Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Sanatani

Country flag
I have also not heard about a big biogas plant operated by any dairy . It's not difficult for them to gain know how . So what's preventing them from making biogas plants.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I knew of a plant for bio fuel. But that is lying. When we will create adequate infractures for the bio fuel?

Sanatani

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I knew of a plant for bio fuel. But that is lying. When we will create adequate infractures for the bio fuel?
I also know about a government project on biofuel ,but it was stopped. They say the calorific value of the biofuel was not good enough so the project has to be scrapped. Not sure whether true or not.

Sanatani

Country flag
I sincerely think that along with development it's high time the government promotes sustainable development.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
yes they apply here In Bihar as well, 40% subsidy for fish farm, 25% for mushroom, 15% for buying tractors, seeders, tillers. Funds get released every year but most people don't use it as their is no information broadcast.
Result? Funds get eaten up by IAS, IES, Mantri, Dealer, DM, Co, Surplus is returned back.
You'd be asking how come I know of this and how could I be so certain.
Answer: My Mamaji used to work in DM office he has seen corruption up close and personal from Lalus days to Nitish days.

Sanatani

Country flag
You'd be asking how come I know of this and how could I be so certain.
Answer: My Mamaji used to work in DM office he has seen corruption up close and personal from Lalus days to Nitish days.
True. Corruption is everywhere. It's suffocating. My friend got a job in state excise department but resigned after 8 months because he was not able to tolerate the corrupt practices of his colleagues and senior's.

Sanatani

Country flag
He tells me how his boss used to torture bechara businessmen. When I hear the awful stories I feel that becoming manufacturers is one of the biggest mistake that a person can do.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
True. Corruption is everywhere. It's suffocating. My friend got a job in state excise department but resigned after 8 months because he was not able to tolerate the corrupt practices of his colleagues and senior's.
If it were to summarise Indias administration I would explain it in this way.

It is a 3 phase Synchronous motor that runs at 50% of its full capacity.
With congress it was at 40% capacity and with BJP it is at 50%.
No amount of changing the voltage or current would have an impact.
U will have to change its coils to make an impact.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
He tells me how his boss used to torture bechara businessmen. When I hear the awful stories I feel that becoming manufacturers is one of the biggest mistake that a person can do.
Sometimes I feel do we even need this bureaucracy we can live a far better life without this bureaucracy
That’s why I feel this so called democracy is not suited for us we should adopt Chinese or Vietnamese model or even The North Korean model or something else which works for us this so called democracy has failed us

angryIndian

Country flag
Graph clearly reflects that tweak is essentially during COVID lockdown and will be bounced back next year. Trajectory all over is quite good.

Further, Bangladesh' manpower is largely made up of daily wage workers and barely a diverse industry, strictly limited to textiles or very low end products. Given that Economic Complexity Index (ECI) of Bangladesh/Pakistan/Nepal/Sri Lanka here lies at level of low end sub sahara Africa, their growth is barely going to be sustained vis a vis India or Southeast Asia.
It does not matter what constitutes Bangladesh's manpower and what their industrial capabilities are,it's irrelevant to this discussion. What largely matters is that they are doing better than us in many key sectors like social welfare and now economy. Just 5 years ago Bangladesh's per capita income was 40% lower and now they have managed to achieved this parity, this is nothing but a remarkable achievement.
And this is not just because of covid 19,bangladesh was already closing in the gap and many economists were already projecting Bangladesh overtaking india before 2030.

There was a time when India was hyphenated with China as they both were seen as economic rivals. Today it's a different story as the gap is just so large that any comparison is meaningless. We have fallen so low that our economic performance is now being compared with a country that has any semblance of modernity.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
It does not matter what constitutes Bangladesh's manpower and what their industrial capabilities are,it's irrelevant to this discussion. What largely matters is that they are doing better than us in many key sectors like social welfare and now economy. Just 5 years ago Bangladesh's per capita income was 40% lower and now they have managed to achieved this parity, this is nothing but a remarkable achievement.
And this is not just because of covid 19,bangladesh was already closing in the gap and many economists were already projecting Bangladesh overtaking india before 2030.
I've already explained why their growth was short lived and why none of long term economic projections have ever shown Bangladesh overtaking India's GDP per capita in 2030 and 2050. It is essentially having a textile based export at whole, an economy based upon primary sector and such economies have short lived growth unless they can translate themselves into a diversified system like Philippines or Vietnam which Bangladesh is far from doing.

Botswana, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon match eastern Europe in GDP per capita. It doesn't make them match their ECI, nor their long term projections or industrial capabilities.
It does not matter what constitutes Bangladesh's manpower and what their industrial capabilities are,it's irrelevant to this discussion.
This is entire thing the relevant discussion spins around as I stated economies with low ECI + replacement fertility rate fall in low income or middle income traps after short lived economic booms.
Sorry for a personal attack, but in case you are insisting that industrial capabilities and state of labour "doesn't matter and irrelevant to this discussion", but matching GDP per capita yet is an "achievement", you simply are a standard ignorant street expert teenager who loves to blab about topics he knows nothing about.
No matter even if I write a whole damn article for you, you will write gibberish without reading it, hence not even worthy of an argument.

If what happens matters for you, but how, why and how long it will continue, you are not someone to be considered in argument.
There was a time when India was hyphenated with China as they both were seen as economic rivals.
They weren't largely. India vs China drama began way later in early 21st century initially by western media. Earlier there were drums of India vs Pak when China is used to be a darling to US.

It is not to be said that technological leaks from US within Laurel satellite scam, FTAs from west in previous century and China's large reservoirs of natural resources are the actual reason for its trajectory.
We have fallen so low that our economic performance is now being compared with a country that has any semblance of modernity.
No one is. India and Bangladesh are quite distinct countries in terms of economic structures. Former is a semi-industrial economy trying to transit into an industrialised one, has longer sustainability and diverse range of sectors to be dependent upon. Later one is based upon largely on primary sector and is right now encashing the sector due to unorganized labour and antipathy between major countries. Not sustainable for long term with declining fertility and will continue to be dependent upon large countries.
They are not even in same league.

It's quite disheartening anyway to see uneducated fools (not necessarily illiterate) roaming around with self awarded attribute of being educated but being brutally incompetent in debates.

shade

Country flag
Are there any articles that explain in detail how the ASEAN-India FTA has f*cked us over, the FTA was agreed upon in 2009 and came into effect in 2010, we know now who was behind it but I would like to know what all sectors it affects, considering GoI's recent TV and AC ban is targeted at neutralizing this FTA

SKC

Country flag
SU
it’s called bagass, you will find them in villages. People have been using them for more than two decades in India. you can connect it directly to your Lpg cooking stove.

View attachment 63374
Such project was started with a bang in Gautam Budh Nagar-Dadri area around 15 yr back. S0 much noise was created in newpapers about it. These Metal cylinders were made and installed at many places.
After 6 month the whole project got abandoned. I don't know why. The metal boxes rusted and got looted with time and nothing remains now.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Rajiv Bajaj should be the last one to comment on governance. on one hand his dad actively works behind the scenes to subvert people’s mandate in his state there by creating a policy vaccum, on the other hand his son gives gyaan baazi on governance.

if anything whatever troubles he is facing in his Pune plant are a result of his family’s political choices. He got no one else to blame.

RUMINT

Tibarn

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

A short, decent article in the Financial Express on Agri-Reforms. The same types of whinging by certain sections was seen in the past when Narshima Rao Ji did the reforms in the 1990s

Tibarn

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Cool story from Maharashtra

The FPC then sold the maize to a private company in Bihar's Muzaffarpur. The FPC then rewarded the farmers by sharing a part of its profit with them.

"We decided to share some of the profit with the farmers who had sold their maize to us and distributed a bonus of Rs 10 per quintal to the farmers. The amount is small but is a gesture of appreciation", the FPC's founder Ashish Nafade has been quoted as saying.

Nafade has added that the centre's farm bills has given mode freedom to his company and it also needs to ensure that it retains the farmers.

The FPCs are also planning to brand their products and also tap into the international market. The FPCs are also trying to rope in big corporate houses like ITC to sell their produce and are registering on online platforms for a wider market reach.
APMC mandis lose grip on Maharashtra FPCs
Since the three farm laws were passed, FPCs in Maharashtra have seen newer markets opening up that were unavailable till now. Technically, FPCs or other traders are free to buy directly from farmers, but the APMC had the power to levy cess ranging from 1.05% to 1.5% on the transaction.

Around 12 FPCs in Latur and Osmanabad have supplied over 1,200 tonnes of soybean to private player ADM Agro Industries Private Ltd. Yogesh Thorat, MD, Maha FPC said that the FPC has also registered on electronic platforms like AgriBazar for sale of commodities. His company is also tapping corporates such as ITC and COFCO for business.

A lot of the middlemen are getting cut out of the ag industry

Thorat’s company initially used the PSS (Price Support Scheme) model of purchasing at minimum support price to widen its reach among farmers and has now ventured into commercial procurement as well. Maha FPC recently collaborated with Nafed’s arm Federation of Farmer Producer Organisations and Aggregators (FIFA) to set up e-Kisan mandi in Pune. Nafed plans to create 50 to 100 such mandis over the next year across the country bringing farmers, traders and buyers on a common platform.
So they are planning on setting up 50-100 of these mandis across the country over the next year. One should keep an eye on them to see how it turns out. It will be interesting to see what type of impact they have on growth in that sector over the next year or two.

shade

Country flag

More hoops to jump through for chinkie companies who want that sweet, sweet govt contract moolah.

Article is based on "sutro se pata chala hai", so take it with a truck full of salt.
Retarded if true, all the "manufacturing" you see here is assembly of CKD parts into products for domestic market only, in order to juke the tariffs and duties, remove the stick of tariffs and duties and manufacturing goes away.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars India has received the highest FDI in Apr-Aug FY 20-21 surpassing all previous years Inflows pegged at the Highest $35.73 Billion.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles