Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
NPCI has floated a new entity, NPCI International Ltd, to take UPI to global markets. NPCI has put in Rs 50 crore in its international subsidiary. They have been in conversation with a few banks to test a UPI kind of infra in UAE & SE Asian countries.

Bhurki

India auto industry performance

View attachment 56976
Losses are monumental to say the least..

Here's a few napkin calculations -

Average 2 wheeler price - 50,000
Loss in revenue - 2000 crore

Average 3 wheeler price - 175,000
Loss in revenue - 700 crore

Average Commercial vehicle price -12,00,000
Loss in revenue - 6000 crore

Average private vehicle (4 wh) price -650,000
Loss in revenue - 3500 crore

Average tractor price - 600,000
Gain in revenue - 1200 crore

Total loss to auto industry in July'20 wrt July'19 =
11,000 crore

Haldilal

Country flag
^
What happened to unquestionably Indian brands like Weston, Onida, Keltron, Keonics, Konark, ECTV, Murphy India et al? I realise this subject is the Ladakh border, but while we're on the issue of Indian made TVs ...
Onida now focusing on the Homes Appliance and Acs. Keltron exited the consumer electronics. Keonics also exited the Consumer Electronics. Others just vanished.

Bhurki

If anybody still thinks India is going to grow at a positive rate of growth this year, i want a bit of what you are smoking.

Knowitall

captscooby81

Country flag
Funny as per Adyar cancer institute chennai reported more cancer cases in TN in last 15 years compared to thoothukudi where this so called dangerous plant is located . The lack of leadership is clearly visible until Jayalalitha was there none of this protest type was successful including the famous protest against kudankulam nuclear plant she cracked it with brutal force . But once these clueless insecure new leadership came they were completely exploited by opposition and naxals first with jallikatu protest next again methane extraction and then again 8 lane high way and finally ending with brutal sterlite protest . I remember how propaganda was spread in instagram which even made educated behave like zombies and asking for closure of plant .

NGT found no violations even the state pollution control board has not found any violations still those 13 deaths in riots by naxals and the political fall out created by naxal media of DMK has made the current govt keep the plant shut .

Expect any progress to happen only after next TN state elections , till then no one in govt is going to risk opening the plant and looser their votes .

The Copper impact

A humble letter to Piyush Goyal

India needs to restart the Sterlite Copper Plant at all costs. India’s copper imports doubled within a year from 44,245 tonnes in 2017-18 to 92,290 tonnes in 2018-19 Biggest beneficiary: was the China & Pakistan. Environment Considerations can be addressed by laying down strict norms & timelines & monitoring by an empowered committee starlite Copper needs to must cooperate. Govt needs to fight it out sincerely in the court of law and crush the opposition with an iron hand. Displacement of few thousand people can't take precedence over a national interest. Relocation of the entire plant is also an option. At the same time Indian Copper production is to be protected from import. The Sterlite Copper has taken insurance of Fifty Crores rupees under Public Liability Insurance Act for Environment Protection.

Haldilal

Country flag

@Bhurki @Knowitall
I am not going to talk about the quarterly rate or growth it would be Halal for me Halaled in the name of the great Pika hu akbarr!

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

@Bhurki @Knowitall
I am not going to talk about the quarterly rate or growth it would be Halal for me Halaled in the name of the great Pika hu akbarr!
Mate might be too much to ask but what kind of business practices leads to this kind of situation that vidrocon and airtel are facing.

Knowitall

@Bhurki @Knowitall
No idea about what is going to happen to these companies and their impact on the country in general.

As I said can only speak for jon sector since I know a lot of people in that area.

Mind explaining this situation?

Haldilal

Country flag
Mate might be too much to ask but what kind of business practices leads to this kind of situation that vidrocon and airtel are facing.
In layman's terms the business world runs on connections. Bank connections is the most important of them alls in many parts of the world you make or break a business with the banks connection. Business not going well take a loan. Business going well take a loan for a expansion. Cant repay a loan take another loan to repay another loan. Everting revolves around banks. Videocon bad days comed with the emergence of the SK firms like Samsung and LG. Later they made many bad investments like Telecom and the DTH. Energy busines was the only assets worth to be named. But unable to generate any substantial profits. Take another loan to repay previous debt then the ICICI came in. And the rest is the history.

Haldilal

Country flag
In the form of the SK dramas I will say this you dont need money or idea. Just simple plain connections and hard works. Cet connections for funding. Get some smart Nibbiars with great ideas and start your business and work hard till you succeed. Juat plain hard work and some common sense and your business will prevail both the founders of the Videocon and the Bharti used the same old idea and succeeded.

Bhurki

In the form of the SK dramas I will say this you dont need money or idea. Just simple plain connections and hard works. Cet connections for funding. Get some smart Nibbiars with great ideas and start your business and work hard till you succeed. Juat plain hard work and some common sense and your business will prevail both the founders of the Videocon and the Bharti used the same old idea and succeeded.
You forgot the most important part.
That is, you should know how to get around the red tape and the bereaucracy that creates road blocks every now and then for budding sectors/industries.

Haldilal

Country flag
You forgot the most important part.
That is, you should know how to get around the red tape and the bereaucracy that creates road blocks every now and then for budding sectors/industries.
And you also need to knew how to finish off your competition completely either purchase it or completely destroy them.

Haldilal

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag
I am not fan of the realty stocks but they are doing fine for a week specially the Oberoi Reality.

The reason is plain and simple deferred new launches collected outsatnding from the completed projects so healthy Quarter sheets.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Materials used for solar fuel generation should be a good photovoltaic & remain stable in water. The material discovered satisfies both the criteria. This can bring conversion & storage within a single system, thereby lowering the cost/kWh of solar energy.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars BHEL won a deal of a total of 410 kWh Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) in three locality in Delhi. BHEL has a 1 MWh BESS at its R&D centre in Hyderabad. The system has three battery technologies: Li-ion, Advanced Lead-carbon & Flow batteries.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles