forecast for India in 2020 relative too others is good.
And yes this is dhoti-shivering article and naukars of the family at the work.
According to IMF predictions by Q2 2021 we will be back at 8.8% growth.

1603468106426.png

The bit about Q2 isn't explicitly mentioned, I got it from some news site I don't remember now.
Hope these predictions come true and the momentum of 8-9% economic recovery growth spurt can be continued for next 5-7 years.

Prashant12

Country flag
India's forex reserves touch life time high of $555.12 billion
Expressed in dollar terms, FCAs include the effect of appreciation or depreciation of non-US units like the euro, pound and yen held in the foreign exchange reserves.

The country’s foreign exchange reserves touched a life time high of $555.12 billion after it surged by $3.615 billion in the week ended October 16, according to RBI data.

In the previous week ended October 9, 2020, the reserves had increased by $5.867 billion to reach $551.505 billion.

During the latest reporting week, the rise in total reserves was due to a sharp rise in Foreign Currency Assets (FCAs), a major component of the overall reserves.

FCA jumped by $3.539 billion to $512.322 billion, the data showed.

Expressed in dollar terms, FCAs include the effect of appreciation or depreciation of non-US units like the euro, pound and yen held in the foreign exchange reserves.

Gold reserves were up by $86 million in the reporting week to $36.685 billion.

The special drawing rights with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) remained unchanged at $1.480 billion during the reporting week.

The country’s reserve position with the IMF declined by $11 million to $4.634 billion during the reporting week, as per the data.

shade

Country flag
Good read, not related to India tho
disable javascript and cookies if paywall drama is happening

The great uncoupling: one supply chain for China, one for everywhere else

This article is part of a series on the New Cold War

Earlier this year, four dozen lawyers, accountants and bankers from all over Latin America piled into a conference room in an office tower on Miami Waterfront. They listened spellbound as Nicholas Chen, an energetic lawyer who had come all the way from Taiwan, told them about an exodus of manufacturing from China that could make them rich.

“The tsunami waters are flowing outward now,” Mr Chen said to the assembled audience.

Pointing to the US trade war with China, he said many companies were having second thoughts about maintaining operations in the Asian country. “Huge numbers of China-located companies are shifting their purchase orders, manufacturing capacities and operations out of China,” he claimed. “This can become your El Dorado!” — a reference to the mythical gold treasure that drove generations of explorers to Latin America.

Mr Chen knows how to make a good pitch. Starting in the early 1990s, the Chinese American lawyer helped hundreds of companies from Taiwan, a hub of manufacturing for electronics and other industries, to set up shop in Suzhou — a city just outside Shanghai in Jiangsu province.

Nicholas Chen helped companies from Taiwan, a hub of manufacturing for electronics and other industries, to set up shop in Suzhou near Shanghai © Walid Berrazeg/FT
The influx made Suzhou one of the largest clusters of Taiwanese manufacturing in China, with more than 11,000 companies and cumulative investment of more than $30bn as of 2018. The companies included flat panel maker AU Optronics, telecoms gear maker Sercomm and at least 10 Apple suppliers. They were part of a force that transformed China into an export machine supplying the whole world — until now.

Those same supply chains are now at the centre of a tug-of-war that has huge implications for the future of the global economy and for geopolitics.

Driven by President Donald Trump’s push to “decouple” the US economy from China and the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic, many manufacturers are being forced to rethink their presence in China.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Honestly, if after heading a govt that spent billions on infra, the biggest allegation against Devandra Fadnavis and Amruta Fadnavis is that some accounts were shifted to Axis Bank, i would take it as a certificate of his unparalled honesty. The opposition can't find a thing on him.

Bhagwaan Uvacha.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Anyone who has done forensic analysis of financials will confirm how hard it is to prove criminality because the essence of financial fraud is to keep in with the letter of the law while violating its spirit. You can see its wrong, but cant prove its illegal.

But also Somehow I think it is otherwise. There are too many laws in India which governs financial frauds/mishandling. Agencies have too much powers as well. Enough to make someone's life hell.

Bhagwaan uvacha.

shade

Country flag

Very informative article, Taiwanese companies were behind China's rise in the electronics, semiconductor and plastic widgets sector as the largest exporter.
These same corps can help us with our growth story

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Indian economy is in tatters. no matter what anybody claim in this forum, covid or no covid . Poverty is probably all time high. Highest among women, old , poor families ,underemployed, unemployed youth etc. this forum basically represent mentality of 1% and less far removed from ground realities.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Indian economy is in tatters. no matter what anybody claim in this forum, covid or no covid . Poverty is probably all time high. Highest among women, old , poor families ,underemployed, unemployed youth etc. this forum basically represent mentality of 1% and less far removed from ground realities.
let the farts out swiftly mate...
Don't keep the gas in, harmful for health.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
let the farts out swiftly mate...
Don't keep the gas in, harmful for health.
my opinion regarding economy is well known. What i see on ground is different from what rich people in this forum see or think cause I only see high poverty, unemployment , underemployment etc. Let us all stick to our opinion and views :)

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
my opinion regarding economy is well known. What i see on ground is different from what rich people in this forum see or think cause I only see high poverty, unemployment , underemployment etc. Let us all stick to our opinion and views :)
You are seeing all this from Norway?
Must have pretty sharp eyes.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles