Indian Economy: News and Discussion

IndianHawk

Country flag
BSNL favors make in India for 4g tender.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Things like this shouldn't happen anymore.

Siemens buys Indian electrification company in $296 million deal

Demise of Flipkart was very sad, even more sad is small startup that are bought up by large companies.
Google got so big gobbling up small companies.
They are inevitable in a free market as we integrate more with western economies. We need to protect against Chinese takeovers not German investment.

We need that capital which can be used to create 10 more companies now. Our companies regularly buy companies in Europe and usa with tech and market share .

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
They are inevitable in a free market as we integrate more with western economies. We need to protect against Chinese takeovers not German investment.

We need that capital which can be used to create 10 more companies now. Our companies regularly buy companies in Europe and usa with tech and market share .
Yes that is inevitable but the least a government can do is set up a Robust Public Banking sector to help these comapnies with loans.
What I'm saying is, make a completely new government arm that deals with finances and appoint folks who are expert's in various industries.
Basically like a consultancy firm except its controlled by government. This arm will deal with everything industry related, from finance, land, labour to simple things such as environmental clearance.
Make the government institutions approachable to the private sector.
The way it is now government treats Public sector as its favourite and priavte sector like an adopted son that is left to fend for itself in this harsh world. Gov must understand that the private companies are also a national asset just like PSUs.

Craigs

Country flag

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Time to give a piece of my mind on Indian Economy thread. Indian Econmy thread is that venerable thread where the "projections of GDP of India" were made for 2035 and 2045 and what not, by many esteemed members here. It was amusing for me then (and a bit irritating too).
The outcomes though most of time surpassed projections and now seem to have even better outlook than one projected earlier.

I don't even want to talk on "semiconductors" here. Studied "Solid State Physics" and Integrated Circuits back in the day. India is that super-awesome country that produced electronics engineers without having a semiconductors industry :hehe:
India actually manufactures semiconductors in labs and research centres for military and space exploration. Capital for establishing a new manufacturing plant would require a massive billions and a period of long time when existing technology will go obsolete. It's a moving target essentially and reason why even Chinese phone are only assembled with 85% chips imported.
Achieving it isn't impossible but will be no less than a miracle either (will face foreign sabotages as well).

So, we can't predict timeline correctly and can only reckon our every attempt as road to success. Nonetheless, it will be a great day for India when done, as great as first nuclear test.

Hijibiji

Country flag
The outcomes though most of time surpassed projections and now seem to have even better outlook than one projected earlier.
Not going into the projections made on DFI for GDP of India in 2035 (with very long term outlook) in the past, I do not see Modi's target of 5 trillion dollar indian economy getting fulfilled by his target finishline (unless dollar itself changes its value). Not that any target must be attained (even under changed circumstances), having a target itself is an achievement.

People have their projections for next 30-35 years, I also have my projections for next 1500 years.

India actually manufactures semiconductors in labs and research centres for military and space exploration. Capital for establishing a new manufacturing plant would require a massive billions and a period of long time when existing technology will go obsolete. It's a moving target essentially and reason why even Chinese phone are only assembled with 85% chips imported.
Achieving it isn't impossible but will be no less than a miracle either (will face foreign sabotages as well).
That's why as a citizen of India, i wish to see GoI and indian people hit some sitting duck targets (like making dining table and toys in India). I neither expect myself nor anyone else to start hitting moving targets before hitting sitting targets ;)

So, we can't predict timeline correctly and can only reckon our every attempt as road to success. Nonetheless, it will be a great day for India when done, as great as first nuclear test.
Sure. I remember the nuclear test of 1998 (to be called the second after 1970's?)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Not going into the projections made on DFI for GDP of India in 2035 (with very long term outlook) in the past, I do not see Modi's target of 5 trillion dollar indian economy getting fulfilled by his target finishline (unless dollar itself changes its value). Not that any target must be attained (even under changed circumstances), having a target itself is an achievement.

People have their projections for next 30-35 years, I also have my projections for next 1500 years.
30-35 years isn't a that long term and ideal to predict state of an emerging economy.
Reliable timeline can even longer for a very poor country (provided it is relatively stable & growing like Nepal or Burma and not mess like Syria or Yemen) and will be shorter for matured and stagnant developed economies like or UK or France.

For the former two, nothing except an enormous disaster (like COVID pandemic) is going to affect their trajectory. Momentum by rising demands, expanding industries, useful demographic dividend and improving economic complexities aren't likely to hit any roadblock all of a sudden (30-35 years is meaning of sudden here in essence).
That's why as a citizen of India, i wish to see GoI and indian people hit some sitting duck targets (like making dining table and toys in India). I neither expect myself nor anyone else to start hitting moving targets before hitting sitting targets ;)
Hitting the sitting before moving is an outdated and obsolete response, ignorant to the level of "Why not pull out people from poverty completely before starting scientific researches?"

Why not both simultaneously? Sitting targets are a different context as not national capabilities but geopolitical factors have bigger role there.

Hijibiji

Country flag
Hitting the sitting before moving is an outdated and obsolete response, ignorant to the level of "Why not pull out people from poverty completely before starting scientific researches?"

Why not both simultaneously? Sitting targets are a different context as not national capabilities but geopolitical factors have bigger role there.
Baba, I did not ask anybody NOT to try to hit the moving target. You guys are already there for doing that. I am more concerned about the guys who can make dining table and toys.

I said this:
"I neither expect myself nor anyone else to start hitting moving targets before hitting sitting targets ;)"

I talked about my own expectations from myself and other people. I did NOT comment on what other PEOPLE expected from themselves and anyone else!!!

Why not both simultaneously?

Yeah, yeah, have been there, done that. Why the exclusiveness of OR and not the inclusiveness of AND, right? Yeah, so let's stop this intellectual discussion here with me AND you are of course free to proceed with normal regular posts.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Labor laws are shitty and need a lots of improvements. Rather than making laws to pay PF, bonus etc. , Minimum wages should be increased. Relieve contractors from all jargon. Make them pay more to labors. Make it compulsory to take their term plan and mediclaims. Do not indulge them in so many other compliance.

Labors have to migrate to cities as farming is not viable. They should be made to learn farming to maximize production in most cost effective way. Fruit plantation and timber tree plantation should have be the thrust area.
Corporate Jesus, Mr. Premji has spoken, and we must listen. He is a very respectful man, probably a gem to our country.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Baba, I did not ask anybody NOT to try to hit the moving target. You guys are already there for doing that. I am more concerned about the guys who can make dining table and toys.

I said this:
"I neither expect myself nor anyone else to start hitting moving targets before hitting sitting targets ;)"

I talked about my own expectations from myself and other people. I did NOT comment on what other PEOPLE expected from themselves and anyone else!!!

Why not both simultaneously?

Yeah, yeah, have been there, done that. Why the exclusiveness of OR and not the inclusiveness of AND, right? Yeah, so let's stop this intellectual discussion here with me AND you are of course free to proceed with normal regular posts.
Both targets fall in two different pathways. Obviously, I'm not gonna make my battalion which is hitting harder path to stop working so that my battalion hitting easier path wins.

I can't provide any better interpretation of your logical fallacy of "do easy" first which is a different context and problem in itself.

I'm not trying to judge what you think about others anyway.

Hijibiji

Country flag
Both targets fall in two different pathways. Obviously, I'm not gonna make my battalion which is hitting harder path to stop working so that my battalion hitting easier path wins.

I can't provide any better interpretation of your logical fallacy of "do easy" first which is a different context and problem in itself.

I'm not trying to judge what you think about others anyway.
If you are under the impression that I am looking for your interpretations, i am afraid- that's NOT the case.

However, it's a forum and you can interpret anything under the sun here. Just one request. Don't quote me anymore. I will anyway put you on my ignore list.

I hope this does not violate any forum rules or policies?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Don't quote me anymore. I will anyway put you on my ignore list.

I hope this does not violate any forum rules or policies?
It doesn't, feel free to avoid me.

I am not very positive about accuracy of your PoV anyway that you are this resistant to debates.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles