Indian Economy: News and Discussion

assassin162

Country flag
CoresectorAJC.png

jai jaganath

Country flag
Congress bags two cash cows in South India - Karnataka followed by Telangana.

This is bad given the current Congress crop is only interested in pocketing money.

Two major South Indian states gone. Now expect everything to come to a crawl including infrastructure development. Now endure for 5 years as crime skyrockets as it has in Karnataka, Bangalore & suburbs in particular with peacefuls contributing a disproportionate share to the crime graph.

Police not registering FIRs.

I know this post has political undertones but voting in an awful party like Congress that is high on populism, welfare, rhetoric, appeasement, shielding rioters & goons, terrorists and indulging in rampant corruption with no real roadmap for development has a negative impact on the state's economy.
Yes kar and tlg are major contributor to our economy but congis controlling them will not only destroy the health of state but also give extensively adverse impact on national economy
Expect our growth slow down
Anyways for Hindus freebies jai ho

another_armchair

Country flag
Rural Indians voted as usual for the party that gave out money. Dumbocracy is a very big mistake as long as parties are voted based on who gives the most freebies to the useless mass while the rich refuse to vote

The 'rich' are a minority outside urban clusters.

They have no say in the election outcome that is why Modi has to guarantee food security for 80 crore Indians for the next 5 years.

Cope and move on.

sauntheninja

Country flag
The 'rich' are a minority outside urban clusters.

They have no say in the election outcome that is why Modi has to guarantee food security for 80 crore Indians for the next 5 years.

Cope and move on.
Rural Areas still decide elections as more people live there and look at the voting percentages in big cities its very pathetic. Most people treat elections days as holidays and dont go out to vote

another_armchair

Country flag
Rural Areas still decide elections as more people live there and look at the voting percentages in big cities its very pathetic. Most people treat elections days as holidays and dont go out to vote
I think urban voter list is highly inflated. Few members of a family may exist on the voter list but may not live in the same city any more.

My name appears in three different seats of Bangalore though I have applied to have it removed in the past as I shifted home(s).

Though I agree the apathy of the urban voter on polling day is sad. Can't blame them entirely as they can at best influence 20-30 seats during assembly elections in a state. The rest are rural/semi-rural/semi-urban voters and their needs are quite different.

indiatester

Country flag
I think urban voter list is highly inflated. Few members of a family may exist on the voter list but may not live in the same city any more.

My name appears in three different seats of Bangalore though I have applied to have it removed in the past as I shifted home(s).

Though I agree the apathy of the urban voter on polling day is sad. Can't blame them entirely as they can at best influence 20-30 seats during assembly elections in a state. The rest are rural/semi-rural/semi-urban voters and their needs are quite different.
You are right.
Many voter lists come after years after the registered voters (usually renters) have left the area.

another_armchair

Country flag
Rural Indians voted as usual for the party that gave out money. Dumbocracy is a very big mistake as long as parties are voted based on who gives the most freebies to the useless mass while the rich refuse to vote

Someone has posted a translation in the comments. Can't vouch on its authenticity though.

Translation and context : “No money, no vote,” say voters in Pinapaka. Over 100 voters in booth number 2 of Pinapaka constituency express angered over BRSparty MLA not distributing money. The women seen in the video says, "I had intended to vote, but they distributed money selectively, leaving some out. Now, we've decided not to vote." Voter inducement is a violation of MCC.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The JSW purchase 35 percent stake in the MG.

View attachment 230597

Looks like MG able to move ahead from its life support situation. So they are going for the much awaited expansion. Also lets see whether JSW able to absorb technology and start localize further.

Especially the EV tech from SAIC.

GOI pulled an Reverse CCP on Chinese companies.

sauntheninja

Country flag
GST figures for the month of Nov should be out tomorrow.

Lots of chatter that Diwali sales were tepid in the retail sector.

If we see a marginal 10-12% rise in GST YoY, that will be a cue of sorts for earnings in Q3.
The retail sales have been tepid?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles