Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The JNPT phase IV is now visible on the maps, the PSA operated terminal under construction with this the number of births nownstnad at 20 + the Vadhawan one 36. Remember the Vadhavan is part of the JNPA so the extension of the JNPT, not s sepra5e pirt just like the Yanhshan Deep Wateer Port. So in all 60 berths 24 JNPT, 36 Vadhavan.

2024_02_24_16.01.46.jpg

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Really need to visit UP to see these changes rather than getting reports
I live in lucknow-kanpur belt among other cities. Things are a whole lot better. It is a bit bad because of the L-K expressway and Ganga expressway as the intersection of these are huge near Unnao. Lucknow city itself has become a lot better. The ring road was crapping things up but it is almost nearing completion. Kanpur has also drastically cut down the muzzi leather waste pollution. You can visit UP and see the difference for yourself. Visit Bundelkhand by the way - it has 100% JJM coverage plus UPEIDA has already setup industrial parks on the Bundelkhand expressway.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
However frustrating the BJP is the opposition is clearly worse and their ideas are extremely dangerous. Instead of campaigning on the economy and industrialization they focus on dividing the country further and redistributing death pol pot style.
Congress is just commies in disguise. Plus congress is funded by soros and gang. They did nothing for the poor, SCs/STs except coin slogans of garibi hatao. Their frustrations is now leading them to become Maoists. They are getting close to Naxalite type ideologies- very dangerous for India’s future. Congress and commie parties must be banned. We need a very able 2nd party to take on the BJP, but it cannot be the dangerous Maoist congress.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The JNPT phase IV is now visible on the maps, the PSA operated terminal under construction with this the number of births nownstnad at 20 + the Vadhawan one 36. Remember the Vadhavan is part of the JNPA so the extension of the JNPT, not s sepra5e pirt just like the Yanhshan Deep Wateer Port. So in all 60 berths 24 JNPT, 36 Vadhavan.

View attachment 241741
Ya'll Nibbiars

GHGQG1mXsAABDgJ.png

AnantS

Country flag
To clean up our cities, first the entire street needs to be washed with pressure washers to clean up the heaps of trash and dust.

Then for regular cleaning, we need to use sweepers like this:

For narrow streets, manually operated pressure washers can be used.

Also, we need to plant grass on exposed soil to prevent dust from blowing. Planting a few shrubs won't do anything (that's what the corporations currently do).

Finally, the citizens need to be civilised. Else, nobody can keep up with the generated trash.
These are being used for quite some time in some citiez for quite long.

Blademaster

Congress is just commies in disguise. Plus congress is funded by soros and gang. They did nothing for the poor, SCs/STs except coin slogans of garibi hatao. Their frustrations is now leading them to become Maoists. They are getting close to Naxalite type ideologies- very dangerous for India’s future. Congress and commie parties must be banned. We need a very able 2nd party to take on the BJP, but it cannot be the dangerous Maoist congress.
I was hoping that would be the AAP but AAP turned out to be a utter and complete joke.

another_armchair

Country flag
During my visit to Delhi I developed several allergies and cold. It only got better when I got back to the States.

Now I understand why the Delhi government wanted to ban Diwali crackers. But they should also ban stubble burning and do better job of cleaning up the dust, trash, and pollution otherwise Delhi would be known as the gas chamber of the world.
The first impression of the majority of my friends who went to the US for their masters was - boss, the air is several grades cleaner than India. Thought they were exaggerating.
Experienced it many years later. Could tell the difference when I went from Bangalore to Munnar. The sky was crystal clear and the tea plantations as far as the eyes could see felt surreal. Same was the case with Goa many years ago but it has gone to the dogs - literally.

Can't argue with folks about air quality when you have ash raining down upon you in Delhi thanks to annadatas in Punjab & Haryana burning stubble.

The entire Delhi-NCR region all the way to Muzaffarnagar is enveloped in a smoky haze. Brick kilns.. dozens of them dot nearly every human settlement/village along that stretch.

Banning crackers is like flogging a dead donkey. The beating yields no good tbh other than creating a divide along political affiliations depending on which side roots for it.

karn

Country flag
One of the largest causes of haze are coal plants .. many old ones are close to large population centers . The westerners have switched to natural gas and that burns absolutely cleanly .. The other reason are the prevalence of older diesel vehicles as well .. these are the common denominator.. extra issues like crop burning, trash burning, brick kilns, construction come later .

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
By the way I am sitting here in delhi airport and the transfer was very good with good signs telling me how to get to T3 etc. the weather is of course pleasant and the walk from T2 to T3 was just 5 minutes and pleasant. There are travelators making going ti the gates very easy and no pain..
It is Mumbai that has a totally screwed up transfer experience. Makes sense. Adani has zero experience in running airports and it shows. They should rope in a world class airport operator.
I will fly through BLR or DEL from now on. Sorry but Mumbai totally sucks. I am eagerly waiting for the new Navi Mumbai airport. Hopefully that will save Mumbai’s image and provide a world class experience. Bhagwan ki jai ho ki Noida airport will be run by Swiss airports and not Adani.

Last edited:

Blademaster

By the way I am sitting here in delhi airport and the transfer was very good with good signs telling me how to get to T3 etc. the weather is of course pleasant and the walk from T2 to T3 was just 5 minutes and pleasant. There are travelators making going ti the gates very easy and no pain..
It is Mumbai that has a totally screwed up transfer experience. Makes sense. Adani has zero experience in running airports and it shows. They should rope in a world class airport operator.
I will fly through BLR or DEL from now on. Sorry but Mumbai totally sucks. I am eagerly waiting for the new Navi Mumbai airport. Hopefully that will save Mumbai’s image and provide a world class experience. Bhagwan ki jai ho ki Noida airport will be run by Swiss airports and not Adani.
Sorry I had the worst check in experience at Delhi T3 airport. The airport layout is not really user friendly and there are simply way too many security checkpoints and the way they process the crowds moving is not efficient at all. From arrival outside the airport to the gate took me and my family three hours. It was exhausting. I fly in and out of Atlanta airport several times and it’s the busiest airport in the world and it was relatively a quick process to check in from outside to the gate.

sorry but Delhi airport leaves a lot to be desired.

thebakofbakchod

CompanyProjectLocationInvestment (Cr)Employment
OHPC LimitedHydro PowerKandhamal787.48210
Koli Commercial LLPFreight TerminalAngul82.02255
Texmaco RailRailway Bogies & CouplersParadip438.922000
Premium TransmissionIndustrial TransmissionKhurda555.00700
AlmametMagnesium GranulesKalinga Nagar50.6095
TIMAB MagnesiumMagnesia RefractoryKhurda90.00330
Premier ExplosiveDefence ExplosivesRayagada864.003750
ITC LimitedHotelPuri148.39154
Magpet PolymerRecycled PETKhurda175.00545
MAF Clothing, SAPL Industries Pvt. Ltd.
, Meenu Creation LLP, Pooja International,
Sonu Exim Pvt Ltd,
Rainbow Fabart Private Limited,
BL International Private Limited,
Fine Lines (Noida Apparel Cluster), and
Canberg Global Sourcing Pvt Ltd
Garment ManufacturingKhurda & Puri589.7826823
Prunama SteelsERW PipesSundargarh54.70250
MSP Sponge IronIron Ore GrindingKeonjhar150.0078
Sree MetaliksGrinding UnitKeonjhar147.0084
Jupiter InternationalSolar CellsKhurda250.00350
IT ProjectsITBhubaneswar709.135900

Even even a few of those proposed garment projects become operational, it will change the face of an entire town. Gujarat's entire textile industry is on the backs of Odia labour. In surat alone there are close to 1 million migrant workers mainly from Odisha.

Shuturmurg

Country flag

CompanyProjectLocationInvestment (Cr)Employment
OHPC LimitedHydro PowerKandhamal787.48210
Koli Commercial LLPFreight TerminalAngul82.02255
Texmaco RailRailway Bogies & CouplersParadip438.922000
Premium TransmissionIndustrial TransmissionKhurda555.00700
AlmametMagnesium GranulesKalinga Nagar50.6095
TIMAB MagnesiumMagnesia RefractoryKhurda90.00330
Premier ExplosiveDefence ExplosivesRayagada864.003750
ITC LimitedHotelPuri148.39154
Magpet PolymerRecycled PETKhurda175.00545
MAF Clothing, SAPL Industries Pvt. Ltd.
, Meenu Creation LLP, Pooja International,
Sonu Exim Pvt Ltd,
Rainbow Fabart Private Limited,
BL International Private Limited,
Fine Lines (Noida Apparel Cluster), and
Canberg Global Sourcing Pvt Ltd
Garment ManufacturingKhurda & Puri589.7826823
Prunama SteelsERW PipesSundargarh54.70250
MSP Sponge IronIron Ore GrindingKeonjhar150.0078
Sree MetaliksGrinding UnitKeonjhar147.0084
Jupiter InternationalSolar CellsKhurda250.00350
IT ProjectsITBhubaneswar709.135900

Even even a few of those proposed garment projects become operational, it will change the face of an entire town. Gujarat's entire textile industry is on the backs of Odia labour. In surat alone there are close to 1 million migrant workers mainly from Odisha.
In 1990 Odisha had per capita income very close to Bihar, now its per capita is higher than Bengal. Mr. Pattnaik has done a decent job in Odisha.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Look
Sorry I had the worst check in experience at Delhi T3 airport. The airport layout is not really user friendly and there are simply way too many security checkpoints and the way they process the crowds moving is not efficient at all. From arrival outside the airport to the gate took me and my family three hours. It was exhausting. I fly in and out of Atlanta airport several times and it’s the busiest airport in the world and it was relatively a quick process to check in from outside to the gate.

sorry but Delhi airport leaves a lot to be desired.
looks like it varies. My indigo flight from lucknow landed in T2 and it took me 8 minutes to walk over to T3. All the signs were clearly marked. The walkway was neat. The weather was a cool 62 degrees. Did not feel the pollution.
Gate entry at T3 took 4 minutes, spent 2 hours eating great food and relaxing at the Encalm Lounge. Then security took 10 minutes. All this around 4AM. Not bad at all. Not bad.
Mumbai was hot, humid and polluted for me at 86 degrees at night. There is no pleasant way to get to the domestic terminal. And i could not find lounges or spa. Duty free of course was much better in Delhi but i was not interested in that. Overall i had a much pleasant experience at T3. Mumbai T2 was terrible for me.

sauntheninja

Country flag
Look

looks like it varies. My indigo flight from lucknow landed in T2 and it took me 8 minutes to walk over to T3. All the signs were clearly marked. The walkway was neat. The weather was a cool 62 degrees. Did not feel the pollution.
Gate entry at T3 took 4 minutes, spent 2 hours eating great food and relaxing at the Encalm Lounge. Then security took 10 minutes. All this around 4AM. Not bad at all. Not bad.
Mumbai was hot, humid and polluted for me at 86 degrees at night. There is no pleasant way to get to the domestic terminal. And i could not find lounges or spa. Duty free of course was much better in Delhi but i was not interested in that. Overall i had a much pleasant experience at T3. Mumbai T2 was terrible for me.
T2 is horrible because of how god damn long the gates are to the exit and that smelly carpet. You failed to mention the fact that Mumbai is a resource constrained city while lucknow should not have the same problem. Overall the experiences in Mumbai airport have been fantastic for me. The staff and security are kind and helpful and all the signs make sense. On the other hand Bangalore terminal 2 is terrible by comparison. Yes the entrance to the airport is great (I prefer Mumbai's airport look though) But the signs and directions don't make any sense and there are hardly any restaurant's there if you aren't going to the lounge. Bangalore airport is the definition of style over substance they look good in instagram reels but its a horrible airport.

no smoking

Country flag
Why can't we put more tariffs on imports from Bangladesh, Vietnam and China?
Because banning imports is not the solution. Making your exports more competitive is the key.
India has been sitting on trade deficit for long time. Stop cheap imports will only make things worse since no one can scale up her industrial base overnight.

Hopefully the textile parks will be completed too. If we can negotiate so trade deals to get duty free access to the US, EU and UK markets, that would help as well.
Well, what India give back as the bargain? Duty free access to Indian market? The possible scenario is India's high-end industries were destroyed by Western suppliers, while India's low end industries can't win the battle in Western market against Bangladesh, Vietnam, South Eastern Asia, which are supported by Chinese.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles