Indian Economy: News and Discussion

SKC

Country flag
Why blame the public when our politician and industrialists showed no shame and allowed chinese evil products into india.A custom officer can burn all those chinese items and prevent it from reaching indian market if our industries can replace chinese products if our politician could have invested in r&d in industry to cut chinese economy rather than giving free electricity and subsidies to food mafia.
What shame??
Where would you import these items other than China?

We are working on to produce as much items as possible in Indian in-place of importing from China. But this does not means each and every items on earth will be made in India and there would be no import from China or any other country.

It is simply not possible to make everything 100% indigenously. Even the Products which are made completely in India can have internal units having individual items imported from other country.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What shame??
Where would you import these items other than China?

We are working on to produce as much items as possible in Indian in-place of importing from China. But this does not means each and every items on earth will be made in India and there would be no import from China or any other country.

It is simply not possible to make everything 100% indigenously. Even the Products which are made completely in India can have internal units having individual items imported from other country.
I blame it on our future planners

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Why blame the public when our politician and industrialists showed no shame and allowed chinese evil products into india.
Politicians and industrialists are more likely to take the safest of options that public give them.

-people tell politicians, if there is price rise we will vote you out.
-people tell industrialists, if you increase prices of your products, we will not buy from you.
-only a few people say, we will not buy chinese products, that too seasonal.

SKC

Country flag
The impossibility of replacing China in the near term.
Where?

Though there can not be 100% replacement of all things being imported from China. Even when we start making things here, raw material or specialized individual components may still come from outside.

It is not feasible to make each and everything inside the country and frankly you don't have to make each things internally.

Even the most important defence related things of USA has individual components imported from all over the world.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Dimagi santulan kho baithe ho??
Go see some good doctor and take your medicines on time.
Ya'll Nibbiars you also. You seem to have last after your barbadi in December last year.

another_armchair

Country flag
Where?

Though there can not be 100% replacement of all things being imported from China. Even when we start making things here, raw material or specialized individual components may still come from outside.

It is not feasible to make each and everything inside the country and frankly you don;t have to make each things internally.

Even the most important defence related things of USA has individual components imported from all over the world.
100% replacement is impossible. Not in the current state.

I misinterpreted your reaction to my post and replied to you. I see you've changed it.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars you also. You seem to have last after your barbadi in December last year.
Han wo to hai. Usse kaise bacha ja sakta hai!
Upar wale se dua hai ki tumhara Nikaah bhi jald ho!

SKC

Country flag
100% replacement is impossible. Not in the current state.

I misinterpreted your reaction to my post and replied to you. I see you've changed it.
It is not possible in any state we are in. Even US and EU imports stuff from Asia for their most critical items.

So, we don't have to make each and everything inside. We should focus on building a complete product inhouse irrespective of where the components are coming from.

We are not good enough in building finished product currently. We are focusing on making small small things instead of Specialized engineering things like big CNC machines, Tunneling machines, Electronic components manufacturing machine, etc.

another_armchair

Country flag
It is not possible in any state we are in. Even US and EU imports stuff from Asia for their most critical items.

So, we don't have to make each and everything inside. We should focus on building a complete product inhouse irrespective of where the components are coming from.

We are not good enough in building finished product currently. We are focusing on making small small things instead of Specialized engineering things like big CNC machines, Tunneling machines, Electronic components manufacturing machine, etc.
My uncle used to work at HEC Ranchi. Back in the days, one could build almost anything for that era.

Strikes, sabotage by workers, poor productivity never let us realize its full potential.

Machinery imported from Russia used to be sabotaged and destroyed by workers.

Why blame China or Government when the we Indians are a fucked up lot?

MGB will try to push for reservations in the service sector(IT-ITES) if it ever comes to power. If we don't resist and push back hard, we will see a repeat of what killed our manufacturing capability from the 60's to 90's and set us behind by decades.

@DEV1729 is right to an extent given how politicians(opposition or ruling), babus do irreparable damage by doing or just watching things burn from a safe distance.

Our apathy to our own self destruction by a tiny minority(not religious) is criminal at best.

SKC

Country flag
My uncle used to work at HEC Ranchi. Back in the days, one could build almost anything for that era.

Strikes, sabotage by workers, poor productivity never let us realize its full potential.

Why blame China or Government when the we Indians are a fucked up lot?

MGB will try to push for reservations in the service sector(IT-ITES) if it ever comes to power. If we don't resist and push back hard, we will see a repeat of what killed our manufacturing capability from the 60's to 90's and set us behind by decades.

@DEV1729 is right to an extent given how politicians(opposition or ruling), babus do irreparable damage by doing or just watching things burn from a safe distance.

Our apathy to our own self destruction by a tiny minority(not religious) is criminal at best.
My Father worked for a house appliance manufacturing company for over 15 years.
That company was OEM for appliances sold under big brands like, Bajaj, Polar, Mahalaxmi, etc.

When the indian market was opened in 1991-92 crises, that company was the first company in India to manufacture lot of new design appliances like, modern heat convector, JMG, New age coolers, etc.

Do you think that was made totally indigenous?? Big NO.

All these appliances were developed under TOT from a Swedish company in 1993-94 and then on my father's company made them for all these big brands. This was done here in Noida in 90s.

So when you claim my uncle worked in that company and we were making all things completely in India is just an illusion. A lot of these products were made with TOT from some Eastern EU or central EU country. and a Lot of components were coming from Europe and Japan and South Asia during that time.

another_armchair

Country flag
My Father worked for a house appliance manufacturing company for over 15 years.
That company was OEM for appliances sold under big brands like, Bajaj, Polar, Mahalaxmi, etc.

When the indian market was opened in 1991-92 crises, that company was the first company in India to manufacture lot of new design appliances like, modern heat convector, JMG, New age coolers, etc.

Do you think that was made totally indigenous?? Big NO.

All these appliances were developed under TOT from a Swedish company in 1993-94 and then on my father's company made them for all these big brands. This was done here in Noida in 90s.

So when you claim my uncle worked in that company and we were making all things completely in India is just an illusion. A lot of these products were made with TOT from some Eastern EU or central EU country. and a Lot of components were coming from Europe and Japan and South Asia during that time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Engineering_Corporation

HEC was was not really into consumer durables and 100% indigenization is difficult/impossible to achieve.

I quoted it as an example to state how it lived well below its potential and continues to do so.

SKC

Country flag
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Engineering_Corporation

HEC was was not really into consumer durables and 100% indigenization is difficult/impossible to achieve.

I quoted it as an example to state how it lived well below its potential and continues to do so.
The wiki article itself mentions one of the unit was made with association with Czech company. As I said lot of these so called 'Internally making everything' companies made products with TOT from Eastern and Central EU countries. Also these PSU or Central companies were making same design they acquired in 50s, 60s till end of 80s without a single change in the design.

The famous Amby car was based on a British car from 50s and was made till 2000s without any major except of engine option 2 times.

another_armchair

Country flag
The wiki article itself mentions one of the unit was made with association with Czech company. As I said lot of these so called 'Internally making everything' companies made products with TOT from Eastern and Central EU countries. Also these PSU or Central companies were making same design they acquired in 50s, 60s till end of 80s without a single change in the design.

The famous Amby car was based on a British car from 50s and was made till 2000s without any major except of engine option 2 times.

Arey baba, HEC is a legacy of Soviet era. There used to be a hostel named Russian hostel meant to house 'gora' engineers majority of whom were from Russia. Nothing indigenous about it but it was at least there on Indian soil and had some potential. It was an opportunity wasted.

All I am trying to emphasize upon is there was little to no innovation though it had the potential. As for product design, development and evolution at PSU's, look no further than OFB.
Opportunity is there, but no progress - ' gib me machine, gib me design, supply raw material, i make'.. with 'tot' being the pivot.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Han wo to hai. Usse kaise bacha ja sakta hai!
Upar wale se dua hai ki tumhara Nikaah bhi jald ho!
Ya'll Nibbiars In the financial conditions I am in and with no looks, no personality, No money, No property, No land, No assets. I even sold my last remaining shares and Bonds and other type of Financial Instruments and Debt Instruments to cover the money that was remaining ajd the needed for the trust apartment. I have debt to repay toward @AIETO, My current salary is not enough to cover all the Expenses and still not got its. I don't think it gona even happen.

another_armchair

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars In the financial conditions I am in and with no looks, no personality, No money, No property, No land, No assets. I even sold my last remaining shares and Bonds and other type of Financial Instruments and Debt Instruments to cover the money that was remaining ajd the needed for the trust apartment. I have debt to repay toward @AIETO, My current salary is not enough to cover all the Expenses and still not got its. I don't think it gona even happen.
1660382244349.png

Billay tera number aayega, swayamvar bhi hoga.

1660382375890.png

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Invest in yourself, there is no other option.
People are born in different circumstances but everyone is born with time in their hands.
If we spend whatever time is available to us in productive activities the results will come.

I myself am trying to improve everyday on this.

sauntheninja

Country flag
You just started your career right? With experience you can get better paying jobs

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles