Indian Economy: News and Discussion

cannonfodder

Country flag
We are seeing the demand increase & the market recover slowly. The future of sustainable mobility is strong here in India is proud to be part of this journey. We are investing 2000+ crs towards the electrification of vehicles and helping build a strong India!

Vikram Kirloskar.
But is modi also continuing with tax terrorism approach like UPA did?

Posted in wrong thread before. Sorry mods

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
But is modi also continuing with tax terrorism approaching like UPA did?
There was a recommendation from the NITI Ayog for a linear tax regime to boost the Two Wheeler, Automobile, Commercial Vehicles and Construction equipments production and export. But since one or more years hardly any major action has been taken.

Other factor is the Ports as the Colombo and the new Melcchas built port are being used for the trans shipments of the export cars. That increases the transportation cost and handling charges in turn hurts the profit margins. The new proposed andaman port will have a dedicated automobile handling centres to support upto 15,000 cars at a single given time that will help us to boost the export to the SEA and SA and even CA and NA countries.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars BHEL has put increased focus & investment on solar farms, PV cell research & manufacturing, battery tech etc. BHEL recently received a BESS order from TERI. The project, located at 3 sites in Delhi, has a cumulative rating of 410 KWh. BHEL already has deployed a few BESS units.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has successfully built & commissioned the world's largest lift irrigation project: Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme (LIS) in Telangana. This will help in irrigation, industrial water uses, drinking water & power generation in the state.

EiBsuPQWkAEtDsZ.jpeg

avknight1408

Country flag
Toyota says it won't expand further in India, blames 'we don’t want you' taxes.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...t-you-taxes/articleshow/78117342.cms?from=mdr

:facepalm:
Kia motors which entered India last year has sold double the number of cars that Toyota(which entered in 1997) sold in August 2020. Note that Kia has only two models while Toyota has an entire range. They can't blame government & taxes for their incompetence.
Here are statistics.

Source - Autopunditz

Haldilal

Country flag
Kia motors which entered India last year has sold double the number of cars that Toyota(which entered in 1997) sold in August 2020. Note that Kia has only two models while Toyota has an entire range. They can't blame government & taxes for their incompetence.
Here are statistics.

Source - Autopunditz
Kirloskar is read to take a majority of the shares but Toyota was not ready to sell its 88 percent of shares so it's a good thing for kirloskar which was looking to gain a controlling of the firm for last two decades. The share holders that are ready to invest 2,000 Crs are kriloskar not the Toyota.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Kirloskar is read to take a majority of the shares but Toyota was not ready to sell its 88 percent of shares so it's a good thing for kirloskar which was looking to gain a controlling of the firm for last two decades.
Goood shit that would mean another Indian Origin country in the race.

Spindrift

Here are statistics.

Source - Autopunditz
Well, I think for Kia as it is a new entrant in the Indian market there is craze for it hence we are seeing these numbers.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Well, I think for Kia as it is a new entrant in the Indian market there is craze for it hence we are seeing these numbers.
India isn't really a place of craze wave.
Infact it should have been hard for new entrants. The reason Skoda, Ford and Chevrolet never took of was a lack of service parts and service centre. Not my words but the words of a Garage and Repair shop owner.

Haldilal

Country flag
Goood shit that would mean another Indian Origin country in the race.
They have two plants in Karnataka the first plant dates to late 1970s when the kriloskar started to manafuctures the tractors based on the USSR design but failed due to its air cooling of the engine. Then in the 1990's they enter the JV with the Toyota at first they had greater numbers of shareholding but in the early 2000s kriloakar sold the shares to fund its other business. Later they tried to retain and gain more shareholding but to no success. So now the 40,000 Crs firm is looking to the electric vehicles so that's why they are willing to invest 2,000 Crs in the business.

avknight1408

Country flag
I disagree. 'Craze' for Kia was last year. This year they are selling well means their product is good. Have heard of generally good reviews. Once Kia sonet is launched they will be No.3 by pushing out Tata & Mahindra.

If the Chinese companies like Great wall & others had come to India their first target would be Tata & Mahindra who would have become like micromax. Thank god their investments have been put on hold.

Aegis888

Country flag
Here are statistics.

Source - Autopunditz
TATA Motors numbers looks good. Hope they can mantain this.

Haldilal

Country flag
I disagree. 'Craze' for Kia was last year. This year they are selling well means their product is good. Have heard of generally good reviews. Once Kia sonet is launched they will be No.3 by pushing out Tata & Mahindra.

If the Chinese companies like Great wall & others had come to India their first target would be Tata & Mahindra who would have become like micromax. Thank god their investments have been put on hold.
MG has seen a great dent in their sales what you are seeing a Copy Paste case their engine in no good and lacked the quality. So you will see further dent in the MG sale regardless of any chinese goods ban.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Infact it should have been hard for new entrants. The reason Skoda, Ford and Chevrolet never took of was a lack of service parts and service centre. Not my words but the words of a Garage and Repair shop owner.
The features Kia is offering is more than what their competitors are offering in those segments.

Spindrift

Well, I can tell you that in the NCR region there was a craze wave. In my company a lot people bought it, although they already had perfectly good cars. I personally know a few people in my company who change their cars every year or two, when a new company enters or where there is a new model launched.

Haldilal

Country flag
The features Kia is offering is more than what their competitors are offering in those segments.
I am waiting for the Hindustan and PSA partnership to take off. That will mean another Indian JV will enter the market that is really good for the Indian Automobile manufacturer. The contessa may come in a new avatar thanks to the PSA scalable platform.

Spindrift

I am waiting for the Hindustan and PSA partnership to take off. That will mean another Indian JV will enter the market that is really good for the Indian Automobile manufacturer. The contessa may come in a new avatar thanks to the PSA scalable platform.
aap ke muh me ghee shakkar.

I really hope they relaunch contessa.

shade

Country flag
Toyota says it won't expand further in India, blames 'we don’t want you' taxes.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...t-you-taxes/articleshow/78117342.cms?from=mdr

:facepalm:
C-Level Employee : "Hehe, if we put out such an article, Chaiwala will get spooked and reduce taxes"

We are seeing the demand increase & the market recover slowly. The future of sustainable mobility is strong here in India is proud to be part of this journey. We are investing 2000+ crs towards the electrification of vehicles and helping build a strong India!

Vikram Kirloskar.
Kirloskar bossman
"YOU FOOL, WHO TOLD YOU TO DO THIS?"
"Ahem, *cough* we totally are not stopping our expansion here, we are putting in 2000 cr see, pls no punish us GoI :'( #MakeInIndia #AtmanirbharBharat #IwillDoWhateverYouSay "

Btw Kia is a Hyundai subsidiary, unlike a certain Japanese carmaker, they know exactly what sells in India, and they count their profits without throwing bitch fits about Taxes.

another_armchair

Country flag
Kia Seltos is the flagship model of Kia and it is priced ~10L.

Which Toyota model is even competing with the Seltos in its price segment? The Toyota Urban Cruiser when launched may pose some competition to the Seltos.

Innova was the goto car till it became almost unaffordable for most middle/upper middle class large families too.

Toyota played cheap and killed the Qualis. How can GoI help if they decide to fuk themselves. Value conscious Indian buyer is neither faithful nor stupid.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles