Indian Economy: News and Discussion

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
U.S economy
========
BREAKING: GDP fell 0.9% in Q2, the second straight decline and a strong recession signal.

WH Press Secretary Jean-Pierre denies claims that White House officials are "redefining recession" following two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Karnataka Industrial Areas Dev. Board allocates 80 acres land to Exide Energy Solutions Ltd at Aerospace Park in Bengaluru to set up its Li-ion battery manufacturing facility. And The Exide intends to invest over 6,000 crore rupees in this unit, which will generate 1400 jobs.

Haldilal

Country flag

Rxbanda

Country flag
U.S economy
========
BREAKING: GDP fell 0.9% in Q2, the second straight decline and a strong recession signal.

WH Press Secretary Jean-Pierre denies claims that White House officials are "redefining recession" following two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth.

This is the second quarter in a row that the GDP of US is below zero. Yet USD is becoming stronger. I don’t understand this. Can you please explain?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
This is the second quarter in a row that the GDP of US is below zero. Yet USD is becoming stronger. I don’t understand this. Can you please explain?
Extremely simplistic and naive explanation : US treasury keeps on printing USD and rest of world keeps buying these dollars. Their are several additional reasons but are complicated to explain in post.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Very simple, sovereign bonds + corporate bonds are issued in US dollar and paid in US dollar. Interest rate increases globally and payments increase so demand increases.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Extremely simplistic and naive explanation : US treasury keeps on printing USD and rest of world keeps buying these dollars. Their are several additional reasons but are complicated to explain in post.
you just explained supply of dollar from FED

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
one angle is the one which has been explained above, which was printing of excess liquidity in the name of quantitative easing.

the other side though not accepted by muricans is that they have a supply side issue, lockdowns in china and high fuel prices are impacting the supply, supply down - demand up (due to savings made by people during lockdown) and as a result inflation up, when inflation up people pick and choose where to spend, which in turn is effecting GDP growth.

another_armchair

Country flag
U.S economy
========

It was -1.6 in June. July has been marginally better at -0.9.

1659025041007.png

another_armchair

Country flag
US sold over two trillion USD worth of T-10 bonds in the month of July in no time.. when all other currencies got buggered out of shape.

Who says there's no demand for the global reserve currency... plus over 2% returns on USD when held against your weaker currency means decent returns for a local Govt. particularly for countries like Japan, EU and even China.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
Here is what my understanding -

More potato in the market , less ll be its price . Lets say you go to market and buy 1 ton potato . Then there ll be less potato in the market . That means more demand for comparatively less potato that remained in the market . which ll result in increase in value of potato . Potato which costs rs5 ll cost more than that .

USA fed has been increasing interest . That means it is sucking up dollars from market by giving higher interest . Its like repo reverse repo of RBI . Less dollar in the market because USA fed sucked up dollars by giving good return , Now less dollars means their value ll increase .

armortec

U.S economy
========

White House wumaos changed the definition of "recession" on Wikipedia and then locked the page.

no smoking

Country flag
Put it this way:

Comparing to other developed countries, US interest rate is higher. So you can borrow loans from other developed countries in their currencies with lower interest, then turn into US dollars and invest in US financial market, getting better return. So, there is a lot of hot money from Europe and Japan is buying US dollar.

Meanwhile, there is a war in Europe and the recession is coming, international financial capital is looking for a less risky place to stay. Who is the best place? The answer is US. The developing countries (including India) have too much uncertainties and too much regulation, and the most important issue is too small to accommodate such a scale of inflow.

So, basically, the reason is: the demand for US dollar is going up even though the US economy is shrinking.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The CIDCO invited bids for construction of roads in NAINA SEZ in Mumbai Metropolitan Region in the state of Maharashtra. The Project cost 160 crore rupee. The construction of the Indias largest Planned City Kick Starts.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars This is the lawless wild wild west Noida. Many don't want to go into a register agreement in order to save some money and stuck with this. I still don't understand why people like Kumata Nibba but house in the Tofu buildings. Their construction quality are worst in the country.

Roshan

Country flag

I dont get it. How the fk does the SC hear cases like this days after being filed while millions of other cases are not solved after decades. Someone seriously needs to put these milords in their place
SC decision can be struck down. Someone from a HC the selves said they are not knowledgeable about every issue under the sun that people go and file PILs whenever they are dissatisfied even over a non issue so that they can gum up the works.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag

I dont get it. How the fk does the SC hear cases like this days after being filed while millions of other cases are not solved after decades. Someone seriously needs to put these milords in their place
Ecosystem to keep india backward has been created over decades . There are enough vested interest groups both external and internal to sustain it . They are just doing their job . It wont work this time .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles