Indian Economy: News and Discussion

shade

Country flag
Kia Seltos is the flagship model of Kia and it is priced ~10L.

Which Toyota model is even competing with the Seltos in its price segment? The Toyota Urban Cruiser when launched may pose some competition to the Seltos.

Innova was the goto car till it became almost unaffordable for most middle/upper middle class large families too.

Toyota played cheap and killed the Qualis. How can GoI help if they decide to fuk themselves. Value conscious Indian buyer is neither faithful nor stupid.
GoI can fuck them good if it wants though, and it would with this out of hand provocation, which is why the Kirloskar bossman came out with an appeasing statement.

And of course it has to be Gloomberg who ran this garbage story of spoilt C-Level throwing tantrums at GoI.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Kia Seltos is the flagship model of Kia and it is priced ~10L.

Which Toyota model is even competing with the Seltos in its price segment? The Toyota Urban Cruiser when launched may pose some competition to the Seltos.

Innova was the goto car till it became almost unaffordable for most middle/upper middle class large families too.

Toyota played cheap and killed the Qualis. How can GoI help if they decide to fuk themselves. Value conscious Indian buyer is neither faithful nor stupid.
Ya'll Nibbiars That's why the success behind the tata motors lies on their three models Altroz Tiago and Nexon, the harriers has slumped but still on the second number and they need to work on the Tigor and either slash the Hexa pricing or end the production run.

another_armchair

Country flag
That's why the success behind the tata motors lies on their three models Altroz Tiago and Nexon, the harriers has slumped but still on the second number and they need to work on the Tigor and either slash the Hexa proce or end the production run.
Tiago and Nexon are pretty good vfm cars. Totally love them.

OTOH, Maruti Suzuki is doing pretty well too. The Nexa XL-6 is another feature loaded mid size family car. Very good tbh for budget conscious folks and they haven't cut any corners at all.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think we need to add foreign languages in our school curriculum and colleges. Not just one or two major languages but all the languages. I think it would help us improve our people to people relations with all the nations while opening many more opportunities for business relations. Every school should have at least one language (not belonging to Indian subcontinent) taught. Even if they can't teach them the whole grammar, kids should be exposed to basics of their languages such as numbers, characters pronunciation, some common greetings words like hi, hello, how are you.... etc. Should any kid develop an interest in the language, he/she himself/herself would pursue the remaining lessons of the respective language.

I haven't written this article but it represents my views.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
In the words of Nelson Mandela - “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.”

I think this could be a really great weapon for our goal of becoming a global power and very influential one. This would also earn Indians respect everywhere.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

PM modi has given clarification on the bill.

MSP is here to stay and opposition as always was trying to misguide people.

With this clarification situation in haryana will be under control but no idea what is going to happen with SAD.
SAD as always jumping fences.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Along with solar, batteries & renewable energy, BHEL has increased conventional energy plant related manufacturing too. They have received multiple exports orders in the last few years & are in various phases of executing hydroelectric/thermal plants in India & overseas markets.

Roshan

Country flag
what are your thoughts on the eca and agri bill which was passed? i thought both were good moves but couldn't explain the protests other than that someone was rabble rousing the farmers on behalf of the mandi agents who would lose their commission.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I think we need to add foreign languages in our school curriculum and colleges. Not just one or two major languages but all the languages. I think it would help us improve our people to people relations with all the nations while opening many more opportunities for business relations. Every school should have at least one language (not belonging to Indian subcontinent) taught. Even if they can't teach them the whole grammar, kids should be exposed to basics of their languages such as numbers, characters pronunciation, some common greetings words like hi, hello, how are you.... etc. Should any kid develop an interest in the language, he/she himself/herself would pursue the remaining lessons of the respective language.

I haven't written this article but it represents my views.
It's been already done in Pvt schools atleast.

French and German are offered though I agree more lang like Japanese should be offered from the beginning.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

PM modi has given clarification on the bill.

MSP is here to stay and opposition as always was trying to misguide people.

With this clarification situation in haryana will be under control but no idea what is going to happen with SAD.
This is wrong. MSP is only in mandi and not outside. Govt has given consesion to pvt players so that they can benefit and monopolies the system outside mandi by tax brake. BJP govt is lying. Ultimate goal is to end MSP down the line so pvt player can fix prices without any regulations.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
what are your thoughts on the eca and agri bill which was passed? i thought both were good moves but couldn't explain the protests other than that someone was rabble rousing the farmers on behalf of the mandi agents who would lose their commission.
Because BJP is lying and i tell you how. MSP is only guarantee by govt and only through some Mandis. not outsiders ,like corporates or pvt players. BJP govt has scrap buy from Mandi for traders who can now directly buy from farmers , cutting the middle man. All sound good right. Well here's the problem. Traders used to pay 6% tax before to the govt , now they dont have to. Now corporate will offer Higher prices than MSP from Mandis for time being until all farmers start selling directly to corporates or pvt players. Over time revenue for mandi will dry up as neither farmers will come nor tax. Govt will have no option other than to close mandi. whole farming sector will be monopolised by pvt player who will than fix the prices on there own without any regulations. Govt need to guarantee that MSP will apply to everyone no matter Who buy and there will be some regulations or oversight so farmers specially small farmers are not exploited. But BJP didn't listen to any of this and passed the bill in a hurry without consulting anyone. It's like Jio free internet at first and after monopolisation jacked up the prices.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@Bharatiye @Arihant hans kyoon rahey ho , koi galti ho to batao , galat bola main kya? Why govt is not guaranteeing MSP by law ? Modi ji talks about one nation one system but when comes to MSP only mandi not pvt players. Govt doesn't want equal playing field since it has given tax consesion to traders outside mandi. It's sound like a big plan to destroy farmers Livelihood to me specially small farmers.

Roshan

Country flag
Because BJP is lying and i tell you how. MSP is only guarantee by govt and only through some Mandis. not outsiders ,like corporates or pvt players. BJP govt has scrap buy from Mandi for traders who can now directly buy from farmers , cutting the middle man. All sound good right. Well here's the problem. Traders used to pay 6% tax before to the govt , now they dont have to. Now corporate will offer Higher prices than MSP from Mandis for time being until all farmers start selling directly to corporates or pvt players. Over time revenue for mandi will dry up as neither farmers will come nor tax. Govt will have no option other than to close mandi. whole farming sector will be monopolised by pvt player who will than fix the prices on there own without any regulations. Govt need to guarantee that MSP will apply to everyone no matter Who buy and there will be some regulations or oversight so farmers specially small farmers are not exploited. But BJP didn't listen to any of this and passed the bill in a hurry without consulting anyone. It's like Jio free internet at first and after monopolisation jacked up the prices.
making private players follow msp will defeat the entire purpose of that exercise don't you think? you gave the example of jio but jio has still provided better services than any other service provider for the last 4 yrs which is not necessarily a bad thing. this would be like saying jio shouldn't enter the market because then bsnl might go out of business.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
making private players follow msp will defeat the entire purpose of that exercise don't you think? you gave the example of jio but jio has still provided better services than any other service provider for the last 4 yrs which is not necessarily a bad thing. this would be like saying jio shouldn't enter the market because then bsnl might go out of business.
so cat is finally out of the bag, real purpose is to destroy small farmers and there livelihood not to better there prospect. Nobody is stopping pvt or corporatae players to enter , everyone is asking for a guarantee and fair MSP by law with govt oversight. Pvt player always existed and they never used to pay fair prices , they never did. This look like a proper way of monopolisation and making farmers labourer in there own land. How low one can go , even your enemies won't go this low in my opinion.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles