Indian Economy: News and Discussion

another_armchair

Country flag
I fully understand the diff. My point is that Once banks have written off the loan ( which happens after all recovery methods are tried) , they will have no motivation to recover them. It goes into the cycle of DRT/ milords while banks absolutely own no responsibility for lending that loan. Ultimately, they get more money from RBI to pay more loans for so called "growth".

I am yet to see a single action being taken against any bank who lended these huge sums. Did any head moved for loans given to like of choksi, mallya and modi or that diamond trader...Zilch.

On the Mallya case.. I am curious how did banks recover when the collateral given were dead ... One classic collateral was brank name of "kingfisher" :D

I can bet that once khangress or any non BJP govt is in place first guy to be investigated will be "Adani".
I am afraid you don't or you wouldn't add "My point is that Once banks have written off the loan ( which happens after all recovery methods are tried) , they will have no motivation to recover them."

Why wouldn't banks be inclined to recover debts? They not only try to recover the outstanding money but also interest and other penalty from the debtor.

Choksi and Mallya are nothing when compared to large defaulters like Essar, Videocon and others. Sadly, media picks a favorite whipping boy and runs the story for TRPs.

On the Mallya case.. I am curious how did banks recover when the collateral given were dead ... One classic collateral was brank name of "kingfisher"
Bet you didn't read my post or you wouldn't ask 'how did banks recover'. :pound:

That Banksters are crooks is a foregone conclusion.

How does it matter how the money was recovered from the debtor as long as banks got their money back.

Last edited:

another_armchair

Country flag
Did he paid up the interest too.. Or shud i say banks recovered the interest too... ultimately, he did paid anything.. banks encashed the few available collaterals..
ED attached Mallya's shares he owned as promoter of the UB and other groups, sold them in open market and gave the proceeds to the bank. The seized property with ED and other agencies probably amount to more than what he originally owed the Banks.

No fan of Mallya. He was no saint and had plenty of haters but he had the ability to bring in the moolah.

His RCB after parties cost upwards of Rs. 15,000 per entry and there used to be a mad rush to join it. Most often, entry was only after scrutinizing who one was. Entry was denied to most even if they could afford it.

Mallya, Nirav Modi are tiny specs in the NPA landscape.

Videocon's Dhoot .. lol .. their books showed inventory but the warehouses were empty. My chaddi buddy was a big guy at Videocon Next.. he bailed out just in time after figuring out shit was about to hit the fan... and it eventually did.

Then there was a well politically connected Essar... Mallya, Nirav etc make for good TRP's because of their flamboyant lifestyle. Dekho.. bank ka paisa leke aish kar rahe hain.

Last edited:

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Seawater have estimated 5 billion metric ton uranium.IISER have developed a rare ionic macroporous metalorganic framework, which can effectively capture uranium. They managed to capture 95 per cent of uranium within two hours, which is in sharp contrast to the other existing adsorbent.

They need special security.

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
Can they get lithium like this? .. I know lithium is of far lesser value but it is estimated that sea water has a significant share of the world's lithium.
Thats relatively tough job as much as I remember Geological survey is already into lithium extraction business.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Massive 1,30,00,000 Sq. Ft. Of Saleable / Leashable Space Mixed Used development is about to be launched in the Jijamat Mata Nagar Revedlopment Project in worli Mumbai by the Pristige Group. This will require a Investment of 30,00,000 crores spanning over a decades. And this is the single largest Construction Project in the History of the Real Estate in India.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Onkar Sakhar Karkhana Pvt. Ltd. to invest 314 crore rupees for expansion of its sugar manufacturing facility at Solapur in Maharashtra.

The expansion with include:
- 10 MW Cogen power
- 150 KLPD ethanol unit

The total unit will generate 250 jobs.

Haldilal

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag

Kumata

Country flag

Concessional tax impact

An analysis of the impact of the concessional tax incentive shows that out of the total corporate returns of income in 2019-20, 1.45 lakh opted for the concessional tax rate involving a total income of Rs 9.33 lakh crore under Section 115BAA and 1,244 have taken the option under Section 115BAB involving a total income of Rs 35.13 crore. Thus, 15.85 per cent of the companies having 62 per cent of the total income have opted for the new tax scheme

The estimated shortfall due to this move was Rs 87,835 crore in 2019-20 and 96,400 crore in 2020-21, noted a report by a parliamentary panel. The figures for 2021-22 have not been revealed but are estimated to be over Rs 1 lakh crore.

Haldilal

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag

another_armchair

Country flag

18% GST on house rent for tenants controversy: Responding to social media posts claiming that tenants would now have to pay 18% Goods and Services Tax (GST) on house rent, the Government’s official fact-checker today said such claims were misleading.

PIB Fact Check clarified on Twitter that there would be no GST when a house is rented to a private person for personal use. GST would also not apply even when the proprietor or partner of a firm wants to rent a residence for personal use.

However, renting of the residential unit will become taxable if the property is rented to a business entity.

Inki gaand mein khujli zaroor ho rahi hai.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles