Indian Economy: News and Discussion

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag

Lol what? Grayscale printing is ₹9 per page. This is what happens when you use 200% of your brain.
Price of getting print outs delivered at home. But I don't get the idea of fast delivery e commerce models. Do their delivery guys just keep waiting outside the shops or market places with helmet on, so that they can execute delivery in the minimum possible time. They will become a traffic hazard in my opinion

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Price of getting print outs delivered at home. But I don't get the idea of fast delivery e commerce models. Do their delivery guys just keep waiting outside the shops or market places with helmet on, so that they can execute delivery in the minimum possible time. They will become a traffic hazard in my opinion
predictive analysis can frontload a certain area with delivery guys based on past history, get redistributed as soon as order comes the area.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
predictive analysis can frontload a certain area with delivery guys based on past history, get redistributed as soon as order comes the area.
Ya'll Nibbiars Logic its my friends Logics.

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
They literally do wait outside their warehouse. If something is available in the warehouse, they will get it, if not from somewhere else. They are literally ready with their helmet on. I saw about 10 outside a warehouse in Bangalore.

Anandhu Krishna

Get in line boys. 6 million millionaires by 2030.

If you think you are among 6000000 of smartest people in India chances are you will be millionaires .

But you gotta invest in assets like land , business, stocks to take maximum advantage of this growth.

I personally think number of millionaires in India are vastly underestimated due to black money and not proper valuation of land properties ( specially agricultural). So in reality they may be even more millionaires by 2030.

Get going.
5 mil of these will move to foreign countries and pay tax there.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Suzuki is developing flex fuel engines that will be able to run on up to 85 percents ethanol blend. However, prior to their introduction, Maruti will roll out E85 compliant engines in India by April 2023. The Government of India had announced its plans to introduce 20 percents ethanol blending with petrol in some parts of the country from April 2023. At present, the petrol available in India has 10 15 percents ethanol ethanol. Any higher than 20 percents and the engines would require a few modifications essentially to handle the corrosive nature of the fuel. The Significant modifications to the ECU as well as injection and ignition systems would be required for the engines to run on E85. Moreover, India could also be the first market to get BS6 compliant E85 engines. And Meanwhile, Maruti Suzuki is also strengthening its CNG portfolio. Recently, the carmaker introduced the Swift CNG. The carmaker is also exploring Bio CNG as an alternative fuel.

And the it's a sensible plan. We can't put all our eggs in the EV basket alone. China anyway controls almost all lithium mining sans Australia. So, world and by extension India is bound to be dependent on China for their EVs in the near term and medium term. The world's leading battery researcher, BYD, is Chinese. Even our Indian EVs like Nexon already are sporting Chinese components galore. Any conflict will lay bare this dependency although to be true it is not the only item for which we are dependent on China. However till the time we have non rare earth battery tech available, one would remain worried. And So, we need to look at all other options like Hybrids, Fuel Cell vehicles, hydrogen vehicles, Bio CNG, ethanol etc. India is anyways a sugar surplus nation with rich sugarcane belts in UP and Maharashtra. So, supplies should not be an issue.

And Today Ethanol is made from molasses, a sugar byproduct. And molasses is largely used for liquor, especially whiskey. That’s why whiskeys with some exceptions in India are actually rum, artificially coloured and flavoured like whiskey. The Ethanol will actually be really helpful for sugarcane farmers. Today payment of sugarcane is largely delayed by months by sugarmills. This addition alternative use for the crop would give better market to sell their product.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
5 mil of these will move to foreign countries and pay tax there.
And will be replaced by 5 million here, if a businessman exits Indian market, someone else will fill the gap. Pkus you get more remittances and less woke urban naxalites who on twitter feel awkward seeing Tiranga in their own Apartments.

indiatester

Country flag
These are fraud companies doing their usual bs to keep VC funds coming in. Equally dumb are VCs who invest in these jokes. And isn’t Blinkit Grofers’ new name? Never thought Grofers will go so low to single IQ ideas.
If you think about it, its us who are the idiots.
The "entrepreneurs" and the "VCs" are usually old boys club. Most of the VC's are carved out of funds from large banks/Financial Institutions which inturn are funded from depositors money. They just use this route to ensure they get their cut of the pay.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Gujarat small towns are not good. But Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot are excellent. Infact taking cities as a whole they are better planned than any other historical cities in the country.

There is a massive urban housing program in Gujarat which cannot be compared to any other state,even in the smaller towns

How many Gujarat VIllages have you seen? Some of them are richer than any city of the country and some of them have best facilities than any damn good developed city.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
How many Gujarat VIllages have you seen? Some of them are richer than any city of the country and some of them have best facilities than any damn good developed city.
Yes, that s true. My only complaint is with the connectivity between cities and state Highways. Having travelled extensively in the state, majority of districts are good in terms of overall development level. Most taluka level administrative head points are having good development. Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Baroda are metro level cities. Some other cities with better development are Anand, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Himatnagar, Palanpur, Junagadh, Dwarka. But some are below average such as Amreli, Gir-Somanth, Kheda, Dahod etc. Some are extremely backward like Dang, Narmada, Chota Udepur, Panchmahal etc. These are also tribal belts where missionaries are active.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Tata Motors is developing an Three eight seat MPV and two eight seater SUV Crossovers based on the Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced OMEGA platform. While these plans are still in the Advance stages of the Development, an 8-seat MPVs from the company could compete with the likes of the Suzuki Ertiga, Mahindra Marazzo and the Toyota Innova Crysta. The Two SUVs Cross over will compate withe the Hyundai Cretas and Honda CRVs.

Last edited:

aakash_2410

Country flag
Charotar region / Old Kheda district (Kheda, Anand, Nadiad, Borsad) is arguably the most prosperous rural area of Gujarat / India. This is the region where Sardar Patel was from and the first Co-operative Dairy (Amul) of India was formed. So the region has always done relatively well.

Charotar Patidars (Wealthy Patels) hail from this area and there are a few NRIs in UK/US from every household in this region.

The same region suffered from DAILY 5-6 hr power cuts before Modi (Even under BJP rule when Keshubhai Patel was the CM). These power cuts were normally in the sweltering afternoon heat. Today due to government's help and Gujarati business acumen it's arguably the best rural area to live in. You'll find all the amenities you'll ever need in these villages from schools to colleges to good hospitals (not necessarily in your village but maybe in the next village or the next town) to swathes of good arable land to really good connectivity to villages nearby amd really good connectivity with big cities like Ahmedabad and Baroda thanks to the expressway.

People say what has Modi done, I know people who have witnessed first hand what he has done. From 5-6 hour daily power cuts to 0 hr power cut of him being in power only 1-2 years, to really good connectivity to nearby villages, cities and metros to improved access to basic amenities can't all be just a coincidence. Of course the fact that this region has highest number of NRIs and lot of remittance coming in has obviously helped, but government has defo more than helped.

ovalpiston

Country flag
If you think about it, its us who are the idiots.
The "entrepreneurs" and the "VCs" are usually old boys club. Most of the VC's are carved out of funds from large banks/Financial Institutions which inturn are funded from depositors money. They just use this route to ensure they get their cut of the pay.
Sorry OT, but this reminds of an interesting experience I had a long time ago (mid-00s). A friend and his partner had a startup were looking for accelerator funds . I was asked to join as a "consultant" for the presentation and meetings they were holding with potential investors. Trouble is although I was in the industry I could hardly qualify as an expert let alone be a consultant making product and strategic business strategy ! Long story short, it was a learning experience. Many of these startups are created with intention of gaining enough traction so someone buys them out within the first 2 to 3 yrs and the founders walk away with huge profit. Some startups are pure grifts to get people invest in them , the founders pay themselves huge paychecks and quietly exit. Very few startups have a goal of going the long distance and creating something that adds long term value. The investors too know the game but they just need 1 in 20 companies they invest in that either succeeds on its merit or gets acquired for a large sum.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles