Indian Economy: News and Discussion

shade

Country flag
I wanted to share this video here and I found it really interesting.

Can anyone here with a good understanding of economics etc explain if this idea will work in India or is even possible in the first place.

Not fond of the Chinese but credit where it's due they often manage to amaze me.

I found the concept of shared IP quite interesting.
It's not Shared IP, it's that the chings don't bother with muh patents, muh IP, muh court case because it is a waste of time and money, time and money which would rather be spent on copying/mass producing whatever in-trend widget there is like fidgets spinners etc and printing more money.

You are amazed by this but you should also be amazed by the civil war, Cultural Revolution, great Famine, and undocumented purges practiced by a generic communist state.
That is the darkside of the same system, except when it is a pariah state and has no access to strangely optimistic globalist capital in-flows.

Our country is mediocre, you won't see "in 40 years to super power", neither will you be shot by the secret police, or die in a man-made famine, or sent to some gulag in Tibet.
Everything has it's price.

No , you could move to Canada,the favorite destination of most middle class Indians or else Germany if you can clear their A1 level linguistic exams or else if you are into core jobs then you can try you luck in the gulf(after the pandemic is over)

Tell me what should an ordinary Indian do ? There is nothing left to do in this country.

Job market was shrinking and businesses were getting shut down even before current crisis.This pandemic has come as a nail in the coffin and it will take considerable time for the country to recover.
Ordinary Indians don't have the option to fck right off to Kaneda or Germany unless you are a Punjabi i guess.They love Kaneda.
Ordinary Indians have to stick here and make do with what they have been given, just like their ancestors since the last 5000 years.

SKC

Country flag
Wont their economies expand too ? Are there any projections showing we will overtake them in 5 years ?
We will overtake them for sure, but not sure we can do it in 5 years.

Is the 5 trillion target still on ? I thought corona pushed it back by a few years at least.

Asan shabdo mein boliye bhaijan. Yeh inflation wagera mere dimag me nahi baith raha. Apka math bhi samaj nahi aya.:notsure:
Japanese economy is not doing any good and no expectaions to have any good growth rate in future. They had crossed $5 T in last decade by came back below 5 again this decade.
Germany is among best performing EU economy. Would be tough to compete with them.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

shade

Country flag
Reliance Denies Plans to Sell $20-Billion Retail Arm Stake to Rival Amazon

A Bloomberg report on Thursday said Reliance had offered Amazon a 40-percent stake in its retail subsidiary RRVL.

OT but in America Nadella is making this taklu cry, here Mukes is making him cry.

indiatester

Country flag
Azure.
Taklu's corp is mad that they are still not getting the JEDI contract.
I mean Amazon literally saying Trump gave the the contract to MS.
I was really surprised at how well Azure has been done by MS. Full credit to Satya!

angryIndian

Country flag
Ordinary Indians don't have the option to fck right off to Kaneda or Germany unless you are a Punjabi i guess.They love Kaneda.
Ordinary Indians have to stick here and make do with what they have been given, just like their ancestors since the last 5000 years.
True,Unfortunately majority of Indians live on hand to mouth and much of their resources goes towards survival let alone dreaming of migrating abroad.But those with resources leave India at the first given opportunity.

It's depressing to see what has become of India. Even more depressing is seeing our younger generation facing a grim jobless and hopeless future.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I fail to understand this fascination with 5 trillion $ GDP
GDP is the measure of strength of a country. More GDP= more credit more trust.
Even if magically India became a 5 trillion $ economy,it will continue to remain a poor country with relatively low per capita income with mass under nutrition and hunger problem coupled with serious unemployment crisis.
When u reach 5 Trillion GDP your per capita will also increase and hence purchasing power, If inflation is kept low than might as well result in improved quality of life. U cant expect to reach Sweden level per capita in just 5 years yo.
Nothing ground shaking or earth shattering will happen as such.
What do u define as ground shaking give example.
We should stop this fascination with GDP numbers,rather focus on health,education and jobs.
More GDP= More Taxes = More Budget for health, education, defense.
As i speak there is virtually no employment opportunity left in the country,let alone creating new jobs,even the established jobs are vanishing.
Jobs are never over unless Robots completely replace us. Someone will have to grow food, someone will have to sell it, someone will have to build houses, someone will have to clean toilet.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars
EhzHhi5U0AAksn6.png
EhzJGbNWAAIyLhq (1).jpeg

DG7867

Country flag
I fail to understand this fascination with 5 trillion $ GDP

Even if magically India became a 5 trillion $ economy,it will continue to remain a poor country with relatively low per capita income with mass under nutrition and hunger problem coupled with serious unemployment crisis.

Nothing ground shaking or earth shattering will happen as such.

We should stop this fascination with GDP numbers,rather focus on health,education and jobs.

As i speak there is virtually no employment opportunity left in the country,let alone creating new jobs,even the established jobs are vanishing.
Y'know, making blanket statements like "there is virtually no employment opportunity left" proves nothing. You gotta be more specific. Different sectors have different middle to long-term outlook (forget short term).

shade

Country flag
Y'know, making blanket statements like "there is virtually no employment opportunity left" proves nothing. You gotta be more specific. Different sectors have different middle to long-term outlook (forget short term).
Details muddy the narrative, jhumlas must be kept short and concise, with enough dumbed down blanket statements in order to make effective propaganda to the reader.

Even a statement like this is a false dichotomy where it is GDP vs health, education and jobs.
In reality increasing GDP has a positive effect on all three sectors and many more, although two of these need specific govt attention in most cases.

See like i said, getting into details, or having a long analysis will either not have the desired effects on the readers mind and bore the reader.

You were replying to propaganda there, not some attempt at discussion or a query.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars A day late, dollar less. I had first suggested this exact idea and even calculated the amount needed 3 years back. And 20000 crore is not enough by far. I had also suggested raising bank recap bonds in europe or japan.

Bhagwan Uvacha.

shade

Country flag
More ‘Made in India’ iPhones soon as manufacturer Pegatron begins operations in India
PLI scheme needs to be extended to computer(laptop, desktop, server, PCBs ), semiconductor fabs, auto parts sectors also.
It seems to be having very good effects for mobile phones, hope GoI extends it to other sectors fast.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
PLI scheme needs to be extended to computer(laptop, desktop, server, PCBs ), semiconductor fabs, auto parts sectors also.
It seems to be having very good effects for mobile phones, hope GoI extends it to other sectors fast.
Keep hoping, knowing how this idiotic government operates

Haldilal

Country flag
The only thing that Modi ji has consistently lacked is a visionary finance minister. Finance ministry is not an academic field. Not for learn on the job kind of candidates, especially the last 10 years. Decisive action was not taken which is why we feel the issues more intensely today. A true risk taker needed there.

Bhagwaan Uvacha.

Haldilal

Country flag

Global Defence

New threads

Articles