Indian Economy: News and Discussion

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Then stop calling names and do something about him you think you can replace him then why dont you run against him next to next year and win the top job
Let them call names this shows how frustrated they are. Calling names can come from other side too, actually worse, but then these cowards don't want to be quoted back.

Every time you show them the facts against what they suck from NDTV and BBC they feel offended.

GST has slow down the economy for this Q. The same GST they would have danced if passed by Congress-I with same slow down effect for few Qs.

hit&run

Mod
Congi Logic.

Modi should have cleaned away the Black Money right there and then.

The money would have come back eventually, the real work is already in progress as thousands of people are being served notices and called in for tea and coffee by IT.

hit&run

Mod
De-stocking by Industry Caused Drop in Growth in Q1: Jaitley

Make sense, business were de-stocking to start afresh with new rates in place. The point to be noted that service sector witnessed growth.

Now if Modi dared to do Labour reforms before upcoming elections the market will be hit with another slump because Labour Cost may rise.

Given how stagnation of Status Quo has paralysed this nation and reaction of those who otherwise talk about change and reform I see no such movement happening in that direction.

I remember watching proceeding of Australian parliament where PM Kevin Rudd made a great speech on how difficult decisions should be made for long term benefits.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
anyways since it is considered the standard, i'd say corruption and lack of proper regulatory mechanism is the also a reason for low business ranking.
And to that I would like to add that Industrial laws are not amended. The foreign industry brings its own norms and conditions which contradicts the Indian law.

Other is the land acquisition which you have already mentioned in regard of nearness to the port.

In a nutshell these problems have a very easy solution. Even the members here can produce a report how to solve such issues. But the ministers use their brains more on elections than work in their respected ministries.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Credit borrowing rate is lowest and industrial growth is negative. Industrial optimization is not the case . It is actual GDP that has shrunk.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
And to that I would like to add that Industrial laws are not amended. The foreign industry brings its own norms and conditions which contradicts the Indian law.

Other is the land acquisition which you have already mentioned in regard of nearness to the port.

In a nutshell these problems have a very easy solution. Even the members here can produce a report how to solve such issues. But the ministers use their brains more on elections than work in their respected ministries.
ministers usually don't solve any problems, it's the IAS babus who are usually the problem solvers. ministers just take their cut and sign the file.

once it comes into babu domains, kharcha paani problem starts again. mid and low level corruption is very much alive and kicking.

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
There wont be alternative to modi so long as ------- bhakths keep sucking ------- no matter how bad a policy he implements
:truestory:

And it is so cute when -------------- talk about facts as if facts are on their site. Fact- indian GDP fell to a growth rate of 5.7% in 2017 from projected 8% in 2015 thanks to demonetization and GST. Mentally Masturbating to GST and demonetization because of ---------- level of economic understanding from brothelwood movies like ------ bhakths are doing is not fact based argument :nod:
On this forum, all the Modi-haters I see are either secular ------ morons, or just simply ------morons. And this analogy can be taken to Modi haters in general too, yes goat------s are of a different breed altogether.
Coming to facts, well, your understanding of economics is of pappu class (even if you are not his fan/supporter). So, will put some stats, not sure how much dimwits would understand, nevertheless, here you go -
CORE SECTOR
The eight core sectors grew 2.4 per cent in July compared with 0.8 per cent in June led by a favourable base effect for steel, cement, fertilisers and electricity. Electricity generation accelerated to 5.4 per cent in July from 2.2 per cent in June, reflecting a favourable base effect, as well as some improvement in industrial demand after GST took effect.

Natural gas output rose 6.6 per cent in July while steel production and power generation rose 9.2 per cent and 5.4 per cent , respectively. The production of crude oil declined 0.5 per cent , refinery products 2.7 per cent , fertiliser 0.3 per cent and cement 2 per cent , showing mixed trends for industrial production in July.
Source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...e-quarter-a-year-ago/articleshow/60309685.cms
Now mate, these () are post-GST facts, but then who cares, right? Will take facts only which helps you with your anti-Modi rants.
India grew at almost 8% and would have sped past it too by now, but certain measures were necessary for achieving long term growth. The cash:GDP ratio was too high. the indirect taxes ('tax raj') had to be removed (combined into one, thus GST) and 2-3 quarter's growth had to be sacrificed for achieving and sustaining long term growth.

I will prefer L&T, Tata,bharat forge,Mahendra .

But these 2 Gujaratis r conmen their wealth is build upon corrupt practices.
Sorry, for bursting your anti-Modi agenda, but here are answers for your rants.
Fresh from winning its biggest defense contract in May, Larsen & Toubro Ltd. is planning to bid for $28 billion of orders including warships and submarines in India as Prime Minister Narendra Modi breaks with tradition to embrace private, local suppliers.
India’s new defense purchase policy that allows non-state local firms to compete for orders from the military is helping the nation’s biggest engineering firm to become more ambitious, Jayant Patil, head of Larsen’s defense business, said in an interview. The company is building on its success with a $700 million order for artillery guns in May, unprecedented in size for a local contractor, he said.
Oh, oh...... now, waiting for you to describe that Modi is favoring L&T as they are considering to become Gujarati's.

Mod Edit: Original quote and current quote modified to remove unnecessary words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
GDP growth rate decline is always worrisome. Subsequent quarters will reveal whether its a one-off cost of GST or something more fundamental.

There wont be alternative to modi so long as ----- bhakths keep sucking ----- no matter how bad a policy he implements

And it is so cute when ---------- talk about facts as if facts are on their site. Fact- indian GDP fell to a growth rate of 5.7% in 2017 from projected 8% in 2015 thanks to demonetization and GST. Mentally Masturbating to GST and demonetization because of -------------y level of economic understanding from brothelwood movies like Dimwit bhakths are doing is not fact based argument :nod:
So its the bhakts fault that there is no viable alternative to Modi? How utterly retarded. If you are representative of the opposition, no wonder BJP feels it can sail through.

Mod Edit: Removed Unnecessary words from quoted post.

charlie

Country flag
There wont be alternative to modi so long as +--- bhakths keep sucking ----- no matter how bad a policy he implements

And it is so cute when --------- talk about facts as if facts are on their site. Fact- indian GDP fell to a growth rate of 5.7% in 2017 from projected 8% in 2015 thanks to demonetization and GST. Mentally Masturbating to GST and demonetization because of -------level of economic understanding from brothelwood movies like -----bhakths are doing is not fact based argument :nod:
Ya I can clear understand your level of understanding when it comes to economy. What happened to civilized way of discussing things ?

https://www.pressreader.com/india/the-hindu-business-line/20170619/281479276408318

If you are interested in economy read about implementation of Canada's GST.

Mod Edit: Removed abuse/ unnecessary words from quoted post.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
This thread is for economy news and discussion not for bullshit fights on politics and other.
@sayareakd Please clean the thread.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Credit borrowing rate is lowest and industrial growth is negative. Industrial optimization is not the case . It is actual GDP that has shrunk.
Putting the cart before the horse??
Rates were reduced because demonetization enabled huge deposit in banks and thus provide lending power.

Then GST disruption led to de - stocking and a pause on further production since would be price of goods was uncertain!!

IndianHawk

Country flag
http://m.economictimes.com/industry...-from-korea-to-india/articleshow/60316013.cms

Hyundai to shift Verna production from Korea to India.

Here some good news after the bad day of yesterday. Low GDP , pslv setback etc.

This Hyundai factory will export globally too. This also shows progress on foreign firms set up in India .

What I like about this news that they are not shifting plant from third country to India but shifting it from Korea itself. This means Hyundai believes it can achieve similar level of efficiency and quality in India as they do in Korea.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
This thread is for economy news and discussion not for bullshit fights on politics and other.
@sayareakd Please clean the thread.
Removed the abusive words.
It is quite difficult to read all posts and posts that quote original abusive post and then remove abusive words, so it would be great help if you report the specific abusive posts.

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
Removed the abusive words.
It is quite difficult to read all posts and posts that quote original abusive post and then remove abusive words, so it would be great help if you report the specific abusive posts.
My apologies, I shouldn't have gotten into the ditch, just because he did, to prove my point

IndianHawk

Country flag
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...-in-august-as-orders-bounce-back-2375175.html

The rebound suggests that India's economic growth rate, which unexpectedly slipped to three-year low of 5.7 percent in the April-June quarter from a year ago, may also improve in the current quarter.

The Nikkei/Markit Manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index rose more than three points to 51.2 in August from 47.9 in July, beating the median economist forecast of 49.3 in a Reuters poll. A reading above 50 indicates expansion.

That was the biggest one-month jump in 5-1/2 years.
The latest PMI business survey showed both the output and new orders sub-indexes nudged back into expansionary territory, pushing the pace of hiring to the highest in almost 4-1/2 years.

"All sub-sectors posted substantial recoveries, with capital goods outperforming its consumer and intermediate goods counterparts regarding growth rates for production," noted De Lima in the report.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
My apologies, I shouldn't have gotten into the ditch, just because he did, to prove my point
If I have missed any, do report and me or some mod available will do the needful.
-------------------------------------------------------
It would be best to keep political discussions out of a generic 'economy' thread.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles