Indian Economy: News and Discussion

captscooby81

Country flag
When did this become the norm job of citizen is to critique of the govt , This is exactly want leftist cheerleaders keep parroting to be critique of everything govt does which transalted to media being always critic of its analysis

Citizens don't have to be critique of every single policy of govt 128 crore people you will always find 1 crore people critique of anything this govt does should we take those 1 % people analysis as benchmark ?

Oh really ? How will India achieve this magic figure of 6 trillion by 2026 ?

India was literally struggling to achieve 6% growth rate even before the pandemic and now you think India all of a sudden will achieve 9% year on year and miraculously double it's economy in mere 6 years ?

And finally a reminder,you job as a citizen is to critique the government and not be it's cheerleader.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
When did this become the norm job of citizen is to critique of the govt , This is exactly want leftist cheerleaders keep parroting to be critique of everything govt does which transalted to media being always critic of its analysis

Citizens don't have to be critique of every single policy of govt 128 crore people you will always find 1 crore people critique of anything this govt does should we take those 1 % people analysis as benchmark ?
Yup, this is one of the greatest achievement of the left in India and probably elsewhere.
They have successfully made citizens & news media believe that everything that govt does needs to be criticised, while playing no role in the outcome.

angryIndian

Country flag

Need to work on your English skills

critique = analysis/ assessment of a thing.It's not necessarily a negative thing.

A government is not your mummy or daddy that you will believe or support in whatever they do.They are a body consisting of your elected representatives whose primary job is to serve you.

26/11

Country flag
Need to work on your English skills

critique = analysis/ assessment of a thing.It's not necessarily a negative thing.

A government is not your mummy or daddy that you will believe or support in whatever they do.They are a body consisting of your elected representatives whose primary job is to serve you.
And our job is to needlessly keep criticizing them. got it.
Instead of that fake news website quint, I would suggest you to use official US Department of commerce link:

Some screenshots from PDF:
1599159465850.png

1599159667342.png

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

26/11

Country flag
Explain this too.........

By the way, I want to point one more fraud in this data.
UK Data is QoQ not YoY. So, it is using Q1 which was already negative as base.
Ref: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/12/uk-...rd-20point4percent-in-the-second-quarter.html

Same fraud in case of france:

For Canada also it is QoQ:
Annualized it is 38.7%

Same fraud you can find in all other examples.
But let's keep beating up a nationalist government to benefit "Pappu" even if it means using fake news! After all it is duty of all citizens!

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
By the way, I want to point one more fraud in this data.
UK Data is QoQ not YoY. So, it is using Q1 which was already negative as base.
Ref: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/12/uk-...rd-20point4percent-in-the-second-quarter.html

Same fraud in case of france:

For Canada also it is QoQ:
Annualized it is 38.7%

Same fraud you can find in all other examples.
But let's keep beating up a nationalist government to benefit "Pappu" even if it means using fake news! After all it is duty of all citizens!
Mate thsi is good can u prepare a report on this if it's not too much to ask.

26/11

Country flag
If you find a rebuttal to this quint article, please post here and tag me. appreciated.
Sadly I could find this only. So, I searched GDP data for selected countries myself. I have put links for data in my post.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sadly I could find this only. So, I searched GDP data for selected countries myself. I have put links for data in my post.
Query..
The U.S Numbers of -32.9% are advance estimate for Q2 and our released numbers are for Q1, both correspond to same April to June period?

am i missing something?

Samar Rathi

Country flag
Lots of old dead accounts are activated thinking this is the time for Congress to push it's dead horse, lets see how it goes.

I have seen many offensive political step from Congress and been failing continuously. FYI if you want to criticize Modi for Automobile sector then blame his BS6 policy which broke the automobile sector backbone.

Funny thing is coranavirus gave the time to work that so there is a solace in disaster.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Lots of old dead accounts are activated thinking this is the time for Congress to push it's dead horse, lets see how it goes.

I have seen many offensive political step from Congress and been failing continuously. FYI if you want to criticize Modi for Automobile sector then blame his BS6 policy which broke the automobile sector backbone.

Funny thing is coranavirus gave the time to work that so there is a solace in disaster.
Preparations for parliament session this month.

26/11

Country flag
Query..
The U.S Numbers of -32.9% are advance estimate for Q2 and our released numbers are for Q1, both correspond to same April to June period?

am i missing something?
Yes.
US financial year starts in January, so Q1 is Jan to March and Q2 is April to June.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
so will rupee continue to decline or appreciate long term? & are Indian stocks overvalued or undervalued?
Stock market is surely overvalued.
Rupee will appreciate in short term and long-term it depends on the whether we will be able to secure a role in global supply chain.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Oh really ? How will India achieve this magic figure of 6 trillion by 2026 ?

India was literally struggling to achieve 6% growth rate even before the pandemic and now you think India all of a sudden will achieve 9% year on year and miraculously double it's economy in mere 6 years ?

And finally a reminder,you job as a citizen is to critique the government and not be it's cheerleader.
Total nominal GDP growth includes inflation rate, currency appreciation/depreciation, sometimes formalisation and then real GDP growth rate. Obviously you are a noob to explain all those things in expanded form.

There is no issue being a critique or cheerleaders unless you are being same for the sake of being same.
Not entirely for all countries except US. Furthering, US had a GDP decline, India has been making comparison with same quarter of previous year. And this too for a quarter which was stalled by long lockdowns contrary to countries where either there wasn't any lockdown or wasn't strictly implemented.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Historian

The government works for the people. The people are the bosses. The bosses have every right to examine and critique the work of their employees--the government.

Modi and his administration need to enact some major economic reforms in order to improve the living standards of Indians. He has an overwhelming parliamentary majority so there is no good excuse to avoid them. Modi got elected on his promise to open up and reform India's economy but his reforms have nearly come to an end. What is the next major economic reform he plans to enact?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles