Indian Economy: News and Discussion

NutCracker

Country flag
Then there must be persuasion for setting up manufacturing unit in India either Airbus or Boeing for jetliners
If numbers are that big . Then it is inevitably gonna happen.

Airbus is gaining market share and most probably Airbus itself will make majority chunk of Tata's order.

And guess who is already making assembly line of Airbus C295 in Gujarat. Yes the Tata.

jai jaganath

Country flag
commercial airlines manufacturing is a tricky industry, one accident and thousands of jobs get lost for years. not our cup of tea, at this point in time.
But u must see China here they have an Airbus manufacturing line
We have to take risk here commercial jetliner manufacturing is 0 if we are ordering in such a huge nos then something should enter our economy
Afar ese sochte rahe toh kam khatam

jai jaganath

Country flag
If numbers are that big . Then it is inevitably gonna happen.

Airbus is gaining market share and most probably Airbus itself will make majority chunk of Tata's order.

And guess who is already making assembly line of Airbus C295 in Gujarat. Yes the Tata.
Yeah possible as u connected the dots
Tata might persuade for bringing manufacturing here
But if not then it will be a big mistake and again a big opportunity will get lost

jai jaganath

Country flag
assembly line for C-295 is coming, surely tata's will propose a civilian version of this.
Boeing and Airbus are a separate story.
I don't think Tata will procure civilian c-295 for this requirement it will mostly be a-320 or Boeing's 737

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I think we are heading towards a very skewed income distribution pyramid.
Large businesses are expanded rapidly but small ones cannot even take off without running into red tapes.
We are not proliferating our indigenous industry as much as we possibly could.
At this rate we will end up with a nation where 100 or so conglomerate run the entire show, the signs are already here.

karn

Country flag
if this is an issue, perhaps one national level annual science summit can solve the issue, where scientists and investors can come at one place and interact with each other. deals and networking can be done then and there.

our fellows need mahaul, other wise they won't move their assess.
More like we need a VC ecosystem to support them like they support software startups.

Abdus Salem killed

I think we are heading towards a very skewed income distribution pyramid.
Large businesses are expanded rapidly but small ones cannot even take off without running into red tapes.
We are not proliferating our indigenous industry as much as we possibly could.
At this rate we will end up with a nation where 100 or so conglomerate run the entire show, the signs are already here.
That's what happens in all the big succesful economies singular top companies run the show
South Korea is like controlled by Samsung

Abdus Salem killed

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

another_armchair

Country flag
Given how little we have achieved despite having the potential.

Saddens me that we have only one large garments cluster named Tiruppur.

Rest are too insignificant.

Garments industries generate mass employment and spawn ancillary/supportive industries too.

Sadly successive governments & Tiruppur lobby has kept competition out of the picture.

1670778590444.png

Despite all the big talk, having so many NIFT's, textile industry etc, the local industry is still not competitive on a global scale.

Chinese companies like Shien and others are eating into the daily clothing market share of medium to large brands too in US followed by Europe.

When will we wake up from our '5 trillion dollar economy day dream'? People and governments(Central & State) need to really move ass if that ceiling has to be breached. The general lethargy among local governments is terrible. Add hafta vasooli by goons and govt, it remains a challenge.

Govt. is more interested in FDI.

Without labor reforms and curbing blackmail by unions, its difficult to hit that USD 5 T mark. Unions are trying hard to get a major foothold in the IT services sector too...I hope reservations are not forced upon the pvt sector next.

Abdus Salem killed

Garments industries generate mass employment and spawn ancillary/supportive industries too.

Sadly successive governments & Tiruppur lobby has kept competition out of the picture.

View attachment 185681

Despite all the big talk, having so many NIFT's, textile industry etc, the local industry is still not competitive on a global scale.

Chinese companies like Shien and others are eating into the daily clothing market share of medium to large brands too in US followed by Europe.

When will we wake up from our '5 trillion dollar economy day dream'? People and governments(Central & State) need to really move ass if that ceiling has to be breached. The general lethargy among local governments is terrible. Add hafta vasooli by goons and govt, it remains a challenge.

Without labor reforms and curbing blackmail by unions, its difficult to hit that USD 5 T mark. Unions are trying hard to get a major foothold in the IT services sector too...I hope reservations are not forced upon the pvt sector next.
Disgusting that bar chart is trully disgusting i shuddered looking at it fking turkey is ahead of us 🤢🤢

Abdus Salem killed

View attachment 185681

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

View attachment 185681

All those big talks on textile production so far have remained bogus, as long as current government is deluded into thinking that the services sector is the only thing India needs to grow like that clown raghuram rajan says then we won't be able to improve our economy. Mega textile clusters in Bimaru states would mean massive reduction in poverty, massive reduction in migration to other states and massive improvement in India's overall socio-economic indicators.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles