Indian Economy: News and Discussion

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Can anyone tell me that what effect would be on gdp if our currency grows very at higher pace.
Currently 1 ruppee=0.088 chinese yuan and is growing and would soon outpace.
Does that means anything for our economy,is China growth slowing down
P.s-I am ultra noob in economy so spare me.
GDP nominal will increase in the same proportion of currency appreciation. For example, if INR strengths against USD by 5%, India's GDP nominal will rise by 5%. Any rise or fall in GDP because of economic activity is separate. I am just talking about the effect of strengthening or weakening of currency and its impact on GDP.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Inflation + Currency appreciation helped them to elevate GDP at double of real GDP growth rate.

In India's case, currency depreciation kept our profile low.
And that happened by and large due to trade deficite. Last year, we had a very tiny trade deficite. This year can be a trade surplus year. I expect INR to strengthen consistently fron FY 2023.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Really?
1949-1980 military confrontation with Taiwan backed by USA;
1950-1952 Korean war;
1964 - 1973 Vietnam war;
1989 - 1999 economic and military sanction against China for TianAnMen event;
2012 - 2016 Asia pivot;
2018 - present trade war;

Basically, there were only very few period, China was in a good relationship with West. Most of time, they were either disputing or fighting.

No, Chinese didn't play the game on easy mode, instead they had been one of the big gamblers in history: they took huge risk and they received big rewards.

On the contrast, it was India has been playing easy mode: minimum risk, slowly growth.

What support? Do you call the normal business investment as "support"?
Well, then Chinese can say they are supporting West countries who are trying to destroy her. After all, these so called "support" brings enormous economic returns to West.
Growth of either India and China has nothing to do with stupid wars or mao and ccp stupid revolution.

Growth happened in china when it bow down to usa and opened economy in 1978. India growth picked stream in 1991 after market reforms.

angryIndian

Country flag
This is typical rant we have been hearing for decades. You are simply neglecting all the progress made. India has lifted millions out of poverty .

Just using a temporary pandemic situation to paint a picture is not germane. Entire world has suffered the consequences of this pandemic.

How India actually fared can only be known after sensational news ends and sober analysis of excess death toll is done.

Unemployment out of this temporary factories are already opening up and we will be facing shortage of manpower soon enough.
IT companies are already forced to give double hikes because competition for talent has already become fierce.
escaped from poverty into what ? Statistics is a great tool to fiddle around with. Indeed a lot of people have escaped poverty but not into prosperity, rather into a state of vulnerability where they risk falling back into poverty incase of a major crisis. This is what we are witnessing right now.

And you made me laugh with your unemployment statement.Job opportunities are next to none and salaried jobs are a distant dream for the majority.
I am from engineering and manufacturing sector,the very sector that the government is trying to prop up with make in India dream .let me show you the mirror of reality.
Most companies are not looking at mass hiring .Rather they are actively seeking to replace men with machines where ever possible.AI enabled machines which are being deployed in large numbers will ultimately end not just repetitive jobs but those jobs that requires human supervision.
Therefore the government's dream of shifting the huge surplus agricultural labour force to industries will remain a pipedream.
On the top most companies love to hoodwink the system. Amongst the few people they do hire mostly consist of contractual workers and apprentices, most of whom are paid little above daily wage labourers and with scant employment benefits.

Neverthless jobs are still being created but is simply not enough to keep up with the growing population.

No body is hungry despite whole nation on lockdown for almost a year now. Food is flowing freely. Health system was overwhelmed for while and is now improving very fast. Infrastructure is being build at speeds never seen before both in health sector and transport sector.
Is this supposed to be a joke ? have you looked at India's performance in global hunger index ? Perhaps you didn't realize that 70% of India lives in villages,have you ever looked at the dilapidated conditions there?
In the previous statement i talked about primary care,do you know what it means ? It's the shear lack of healthcare workers,doctors,medical and sanitary equipment because of which many people needlessly have to die from easily preventable causes.
Had India concentrated on primary healthcare instead of building apollo and fortis for the rich,it would have seen low infant and maternal mortality rates and certainly fewer dying of lack of beds and oxygen supply .

In Contemporary India so called bimaru states have now learnt to spend on infrastructure that is why UP is all covered by expressways and bihar is building bridges after bridges everywhere . While old leaders like benagl and tamilnadu are stagnant due to excessive regional politics and parochial views.
Even pakistan has one of the best expressways in South Asia which was built by south korea but still the country is a laggard in socio economic development.
So don't be under an impression that building roads and bridges alone will solve the issues.What UP and Bihar needs is a comprehensive socio economic development because as i said before those roads have no meaning if a woman is unable to travel freely even in daylight conditions.
And i sincerely hope BIMARU states develop and maybe beat TN and WB because their constant underdevelopment is pulling India back.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
escaped from poverty into what ? Statistics is a great tool to fiddle around with. Indeed a lot of people have escaped poverty but not into prosperity, rather into a state of vulnerability where they risk falling back into poverty incase of a major crisis. This is what we are witnessing right now.

And you made me laugh with your unemployment statement.Job opportunities are next to none and salaried jobs are a distant dream for the majority.
I am from engineering and manufacturing sector,the very sector that the government is trying to prop up with make in India dream .let me show you the mirror of reality.
Most companies are not looking at mass hiring .Rather they are actively seeking to replace men with machines where ever possible.AI enabled machines which are being deployed in large numbers will ultimately end not just repetitive jobs but those jobs that requires human supervision.
Therefore the government's dream of shifting the huge surplus agricultural labour force to industries will remain a pipedream.
On the top most companies love to hoodwink the system. Amongst the few people they do hire mostly consist of contractual workers and apprentices, most of whom are paid little above daily wage labourers and with scant employment benefits.

Neverthless jobs are still being created but is simply not enough to keep up with the growing population.

Is this supposed to be a joke ? have you looked at India's performance in global hunger index ? Perhaps you didn't realize that 70% of India lives in villages,have you ever looked at the dilapidated conditions there?
In the previous statement i talked about primary care,do you know what it means ? It's the shear lack of healthcare workers,doctors,medical and sanitary equipment because of which many people needlessly have to die from easily preventable causes.
Had India concentrated on primary healthcare instead of building apollo and fortis for the rich,it would have seen low infant and maternal mortality rates and certainly fewer dying of lack of beds and oxygen supply .

Even pakistan has one of the best expressways in South Asia which was built by south korea but still the country is a laggard in socio economic development.
So don't be under an impression that building roads and bridges alone will solve the issues.What UP and Bihar needs is a comprehensive socio economic development because as i said before those roads have no meaning if a woman is unable to travel freely even in daylight conditions.
And i sincerely hope BIMARU states develop and maybe beat TN and WB because their constant underdevelopment is pulling India back.
Just google the infrastructure development rank of India, China and PakShitstan.

IndianHawk

Country flag

You are cynical and perhaps sick. I won't waste anymore time on your meaningless rants.
Good bye.

shade

Country flag
You are cynical and perhaps sick. I won't waste anymore time on your meaningless rants.
Good bye.
Nope, he is a textbook librandu and peddles his agenda on this thread once in two weeks.
If you are bored of giving him a verbal thrashing every now and then, add him to ignore list.
It is no use casting pearls before swine.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

So what should we do? Stop growing which according to you is best solution to solve the problem of poverty?

IndianHawk

Country flag
Meanwhile
Prosperity continues to build up.

India has a new unicorn. Means multiple people become millionaires. Thousands of people become upper middle class with just one companies success.

That too in manufacturing space.

India is producing unicorns ( more than 1 billion dollars valuation) at a very rapid rate.

This rapid industrialization and financial expansion is key to become upper middile income economy.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Good bye.
According to him Pakistan’s infra is better than India with a LPI Rank of 122, India’s Infra is poor at 44th LPI rank and China’s infra is da best in da wurld with 26th LPI rank.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I have been tracking pm awas yojna to see progress. Dashboard says over 48 lakh homes have been build under the scheme.

As in poor families there are more people per household 4-5 atleast. This means 2 crore + indians now have proper concrete houses thanks to pm awas.
Total target is 1.2 crore homes by 2022.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I have been tracking pm awas yojna to see progress. Dashboard says over 48 lakh homes have been build under the scheme.

As in poor families there are more people per household 4-5 atleast. This means 2 crore + indians now have proper concrete houses thanks to pm awas.
Total target is 1.2 crore homes by 2022.
More are being built , one near my home , really large complex compared to older version

IndianHawk

Country flag
More are being built , one near my home , really large complex compared to older version
In my city entire area of jhuggis is now converted into concrete houses. Haven't seen so many houses being built together.

This is great infrastructure build up for nation. It will save precious money for lower classes to invest in education skills and business.

Not to mention aayushman bharat which is saving medical bills for 40 crore indians .

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
In my city entire area of jhuggis is now converted into concrete houses. Haven't seen so many houses being built together.

This is great infrastructure build up for nation. It will save precious money for lower classes to invest in education skills and business.

Not to mention aayushman bharat which is saving medical bills for 40 crore indians .
Which city ?

sauntheninja

Country flag
And the biggest risk they took is what will cost them the most.
I hope CCP has planned well to achieve all it's geopolitical goals in next 20 years.
they are the second largest economy today and are poised to surpass usa gdp this decade other countries can keep bickering but they will still want to trade with them

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles