Indian Economy: News and Discussion

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
Perhaps that is why those 65 year plans are scrapped and Planning commission is dissolved. India is a very huge and complex country with multiple problems. That is why many innovations, many ideas and efforts at multiple level is required. Those who have the better understanding of the issue can deal with it in a better way. We have dealt with hunger poverty very effectively and now we are in a stage of developing country beyond hunger poverty such as providing them with houses, electricity, Medical facilities and cooking gas etc.
Have you ever seen where the anna yojana's 1 kg rice goes? The poor don't get shit. Only 1 out of my 5 maids got the rice for real. Getting a BPL card means paying under the table, and these people already don't have money. Most of the time, it goes to the local corporator or bigshot, who sells it at a higher price. However, cooking gas seems to be done right, don't know exact reason.

Planning Commission was absolute shit. A bunch of babus hanging at Delhi Club, thinking about the hot chick across the bar, and thinking about the nation once in a while. NITI Aayog is much better. I honestly believe that NITI Aayog should be given statutory powers of some kind, instead of being an advisory body.

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
They will either increase tax or add some new kind of tax.
Middle class is the cow that keeps on giving revenue obediently.
I don't think so. Though the middle class is, as you aptly described, a cow, they need to increase demand this time to encourage foreign investors to invest here, either in a desi company or as a JV. However, import taxes will probably be raised, IF the GoI feels that local manufacturing has capability. Electronic components will definitely get a tax hike though. Maaaaybe, on mobile phones as well, along with car components. If you are on the stock market, invest in Motherson or electronic component manufacturers.

shade

Country flag
I don't think so. Though the middle class is, as you aptly described, a cow, they need to increase demand this time to encourage foreign investors to invest here, either in a desi company or as a JV. However, import taxes will probably be raised, IF the GoI feels that local manufacturing has capability. Electronic components will definitely get a tax hike though. Maaaaybe, on mobile phones as well, along with car components. If you are on the stock market, invest in Motherson or electronic component manufacturers.
Yes they will hike import taxes on the usual suspects.
In terms of parts they seem to be specifically targeting the compressors used in ACs and Fridges.
Ofc this part is imported from China because it's the cheapest from there, and making it here would be expensive at the start.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
Wot. If the UK held Saudi's ass, then why the fuck would they be collapsing like a House of Cards now? They could have used that oil money and saved their asses.

Any and all investment must be allowed. However, the conversion of any particular industry solely to foreign owned is dangerous. A JV or setting up a factory here is da besht. Acquiring companies is also okay but to a limit of 26% in the ecosystem.

People all off a sudden seem to be getting more protectionist, while we should be going hardcore capitalist. I know a dude who is a senior executive in a massive American Automaker. Acc to him, companies are moving at least 35-40% of their companies' production to India from China. Even in his company, he pitched hard for moving several prod centers to near BLR for their company. Desis in higher exec positions abroad are returning the favor to their homeland, but waits to be seen whether they are truly loyal or not.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Can someone explain crypto currency and why it is recommended to invest in it coz its value keeps increasing hence anyone can become rich right? It will be better if we have our own crypto, as it will be a game changer for Make in India and Atma Nirbhar bharat as payments of it can’t be used internationally and if all crypto prices keep increasing then Indians might become rich. Maybe I’m a boomer in crypto, pls don’t laugh and correct me where I’m wrong.

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
Can someone explain crypto currency and why it is recommended to invest in it coz its value keeps increasing hence anyone can become rich right? It will be better if we have our own crypto, as it will be a game changer for Make in India and Atma Nirbhar bharat as payments of it can’t be used internationally and if all crypto prices keep increasing then Indians might become rich. Maybe I’m a boomer in crypto, pls don’t laugh and correct me where I’m wrong.
Crypto is hated by Central Govts throughout the world for two reasons: a) Unlike FIAT currency, or aam curency like chillar, notes, etc, crypto can't be controlled. Fixed amount, and no matter what gormint does, the value can't be changed. b) Illegal activities are rampant due to blockchain not allowing you to figure out who did what transaction other than the two involved in the transaction. Terrorists can easily fuck you. Govt can manipulate currency(due to India's manipulation, we are able to remain an exporting country, or we would have died).

Plus, crypto is highly volatile. Susceptible to a 51% attack. Only those with electricity(high amounts) will become rich due to mining, etc. Don't invest in crypto, unless you are investing in doge coin. That shit is just going up, up, up right now.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Crypto is hated by Central Govts throughout the world for two reasons: a) Unlike FIAT currency, or aam curency like chillar, notes, etc, crypto can't be controlled. Fixed amount, and no matter what gormint does, the value can't be changed. b) Illegal activities are rampant due to blockchain not allowing you to figure out who did what transaction other than the two involved in the transaction. Terrorists can easily fuck you. Govt can manipulate currency(due to India's manipulation, we are able to remain an exporting country, or we would have died).

Plus, crypto is highly volatile. Susceptible to a 51% attack. Only those with electricity(high amounts) will become rich due to mining, etc. Don't invest in crypto, unless you are investing in doge coin. That shit is just going up, up, up right now.
Why crypto prices go up and down and how?

sauntheninja

Country flag
Wot. If the UK held Saudi's ass, then why the fuck would they be collapsing like a House of Cards now? They could have used that oil money and saved their asses.

Any and all investment must be allowed. However, the conversion of any particular industry solely to foreign owned is dangerous. A JV or setting up a factory here is da besht. Acquiring companies is also okay but to a limit of 26% in the ecosystem.

People all off a sudden seem to be getting more protectionist, while we should be going hardcore capitalist. I know a dude who is a senior executive in a massive American Automaker. Acc to him, companies are moving at least 35-40% of their companies' production to India from China. Even in his company, he pitched hard for moving several prod centers to near BLR for their company. Desis in higher exec positions abroad are returning the favor to their homeland, but waits to be seen whether they are truly loyal or not.
Yeah like Protectionist isn't the reason why we have a shit manufacturing base where we simply can't compete with foreign companies because our companies are always protected and the reason why we had such a bad growth rate before 1991 reforms

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag

There's a currency based on fking memes?
Wow!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles