Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Vinash

Country flag
whats with the number of people dying at such young age. Either something is wrong with Indian genetics or the diet or both...
Nothing wrong with genetics.

My Grandfather is 86 now and he's pretty strong for his age and he continues to walk a few KM everyday without any stick support.

My Uncle i.e his Son passed away in 2017 at the age of 53 due to Cancer.

Grandfather has spent all his life in a village doing farming. My Uncle on the otherhand spent all his adult life in a City. Lifestyle choices & Diet has changed significantly in India in 1 generation. Relatively Young people dying is one of the side-effects of Urbanization and our bodies are still adjusting to it.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Some one said this.

On someone insistence I had gone to visit one of the Supertech's sales office. The way they had created the sales office with audio/video room, swanky furniture, offers like 18% guaranteed rent etc. as quite crazy. If something in RE is too good to be true, it is probably not. The NCR builders are the biggest fraudsters in the world's.

Haldilal

Country flag
More importantly, what about his investments? He was one of the country's biggest financers.
Ya'll Nibbiars It's a done deal the family will look after the investments now. They can hire competent Persons for handling the Invetsments but for them the era of unprecedented growth is over.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Rakesh Jhunjhunwala was set to live in one of the most opulent homes in Mumbai. A privately owned building with almost 70,000 square feet at Malabar Hill. It was on its last few miles to completion. But he passed away just before that.

thebakofbakchod

See this is what people talk about when they mention the bangladesh economic game.

If you could look closely at the sportswear worn by top racers at the world's popular motorcycle race Isle of Man Tourist Trophy or even those worn by racers at Ireland's largest outdoor sporting event, the North West 200, you'd be surprised to find a red and green Made in Bangladesh tag.

In March of this year, it inaugurated a new factory, Finix Sportswear Limited, in the Chattogram EPZ with an investment of $6 million. It has around 2,000 workers in the 27-line factory.
According to the company, the export revenue in 2012 was $10 million, rising to $19 million in 2014. Since then, export income has increased each year, reaching $30 million in 2016, $50 million in 2018 and $110 million in 2021.

The company is now targeting earnings of $180-190 million in 2022.

We literally manufacture most of the raw material for the textile/RMG industry but are no where in the game. I am tracking the textile investment in the country quite regularly. The investment amount is literally non existent, especially those >100cr. Yet the 7 mitra park meme has been running for the last 2 years and work has yet to begin. States like UP and Bihar should have been building new textile parks every other week but both states have literally done nothing in the last 5 years.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Venkys India is setting up a new project for manufacture of Veterinary Medicine Products under its Animal Health Product Segment. The Company has acquired land admeasuring 50 acres land at MIDC, Village: Kesurdi, Tal: Khandala, District: Satara, Maharashtra for this purpose. Construction activities will commence in December 2021 and it is expected that the project will be completed by March 2022 and commercial production will commence by June 2022.

This project is to manufacture Veterinary Medicines Powders 600 Tonnes/Annum and Veterinary Medicines Liquids 300 Kilolitres I Annum to cater the growing demand from poultry industry. The Total cost of the project is estimated at Rs. 750 crore which will be funded from internal accruals. The proposed plant will be the second one from the Company and will be in compliance with the latest FDA regulation and expected to cater export needs also. The Company has already one plant located in Pune Maharashtra with a capacity of 600 Tonnes/Annum and the said capacity is utilized to the extent of 70 80 percents.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Adani cement Ltds. proposed 1,500 crores cement manufacturing plant in Shahpur and Shahbaj villages of Alibag taluka that will churn out about 4.5 million tonnes of cement per annum, and process about 0.5 million tonnes of fly-ash generated from thermal power plants per annum. The processed fly ash is proposed to be “used by local ready mix concrete players and construction contractors as a replacement of sand and cement in aggregate, helping in efficient disposal of fly ash.

thebakofbakchod

This is the pace south east asian countries grow. Most of these are invested by Chinese/japs and korean companies. How many states in India can boast of such pace of new industrial investments, especially in the high labour sectors

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The JLNPhenix Energy, an arm of Singapore-based CLN Energy, has started commercial production of lithium batteries from its new plant in the Indian state of Maharashtra.

The company has been assembling lithium batteries in India since 2019. With the latest addition in Maharashtra's Pune district, it now has an aggregate 550 MWh of lithium battery capacity in the country, including an operational 400 MWh-a-year factory in the Pune. The Pune facilities span 40,000 square feet and 20,000 square feet, respectively.

Butter Chicken

Country flag

This is the pace south east asian countries grow. Most of these are invested by Chinese/japs and korean companies. How many states in India can boast of such pace of new industrial investments, especially in the high labour sectors
What are you talking about? There are less than 2000 factories in the entire country.

NCR region probably has more units than this

Crazywithmath

Country flag
India also needs to manufacture in large scale low tech things like garments, shoes, furniture, toys, etc. We need to generate employment.

India has too large a pool of low skilled workers. Need to generate employment for them.
The trend in FDI in manufacturing is a secular trend; not sure what is meant by so-called 'low base'. I have not seen any indicator that points to the contrary. Also, thread seems to heavily rely on CMIE data (probably beacuse govt data is published a year later); which is very very very unreliable and at times completely arbitrary.

As for labor force participation; I think this has been discussed before. In pretty much every industrialising economy female lfpr tends to go down intitially (because more and more women stop working since they are no longer reqd to get involved in labor intensive jobs as family incomes rise) and bounces back after reaching a point when female lfpr across formal sector simultaneously picks up. We, in India, are nearing that point as of now and thus to extrapolate the ongoing trend is foolish.

As for future numbers, a 6-7% growth (as projected by most of the reports I have seen) amid global uncertainty will be FANTASTIC; especially when multiple global recessions are on their way and more and more nations are joining the queue to beg from the IMF.

You certainly can never arse me on this so do not dare tag me again.

Sod off now you ignoramus dopey cumbersome whinetard. No amount of education can redeem that lulzy semi literate arse of yours. Now as expected chaddistichers are at the door of imf with begging bowl. But that also you had retarded-ly consider some remarkable achievement only to viciously badmouth your own countrymen.

View attachment 167582
View attachment 167583

You do understand stem thingy is pretty new and at beginning phase in India. But if taken whole south Asian and south east asian and west of South Asia in general then we are only next to China. Despite that both China and India send students in record numbers to amreekunts. Thats why in stem fields like cs, which serve as talent pipelines for the likes of google,Microsoft - About upto 70 -80 percent of candidates and almost percent in master’s programs last year are international students there.

Decide what is arch nemesis again. Nevertheless Indx-Techstyle has dispatched the quality education already.

View attachment 167587
Mate, ignore. Same member used to simp for Sri Lanka and Bd not too long ago. I remember once he compared Indian economy with North Korea's and somehow concluded that both perform 'similarly'. Now he is doing that comparison with some African nations; well at least the bar has moved a little higher is all I would say. I wonder who India will be compared with once these African economies go to IMF in a few months ........

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag

Oh comon is that achievement
Real achievement is giving 1000 Rs to each and every farmer

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The new Donaldson facility is 500,000 square feet, located at Chakan Industrial Area in Pune, at the cost of 500 crores and is being inaugurated by Andrew Dahlgren, Vice President of Donaldson Asia Pacific. The industrial dust, fume and mist collectors and filters produced at the plant for the Indian submarine Continent Markets. The collectors and filters, part of Donaldson’s Industrial Filtration Solutions reporting unit, help manufacturers increase efficiency, reduce operating costs and provide a cleaner workspace for employees.

thebakofbakchod

What are you talking about? There are less than 2000 factories in the entire country.

NCR region probably has more units than this
Cambodia's total population is less than Delhi, at around 16million. How many regions of bimaru states have this much factories and growth? Their GDP per capita is around $1600, so similar to many regions in UP and Rajasthan

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
How many Indian's dumped Chinese phones after Galwan?

I did.

I made a conscious effort to reduce China maal as much as I could.

Even went so far and bought a Croma TV when my old TV conked off so what if the sales guy was trying hard to push an LG/MI/Vivo TV. The TV is average but I was fine with it because I hardly watch TV.

Yeah.. I am a deranged 'bhakt' but its the best I can do when I ask others 'What did you do after Galwan'?

Still trading crypto? Still buying Vivo calling it world class.. sure the public is not at fault, Modi is subsidizing Chinese products under some yojana no? /Sarc

I settled for less. Will the rest of our countrymen will?

Read 'Arey, girne par Micromax ka backcover nikal aata hai..' in another thread. True, why settle for less when China has your back covered? Its ok, they will stick a knife on your back only once in a decade, ok, maybe few.. perhaps a century then. They are so nice after all.
Ordered a japnese fountain pen , kts 1300 rupees costlier but chalta hai
We have no issue with japnese guys after all

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Cambodia's total population is less than Delhi, at around 16million. How many regions of bimaru states have this much factories and growth? Their GDP per capita is around $1600, so similar to many regions in UP and Rajasthan
Cambodia (not to belittle them in any way) is yet another cheeni debt-trapped less complex economy about to explode anyday; do not write posts like Indian MSM.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
Switch Mobility, the electric vehicle subsidiary of Ashok Leyland has entered into an agreement with app-based public transport operator " Chalo " to supply more than 5,000 electric buses over three years.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I have a solution, for this
1 secede to chiense territorial demands
2 beg for massive investment from chiense in all things , you want rapid industrialisation isn't it , only Chinese can give you that .
If you are happy with this, then it's feasible
Tell me why shouod a company invest in any part of India vs other Asian countries, what we give them which others can't.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles