Indian Economy: News and Discussion

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Two kids are a must mat or else you will end up like cucked countries such as Cuckmenay and Cuck Korea . Tell your misses to give u some action.

Most Woke Indian Idiot's want to emulate the west and end up promoting one child rule.
We need 3 child rule not two not one.
You got the whole thing wrong mate,
Just wanted to share this important news with the misses, thats all...

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Someone should draw a regression between the rise in oil price with the rise in terror attacks. I bet it has a high R-squared. If anyone does it please send it to me. You can use average oil price per calendar year from 1990.

Bhagwaan Uvacha.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ya'll Nibbiars Someone should draw a regression between the rise in oil price with the rise in terror attacks. I bet it has a high R-squared. If anyone does it please send it to me. You can use average oil price per calendar year from 1990.

Bhagwaan Uvacha.
Is there a mechanism behind this?
I mean high oil price=more terror.
Also what happens to political Islam once oil dries up

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Here's a fresh thought out of my noggin ...
==========
Delhi Metro is bound to complete their construction at some point, once they do it will be instantly turning profitable. why not create a fund with those profits and give loans to construct other metros, loans will be used only for construction and engineering works, not land acquisition. as and when other metros finish construction they too will join this fund with their profits, fund revenue will be on interest repayment by other metros utilising this fund. Loans should be given at nominal rates of course.

May be this will create a circular economy within metro rails across the country reducing the dependency on foreign loans. this way even the engineering expertise can also pooled within the country.

if there are no more metro rails to be constructed with in country, they can start giving out loans to friendly countries to build metro lines.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Here's a fresh thought out of my noggin ...
==========
Delhi Metro is bound to complete their construction at some point, once they do it will be instantly turning profitable. why not create a fund with those profits and give loans to construct other metros, loans will be used only for construction and engineering works, not land acquisition. as and when other metros finish construction they too will join this fund with their profits, fund revenue will be on interest repayment by other metros utilising this fund. Loans should be given at nominal rates of course.

May be this will create a circular economy within metro rails across the country reducing the dependency on foreign loans. this way even the engineering expertise can also pooled within the country.

if there are no more metro rails to be constructed with in country, they can start giving out loans to friendly countries to build metro lines.
u got balance sheet for Delhi Metro profits?
A single line costs anywhere between 1 to 3 billion.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
u got balance sheet for Delhi Metro profits?
A single line costs anywhere between 1 to 3 billion.
There won't be profits for now because they are still constructing, revenue in 2018-19 is 6461 crores. 462 crores loss.

1-3 billion will be over a period of time, per annum expenditure will probably be less. if you remove the land cost, it would be even less.

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
There won't be profits for now because they are still constructing, revenue in 2018-19 is 6461 crores. 462 crores loss.

1-3 billion will be over a period of time, per annum expenditure will probably be less.
Say we subtract ongoing Construction cost from the total profit, Do we get a fair idea about how much money it could make once its done

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
this way even the engineering expertise can also pooled within the country.
Not going to happen. We already have much engineering expertise and only one concerted push regarding Indian Railway technology, particularly Indian Rolling Stock technology is needed. First we need to get these R&D activities away from babus in Railway Board. Model an R&D organisation similar to DRDO and ISRO, with separate cadre and direct access to Railway Minister. RDSO and individual silos of R&D wings of Rail Coach Factories and Locomotive factories currently in place are not cutting it. Railway Board politics has ruined everything.
Hurdles in this are:-
1.) Railway Babus crying over lost turf.
2.) Alstom (along with their lobbies) crying over increased competition.
3.) Factories crying over lost R&D units.

Rail technology is not that hard a nut to crack (looking at what DRDO and ISRO have achieved). A centralized push is needed and within two decades we can bridge gap with China. DRDO and ISRO have a harder job to do. We already have PSU like BHEL, BEML and private sector companies like Medha Servos. Universities are mildly involved in R&D. We just need a concerted push to develop the entire gamut of railway tech in India. But the way things are going right now, I don't see it happening at all.

Instead, I don't see any push in this direction. Railway Board is managing to stop the Minister from achieving this. Forget R&D, GoI aren't even able to consolidate the Manufacturing like they promised. In the wake Alstom and its ilk happily pitch the factories in India, use Indian talent for R&D and simply control the IP and make the profits, which is then dubbed as a success story for "Make In India". And then these same Babus call themselves the champions of Indian Railway Tech (that entire drama over the gauge of Metros) fighting to keep Alstom out of Indian Railways even though Alstom is getting all the Metro contracts due to Railway Board's infighting and incompetence. Babus of our country will really end up destroying us.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Not going to happen. We already have much engineering expertise and only one concerted push regarding Indian Railway technology, particularly Indian Rolling Stock technology is needed. First we need to get these R&D activities away from babus in Railway Board. Model an R&D organisation similar to DRDO and ISRO, with separate cadre and direct access to Railway Minister. RDSO and individual silos of R&D wings of Rail Coach Factories and Locomotive factories currently in place are not cutting it. Railway Board politics has ruined everything.
Hurdles in this are:-
1.) Railway Babus crying over lost turf.
2.) Alstom (along with their lobbies) crying over increased competition.
3.) Factories crying over lost R&D units.

Rail technology is not that hard a nut to crack (looking at what DRDO and ISRO have achieved). A centralized push is needed and within two decades we can bridge gap with China. DRDO and ISRO have a harder job to do. We already have PSU like BHEL, BEML and private sector companies like Medha Servos. Universities are mildly involved in R&D. We just need a concerted push to develop the entire gamut of railway tech in India. But the way things are going right now, I don't see it happening at all.

Instead, I don't see any push in this direction. Railway Board is managing to stop the Minister from achieving this. Forget R&D, GoI aren't even able to consolidate the Manufacturing like they promised. In the wake Alstom and its ilk happily pitch the factories in India, use Indian talent for R&D and simply control the IP and make the profits, which is then dubbed as a success story for "Make In India". And then these same Babus call themselves the champions of Indian Railway Tech (that entire drama over the gauge of Metros) fighting to keep Alstom out of Indian Railways even though Alstom is getting all the Metro contracts due to Railway Board's infighting and incompetence. Babus of our country will really end up destroying us.
sirji, you are confusing DMRC with Indian Railways. DMRC is a psu on it's own, not related to Indian railways.
they earned 35 crores in consultancy fees, so obviously their expertise is valued.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
sirji, you are confusing DMRC with Indian Railways. DMRC is a psu on it's own, not related to Indian railways.
they earned 35 crores in consultancy fees, so obviously their expertise is valued.
I know DMRC is different. But I am talking about getting rid of these exact silos of expertise and actually pooling R&D resources. I mean Trains, Metros, RRTS, etc are all Adhesion Railways in the end. So why not pool all R&D effort and give a concerted push to achieve complete indigenisation in this technology?

Roshan

Country flag
can any of you who are well acquainted financially tell me if it's a good idea to invest in an lic product that guarantees 8% after premium paying term and a good sum assured after maturity? i heard rumours of an lic ipo and someone else telling me there is a chance that without a pro-public sector congress govt it might even go under but i found that hard to believe because it is on a par with sbi imo and a lot of other things would have to bite the dust in the country before lic ever had the plug pulled on it.

Haldilal

Country flag
can any of you who are well acquainted financially tell me if it's a good idea to invest in an lic product that guarantees 8% after premium paying term and a good sum assured after maturity? i heard rumours of an lic ipo and someone else telling me there is a chance that without a pro-public sector congress govt it might even go under but i found that hard to believe because it is on a par with sbi imo and a lot of other things would have to bite the dust in the country before lic ever had the plug pulled on it.
But which product Nibba?

Haldilal

Country flag
jeevan umang.
Ya'll Nibbiars I'm not a big fan of insurance companies selling fixed return schemes or any schemes that offer life insurance + something more packages. Just get a life insurance only plan, it is cheaper. There is significant underperformance of money once handed over to a 'fixed return' scheme. It could have earned you 14% if you invested it yourself. Now LIC will earn 14% on your money and give you 8% fixed return, or some variation of that. The rewards of managing your own money are higher. Even a basic Index ETF will yield more than an LIC fixed-return scheme over 20 year periods. One should allocate not more than 8% of your income to a life-insurance EMI, and keep the remaining 92% to be managed yourself. Schemes that mix insurance and investment want to trap your entire 100% income and mismanage your funds.

Haldilal

Country flag
Even a Bank FD at 7% you can double your money in 10 years.

Roshan

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I'm not a big fan of insurance companies selling fixed return schemes or any schemes that offer life insurance + something more packages. Just get a life insurance only plan, it is cheaper. There is significant underperformance of money once handed over to a 'fixed return' scheme. It could have earned you 14% if you invested it yourself. Now LIC will earn 14% on your money and give you 8% fixed return, or some variation of that. The rewards of managing your own money are higher. Even a basic Index ETF will yield more than an LIC fixed-return scheme over 20 year periods. One should allocate not more than 8% of your income to a life-insurance EMI, and keep the remaining 92% to be managed yourself. Schemes that mix insurance and investment want to trap your entire 100% income and mismanage your funds.
it's only for diversification bro.

Haldilal

Country flag
it's only for diversification bro.
If you are not looking for insurance then the answer is no. There are many other options. In my opinion I will still say Insurance and some package is not a good scheme.

It's a very good instrument from the gormint. The MF and LIC salesmen try to keep this option hidden from their clients because it is a gormint scheme and gives no sales commission to them. It's like Yoga vs alcohol. Everyone sings of "4 botal vodka". Yoga ki koi baat ni karta.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles