Indian Economy: News and Discussion

IndianHawk

Country flag
Of the 100 billion USD, significant part will be due to import of parts for phones. Assuming 30% indigenisation of parts by value and 100% Indigenous labour, we would still need $40 Billion dollar of imports for $100 billion exports
Indigenation by parts in already much higher than 30%. We make printed circuit board, camera module , finger print sensor etc.

The imported contents are processors , camera sensor ( Sony or Samsung) and memory. ( Ram and storage) .

So part wise indigenation will rise to 60-70 %
By value it maybe 30-40% though.

Anyway we will match Chinese margins sooner.

Next big coup is to get into ram and rom manufacturing taking advantage of Japan - Korea dispute. And ofcourse we need to invest in silicon manufacturing big time .

Then we can have almost whole ecosystem for electronic manufacturing.

Sent from my C103 using Tapatalk

Vijyes

For now, we are able to make everything except critical semiconductor chips. Mobile manufacturing in India isn't about assembly anymore, we make accessroies to LED screens.
We don't yet make things like Motherboard (it is integrated with CPU in mobiles). So, we still have some things to build. Even LED screens are not yet made fully in India as of now, though Chinese companies have agreed to set up manufacturing plants for them.

Moreover, these chipsets, RAM, Flash memory, Motherboard accounts for 60% of cost.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
We don't yet make things like Motherboard (it is integrated with CPU in mobiles). So, we still have some things to build. Even LED screens are not yet made fully in India as of now, though Chinese companies have agreed to set up manufacturing plants for them.

Moreover, these chipsets, RAM, Flash memory, Motherboard accounts for 60% of cost.
I agree, but we make a great share in numbers. The left part belongs to highest end hence accounts for most of cost.

Vijyes

Indigenation by parts in already much higher than 30%. We make printed circuit board, camera module , finger print sensor etc.

The imported contents are processors , camera sensor ( Sony or Samsung) and memory. ( Ram and storage) .

So part wise indigenation will rise to 60-70 %
By value it maybe 30-40% though.

Anyway we will match Chinese margins sooner.

Next big coup is to get into ram and rom manufacturing taking advantage of Japan - Korea dispute. And ofcourse we need to invest in silicon manufacturing big time .

Then we can have almost whole ecosystem for electronic manufacturing.

This RAM & ROM are also semiconductor based. There is a reason why the memory of RAM or flash drives are increasing rapidly. The reducing sizeof semiconductor nodes increase the number of ICs in memory and hence increase memory. All of this is part of the same problem - semiconductor.

IndianHawk

Country flag

Aren't printed circuit boards act as motherboard of smartphone?

Last I read PCB add to 50% of phones value !

Foxconn and Samsung have been assembling PCB in India since 2018 . Back then PCB assembly lifted Indian value addition from 10 to 15% single handedly. ( Of value).

Today it should have gone lot further .

Haldiram

Country flag
NBCC slips 14%, nears five-year low

the possibility of government pressure to acquire more sick companies in future are the key risks for the company

It was a debt-free company with a clean balance sheet. Milard forced it to acquire 2 sick companies in a week (minus the funds required to complete the project) and ruined its entire balance sheet.

#ThanksMilard. Aise hi logon ka nuksaan karte raho. There was an expectation that when a new project is handed over, either a government body will allot some funds for its completion or allow NBCC to auction the builder's assets to raise money. It seems Milard actually wants NBCC to use its own funds to complete the projects.

@indiatester

Last edited:

Haldiram

Country flag
Rising price of gold boosts central bank's forex reserves coffers

According to the RBI’s forex reserves data, put out every week, its foreign currency reserves in end-June was $400 billion. On August 2, it fell marginally to $399 billion, according to data released on Friday.

In the same period, however, the gold reserves increased $2.2 billion to a total of $25.16 billion.

Total forex reserves, including all assets, were $427.68 billion in June-end. It increased by only $1.27 billion as of August 2.

MrPresident

Country flag
One of my Frd suggested to look into NBCC, as they are getting project from other companies. Always had a doubt, customers have already paid and govt wont be funding it then where else the money would come from?

So never bought. First time proud of my decision regarding rejecting a stock :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Haldiram

Country flag
One of my Frd suggested to look into NBCC, as they are getting project from other companies. Always had a doubt, customers have already paid and govt wont be funding it then where else the money would come from?

So never bought. First time proud of my decision regarding rejecting a stock :biggrin2::biggrin2:
Company is no-doubt a good enterprise. It's the only gormint company that runs like a corporate with a 'lean startup' philosophy. In 2008 they had around 2800 employees. 10 years later, they have actually reduced their employees to 1900, which is contrary to how most gormint companies behave. NBCC takes upfront 10% commissions for the consultation they provide, so no raw material related costs are incurred. Profit in 2008 was 125cr, while 2018 was 500cr. Forget about the stock price; The intrinsic profits itself have 5X-ed in 10 years. The stock price went 20X in 10 years. It's a sarkari multibagger.

They merged 2-3 banks into SBI but also infused funds to clean the NPAs. There's a thick chance that they will do that with NBCC post merger with other sick PSUs like EPIL, HSCC. The template is to kill the bad PSUs, merge the remnants with a good PSU, then infuse money to help it stand on its feet. Could be a contrarian value buy.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
What absurdity! Urea is key fertiliser. Without it there will be famine. How do you think agriculture is booming for last 40 years if soil quality is declining? Soil quality decline can be reversed by adding some other basic chemical.
You say this because you don't know anything about the development in the field of natural and organic farming.

Vijyes

You say this because you don't know anything about the development in the field of natural and organic farming.
I know a lot. The problem with organic farming is that too much manure is needed which is difficult to obtain. Cows fed from grass of 10 hectare field produces enough manure to fertilise only 5-7 hectare. Rest 30-50% won't have enough manure

MrPresident

Country flag
Did I hear it right in Reliance AGM, they alone are getting 75 billion of FDI from Ummah s leader?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Deathstar

Country flag
Did I hear it right in Reliance AGM, they alone are getting 75 billion of FDI from Ummah s leader?

Mohammad Bin Salman has trillion of dollars to invest and to diversify Saudi wealth , he is buying 20% stake in Reliance refinery i guess

Vijyes

I think RIL is getting 20% of $75 billion. RIL is only selling 20% stake in one subsidiary. It can't have value of $375 billion (20% of 375 is 75)

MrPresident

Country flag
That message was in sarcastic tone showing big number. Btw it is a 15 billion + 1 billion (BP stake sell) dollars coming in, I watched the whole of AGM as loyal share holder :biggrin2::biggrin2:.

Yaa FDI was not an appropriate term, never the less dollars coming in is a good news and can be sure that Saudi would kick pakis in the nuts when push comes to shove.

Looks like Wajahat Khan is the first victim :p

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-20-of-refining-to-saudis-at-75-billion-value

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I know a lot. The problem with organic farming is that too much manure is needed which is difficult to obtain. Cows fed from grass of 10 hectare field produces enough manure to fertilise only 5-7 hectare. Rest 30-50% won't have enough manure
No it is not. You certainly don't know a lot or even a little. 1 cow is sufficient to make 30 acre land fertile and you can feed 25 cows from 1 acre land even from an area of 4pc of a land by certain techniques.

Vijyes

No it is not. You certainly don't know a lot or even a little. 1 cow is sufficient to make 30 acre land fertile and you can feed 25 cows from 1 acre land even from an area of 4pc of a land by certain techniques.
I hope you understand that the cow eats the grasses grown on land. How can cow give more manure than the grass it eats? Since the manure must always be less than what is eaten, how can cow fertilise more area than what it needs for consumption?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I hope you understand that the cow eats the grasses grown on land. How can cow give more manure than the grass it eats? Since the manure must always be less than what is eaten, how can cow fertilise more area than what it needs for consumption?
What you don't understand is that not same or more quantity of manure is required to produce the grass or other farm product of same quantity. You can produce tons of grass from kilos of manure.

Vijyes

What you don't understand is that not same or more quantity of manure is required to produce the grass or other farm product of same quantity. You can produce tons of grass from kilos of manure.
But the essential nutrients of manure is what matters. The carbon part is useless. We need N-P-K part. How can manure have more of these than consumed? Some amount of N-P-K will become inactive too due to chemical change in cow's stomach or partial digestion. So, it will become slightly less potent and will need some time for decay and replenishment

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles