Indian Economy: News and Discussion

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
damn i never expected uttarakhand PCI is that much (Rs 2,33,565)
we are ahead of even andhra damn ,quite close to maharashtra and gujarat
glad that we separated from UP
yes...i barely see homeless people in uttarakhand. if we improve our bad roads etc, we can become even bigger tourist hub. coz we hv natural beauty, but we hv also many holier/pilgrimage sight of hindus. thats why we known as "devbhoomi". although himanchal people also called them devbhoomi. but i hv objection in this😂

Abbey

Country flag
yes...i barely see homeless people in uttarakhand. if we improve our bad roads etc, we can become even bigger tourist hub. coz we hv natural beauty, but we hv also many holier/pilgrimage sight of hindus. thats why we known as "devbhoomi". although himanchal people also called them devbhoomi. but i hv objection in this😂
yeah also we need
land law
and sustainable development as we dont need more joshimath
stopping the migration also by improving our agricultural sector

Abbey

Country flag
stopping the migration also by improving our agricultural sector
for example

Thanks to Major Chandola’s efforts, the locality that once looked like a ghost town, now looks lively. The road that leads to the village has been properly laid, and the crumbling houses have been restored. Abandoned farms are being used for farming, and outgrown tree branches have been pruned. A rainwater harvesting plant has been installed and new water channels are being created for irrigation. Employment and recreation centres have been set up for youth and migrants of neighbouring villages.

But this transformation did not come easy. The biggest challenge for Major Chandola was to attract the migrants back to the village. “I know migration is a big issue and I cannot solve it, but I can play a part by creating hill-centric and climate-resilient livelihood options,” explains Major Chandola. “It is straightforward – if you provide people opportunities to work, they will not migrate. So, I started looking at traditional practices in agriculture, construction and tourism.”

1680262171608.png

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
for example

Thanks to Major Chandola’s efforts, the locality that once looked like a ghost town, now looks lively. The road that leads to the village has been properly laid, and the crumbling houses have been restored. Abandoned farms are being used for farming, and outgrown tree branches have been pruned. A rainwater harvesting plant has been installed and new water channels are being created for irrigation. Employment and recreation centres have been set up for youth and migrants of neighbouring villages.

But this transformation did not come easy. The biggest challenge for Major Chandola was to attract the migrants back to the village. “I know migration is a big issue and I cannot solve it, but I can play a part by creating hill-centric and climate-resilient livelihood options,” explains Major Chandola. “It is straightforward – if you provide people opportunities to work, they will not migrate. So, I started looking at traditional practices in agriculture, construction and tourism.”

View attachment 198573
why u think ghost villages r bad?? i mean villagers r leaving villages, which is civilization process. In those empty villages nd fields plantation grows naturally. wild life animals get bigger place to roam.

Abbey

Country flag
why u think ghost villages r bad?? i mean villagers r leaving villages, which is civilization progress. In those empty villages nd fields plantation grows naturally. wild life animals get bigger place to roam.
1 . chinese threat
2 . you lose your culture and language
3. i dont want mullahs squatting in empty land in hills and make uttarakhand next kashmir
4. need to worship your kul devta/devi

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
1 . chinese threat
2 . you lose your culture and language
3. i dont want mullahs squatting in empty land in hills and make uttarakhand next kashmir
4. need to worship your kul devta
1:- most border areas hv army/itbp, like in our ancestors land near tibbet border.
2:- depends in community. coz we tribel people keep doing every year cultural program etc. whichever city we goes.
3:- yes, thats a big problem. i heard bhavali, nainital etc places seeing more nd more momins. its shocking when i heard haridwar hv now 37% momin. which is disasteress, coz its very holy place for hindus.
4:- i think most people come back in their village every year for their kuldevi/devta pooja.
point 3 is really big problem. others can be manage in my opinion. 🙏

Sayman Ame

Country flag
India should probably question Google as to why the gora, anti-India news outlets are predominantly made visible on search results. It's like we are paying these arsehats (via the ads they post on their pages - not me tho, I've blocked 'em all) to write against us, this is just one instance. Any news on events happening in India, the results are mostly from these, Scroll, Wire etc. Yet to see Swarajyamag or OPIndia on the front (or even the first few pages).

Look at how fast the vultures have swooped into report this.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 17-45-10 india - Google Search.png

Sayman Ame

Country flag
Tinfoil Hat on :

17th March, BBC :

"The revolution underway in India's diamond industry"
India has long played a key role in the diamond industry - it's estimated that nine out of 10 of the world's diamonds are polished in Surat.
Now the government wants India to become a key player in the lab-grown diamond business.

31st March, ET :

"India may lose Russian facet of diamond trade"

Indian diamond houses that cut and polish nine out of 10 stones
mined in the world are caught in the crossfire between Washington and Moscow.

About a week ago, officials of the US State Department and European Union (EU) alerted leading diamantaires and jewellers in Mumbai that plans were underway for harsher sanctions on diamonds originating from Russia, two persons familiar with discussions told ET.

Not saying it is a conspiracy, but the coincidence is simply too unreal to be ignored !! To be fair, the BBC article doesn't talk about India's trade with Russia on diamonds. But still. Makes for a nice tinfoil hat story.

Tinfoil hat off.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Tinfoil Hat on :

17th March, BBC :

India has long played a key role in the diamond industry - it's estimated that nine out of 10 of the world's diamonds are polished in Surat.
Now the government wants India to become a key player in the lab-grown diamond business.

31st March, ET :

About a week ago, officials of the US State Department and European Union (EU) alerted leading diamantaires and jewellers in Mumbai that plans were underway for harsher sanctions on diamonds originating from Russia, two persons familiar with discussions told ET.

Not saying it is a conspiracy, but the coincidence is simply too unreal to be ignored !! To be fair, the BBC article doesn't talk about India's trade with Russia on diamonds. But still. Makes for a nice tinfoil hat story.

Tinfoil hat off.
Americunts and Euroniggers should shove their sanction down their butthole. Bastards have fucked the entire world including themselves.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
Tinfoil Hat on :

17th March, BBC :

31st March, ET :

Tinfoil hat off.
beside russia, many african countries hv diamond mines. i dont think sanction on russian diamond, will not effect us that much.

karn

Country flag
Tinfoil Hat on :

17th March, BBC :

31st March, ET :

Tinfoil hat off.
I read this exact article 1 year ago.. We process 90% of all diamonds .. the westerners are free to pay 5X the cost if they want an alternative.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
India should probably question Google as to why the gora, anti-India news outlets are predominantly made visible on search results. It's like we are paying these arsehats (via the ads they post on their pages - not me tho, I've blocked 'em all) to write against us, this is just one instance. Any news on events happening in India, the results are mostly from these, Scroll, Wire etc. Yet to see Swarajyamag or OPIndia on the front (or even the first few pages).

View attachment 198581
no we the consumers are not paying, that's the problem.

-they are probably paying for top results.
-publications like swarajya and opindia, will probably rank on low ESG scale , they won't make the cut to qualify as news items.

sameer3694

View attachment 198581
One reason why I stopped reading international news esp the anglo ones. Some random thing happening in some interior village somehwere will be blasted onto the world media. Why this manic obsession? I dont know.

We need to develop our own global media outlets, report every single rape and school shootings in their country. Tilt the news in favour of Russia while broadcasting the Russia-Ukraine war. Take the information warfare to their doorstep(especially the UK). IDK why the GOI doesn't consider this a priority.

BTW with google, its likely they have some kind of a deal. Newspapers are paying to be on the front page.

Last edited:

Sayman Ame

Country flag
no we the consumers are not paying, that's the problem.

-they are probably paying for top results.
-publications like swarajya and opindia, will probably rank on low ESG scale , they won't make the cut to qualify as news items.
1. We do not have to pay directly, to subscribe or otherwise. Google generates revenue from Adsense based on the views hit per ad and is supposed to share it with those news pages. So WaPo BBC NYT Lo-Lasun hosting ads is enough, all we need to do is hit these top of the shelf links for them to make money off us.

And if they are paying to be on top just to further their propaganda, I'll be a little happy taking away the fact that we are also imposing costs on them even as they impose these psychological costs on us. Uneven damages, but I'll take that over walking away with nothing.

2. I really hope that's a joke. Are they seriously considering the ESG criteria now for this lol ?(How bad should the times be if I can't discern this)

thebakofbakchod

View attachment 198581
peak bimaru things. Lets hold a havan on top of a covered stepwell. What could go wrong. This is what happens when the value of life is so low

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles