Indian Economy: News and Discussion

here2where

Now where is the cabal of left/liberal/activist/humanist
which swears for equality & humanity worldwide against such discriminatory bill to drive out huge population & rendering it jobless. Where are those circumcised-suckers who were few months back were complaining to the employers of Hindu working in ME promoting ezzlamophubia.
KL is facing a triple whammy in the short term - temple revenues at a historical low, huge cut down on expat remittances and lots of homies back home jobless.

IndianHawk

Country flag
any economy experts here...

I was checking Vietnam's trade numbers & GDP.
Trade(import + export) : 500 billion $ , surplus 11.2 billion $
GDP : 210 billion $

I always thought GDP is inclusive of trade numbers, is it not?
Trade is often expressed as percentage of gdp.
Gdp is value of all domestic production.

whatever value they add between importing and exporting will be added to their gdp.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Can someone please explain or provide a reliable reference (which explains in common man language) for how RBI earns Forex?
Also, I believe Govt. must be having a war chest. Is it different from this RBI's reserves? And, is there any info disclosed to public about how big is our war chest?

Thanks.
I think main driver are services export (software, BPO) and remittances. The merchandise deficit will also reduce if imports from China are curbed.

RBI issues forex to importers and government for meeting obligations abroad; and buys forex from exporters and from transfers of forex through banking channels.

Basically forex is no longer an issue for India. But tax revenue is still not in tune with the size of the economy as per capita income is still low for most people.

sorcerer

Country flag
India moves up a rank to become second-largest source of FDI for UK
India invested in 120 projects and created 5,429 new jobs in the UK to become the second-largest source of foreign direct investment (FDI) after the US in 2019, according to new UK government figures released on Friday.

India should use this clout for taming UKistan

DG7867

Country flag
any economy experts here...

I was checking Vietnam's trade numbers & GDP.
Trade(import + export) : 500 billion $ , surplus 11.2 billion $
GDP : 210 billion $

I always thought GDP is inclusive of trade numbers, is it not?
I suppose import is not part of GDP calculation, since imports comes under consumption..
According to this link, exports are around $25 bil

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I suppose import is not part of GDP calculation, since imports comes under consumption..
According to this link, exports are around $25 bil
25 billion $ for one month, aug 2019.

IndianHawk

Country flag
One more cheque for Reliance Jio Platform. Rs 730 Cr from Qualcomm. 13th cheque!! Rs 1,18,318.45 cr. And counting?

View attachment 52727

It's all inevitable. Tech Giants have seen china rising. They know India will be a much bigger market than USA in next 15-20 years. They are preparing to reap the Bonanza.

Govt must force data localization and should help domestic corporations to create alternative platforms to compete with foreign Giants.

This is time to set the house in order so that indians benefit first and most due to tremendous growth potential.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It's all inevitable. Tech Giants have seen china rising. They know India will be a much bigger market than USA in next 15-20 years. They are preparing to reap the Bonanza.

Govt must force data localization and should help domestic corporations to create alternative platforms to compete with foreign Giants.

This is time to set the house in order so that indians benefit first and most due to tremendous growth potential.
could be other way around too. mota bhai is eyeing U.S market...

IndianHawk

Country flag
could be other way around too. mota bhai is eyeing U.S market...
Mota Bhai is seeing a huge opportunity if west kicks out chinese firms . They will still need a cheap tech base like India to build all non core equipment for their 5g 6g network and consumer goods.

But even for mota Bhai it is clear in the long run India is the golden goose.

USA being world's largest economy is an anamoly created by colonisation which stopped growth in Asia artificially by draining resources and denying markets. So the next largest nation USA reaped all the benefits.

Now it's changing. Ultimately India and China both will be 3-4 times bigger economies than USA. That's the golden opportunity of centuries mota bhai won't miss.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
The government should do something on palm oil import issue

Palm oil consumption increased 230% in almost 2 decades, yet India imports most of it

Posted on 6th July 2018

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

lcafanboy

Country flag

Jio to take on Nokia, Ericsson on 5G tech

Jio Has Developed 5G Solution From Scratch": Mukesh Ambani

Jio Partners With Google to Develop Android-based Operating System for Affordable 4G, 5G Smartphones

This is HUGE... Our very own Desi Huawei.....😘😘

SKC

Country flag

Jio to take on Nokia, Ericsson on 5G tech

Jio Has Developed 5G Solution From Scratch": Mukesh Ambani

Jio Partners With Google to Develop Android-based Operating System for Affordable 4G, 5G Smartphones

This is HUGE... Our very own Desi Huawei.....😘😘
Jio has partnered with a Gurgaon based company to manufacture most of the 5G equipment (this is what they are claiming for long time Now).
Let's hope that company is actually making all equipment in India indigenously and with minimal raw material from cheen.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles