Indian Economy: News and Discussion

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Successful testing of India’s first 5G private network announced by Bharti Airtel
The nation's first 5G private network was successfully tested by Bharti Airtel at Bosch Automotive Electronics' plant in Bengaluru. The trial occurs in advance of a 5G spectrum auction.

Posted byMadhavi Gaur Published On July 19th, 2022
1658224485430.jpeg

The nation’s first 5G private network was successfully tested by Bharti Airtel at Bosch Automotive Electronics’ plant in Bengaluru. The trial occurs in advance of a 5G spectrum auction in the midst of a conflict between telecom and IT firms over the allocation of airwaves for private networks. Using the government-allocated trial spectrum, Airtel deployed two industrial-grade use cases at Bosch’s facility for quality enhancement and operational efficiency.

KEY POINTS:

• In both quality enhancement and operational efficiency, automated activities were driven by 5G technology, including mobile broadband and ultra-reliable low-latency communications, providing faster scale-up and fewer downtimes, the business said in a statement.
  • The private network, which was set up as a test, can handle hundreds of linked devices and provide throughput of several GBPS.
  • According to Ajay Chitkara, director and CEO of Airtel Business, Airtel is committed to assisting India’s digital transformation and the growth of its business as it aspires to achieve global size.
  • According to Subhash P, head of technical functions at Bosch Automotive Electronics India, the Airtel Private 5G network’s low latency and dependable connectivity, which were experienced at our plant during the proof of concept, have allowed them to increase production and efficiency.
  • The use of 5G will greatly reduce the amount of wired IT infrastructure and improve operational effectiveness.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Is not NON BJP CM.s also accusing him of same thing now... Mamta, Kejuddin Et all ....
accusations are part of the political rhetoric, it's fine. that's between political parties to sort this out. issue here is elected CM having to deal with unelected institution like planning commission. incase you plan to bring in niti aayog, niti aayog does not have financial authority over states.

question is, are the old problems still continuing. the answer is no, since new laws have been created specifically to deal with these old problems mentioned in this article.

old issues in this case were:
-timely disbursements of state's tax share,
-more flexibility to states to implement their own schemes at state level without having to take permission from unelected bureaucrats in planning commission,
-compensation to states in case of tax shortfall.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Successful testing of India’s first 5G private network announced by Bharti Airtel
The nation's first 5G private network was successfully tested by Bharti Airtel at Bosch Automotive Electronics' plant in Bengaluru. The trial occurs in advance of a 5G spectrum auction.

Posted byMadhavi Gaur Published On July 19th, 2022
View attachment 164489

The nation’s first 5G private network was successfully tested by Bharti Airtel at Bosch Automotive Electronics’ plant in Bengaluru. The trial occurs in advance of a 5G spectrum auction in the midst of a conflict between telecom and IT firms over the allocation of airwaves for private networks. Using the government-allocated trial spectrum, Airtel deployed two industrial-grade use cases at Bosch’s facility for quality enhancement and operational efficiency.

KEY POINTS:

• In both quality enhancement and operational efficiency, automated activities were driven by 5G technology, including mobile broadband and ultra-reliable low-latency communications, providing faster scale-up and fewer downtimes, the business said in a statement.
  • The private network, which was set up as a test, can handle hundreds of linked devices and provide throughput of several GBPS.
  • According to Ajay Chitkara, director and CEO of Airtel Business, Airtel is committed to assisting India’s digital transformation and the growth of its business as it aspires to achieve global size.
  • According to Subhash P, head of technical functions at Bosch Automotive Electronics India, the Airtel Private 5G network’s low latency and dependable connectivity, which were experienced at our plant during the proof of concept, have allowed them to increase production and efficiency.
  • The use of 5G will greatly reduce the amount of wired IT infrastructure and improve operational effectiveness.

Regarding 5G remember we developed India specific 5G standard called 5Gi. All Telecos protested against this.
Whether the issue is resolved since we are going to do 5G spectrum auction soon or GoI will throw it in Dustbin?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Regarding 5G remember we developed India specific 5G standard called 5Gi. All Telecos protested against this.
Whether the issue is resolved since we are going to do 5G spectrum auction soon or GoI will throw it in Dustbin?
telco protests were for something else, isn't it? not 5Gi.
after huawei ban and 5gi being incorporated into 5G standards, they don't have a choice now.

Kumata

Country flag
accusations are part of the political rhetoric, it's fine. that's between political parties to sort this out. issue here is elected CM having to deal with unelected institution like planning commission. incase you plan to bring in niti aayog, niti aayog does not have financial authority over states.

question is, are the old problems still continuing. the answer is no, since new laws have been created specifically to deal with these old problems mentioned in this article.

old issues in this case were:
-timely disbursements of state's tax share,
-more flexibility to states to implement their own schemes at state level without having to take permission from unelected bureaucrats in planning commission,
-compensation to states in case of tax shortfall.
Correct. There are no holy cows so your earlier statement that Baba is following federal strcuture et all is pure copium that we are consuming to placade ourselves as "all is well" .

Old issues till exist. I recently remember momta di stopping MNAREGA payments to workers since centre did not release funds , Another being states crying centre not releasing timely payments of GST Collected.

As for GST council goes, Yes members are elected representative ( FM of states i guess ) but were they elected to council by virtues of their understanding of economics or b,cause they are FM ...

Will leave the discussion with below from commie auntie

1658232655804.png

Did not while implementing GST baba said VAT was complex and not friendly bla bla and now resorting to same for GST.

I still did not understood how present levy will curb tax leakage since earlier there was no tax on these items to begin with.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be some 786 logic being followed by JNU tai :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edit - On a serious note .. She is least bothered with inflation or anything. All she is interested is in putting the blame on oppisiton states saying they "agreed" so we implemented it across india since BJP ruled states are anyways just for academic purpose only as "yes" Man.

U cannot sell Items like Milk , Curd etc loose so govt saw a opportunity ...it;s plain simple greed to earn additional 5% for their party fund...

here she is basically saying that biggies were not happy that they are paying 5% and loosing out while small fishes are not allowing them to eat so to help them she imposed this levy...

So key is to make a association and hire lobby groups... she will listen else u r nobody...This way those 4 or 5 Percent tax payers too shud make a association and create lobby groups.. perhaps she might hear us as well than saying "Thank you" in her next budget speech...

No doubt she will shortly make a statement,... I don't eat milk, curd and rice so not bothered.. Pls pay 5% and baba is anyways on "maun vrat" unless he see a gora saab standing there...or a cutlet being affected...

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Correct. There are no holy cows so your earlier statement that Baba is following federal strcuture et all is pure copium that we are consuming to placade ourselves as "all is well" .

Old issues till exist. I recently remember momta di stopping MNAREGA payments to workers since centre did not release funds , Another being states crying centre not releasing timely payments of GST Collected.

As for GST council goes, Yes members are elected representative ( FM of states i guess ) but were they elected to council by virtues of their understanding of economics or b,cause they are FM ...

View attachment 164498

Did not while implementing GST baba said VAT was complex and not friendly bla bla and now resorting to same for GST.

I still did not understood how present levy will curb tax leakage since earlier there was no tax on these items to begin with.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The average GST compares to previous taxes (of an average of 20 to 25%) stands at 11.3% today.
Do note, at inception, the GST was 18% average.

The GST council or if the blame has to be taken by Modi; post-GST Modi government has reduced the average GST by 5-7%. Since the Pre-GST era, Indians are paying almost 10% fewer taxes on average.

hit&run

Mod
These are the kind of topics which have high educational value which can explain entire supply chain of an industry, and these stories deserve videos to be made like the ones business insider makes.

sad part is that even in 2022, there is no one in India who is investing in making educational videos about our own industries except GoI. these sort of things will have impact in terms of opportunity. costs.

Why Jasmine Oil Is So Expensive | So Expensive | Business Insider

How Sacred Flowers Are Turned Into Incense Sticks | World Wide Waste
Looks like we are on the same Youtube target algorithm.

Kumata

Country flag
The average GST compares to previous taxes (of an average of 20 to 25%) stands at 11.3% today.
Do note, at inception, the GST was 18% average.

The GST council or if the blame has to be taken by Modi; post-GST Modi government has reduced the average GST by 5-7%. Since the Pre-GST era, Indians are paying almost 10% fewer taxes on average.
hehehe you are comparing oranges with karela here... I am not aware which Avg u are talking of here and Which GST reduction.... As for as i can see...the price of 10 KG flour which used to be around 270-280 earlier is now 370 Post GST ...while the list of Sin goods have increased multifold....so basically everyhting is a Sin good these days..

hit&run

Mod
hehehe you are comparing oranges with karela here... I am not aware which Avg u are talking of here and Which GST reduction.... As for as i can see...the price of 10 KG flour which used to be around 270-280 earlier is now 370 Post GST ...while the list of Sin goods have increased multifold....so basically everyhting is a Sin good these days..
You can not run an economy just by making bags of flour pivotal to the policy.

There are always averages and larger macro economic markers and forecasts to balance especially when Inflations all over the globe are in red.

Kumata

Country flag
Pls prey one don,t end up in a decent hospital...

and Bank cheque.. thats a LOL movement.. If i keep money in Bank..I pay to bank.. if i keep at home than i am a black marketer... Either way...U pay get nothing in return and than pay to withdraw as well..
1658234146044.png

Kumata

Country flag

There are always averages and larger macro economic markers and forecasts to balance especially when Inflations all over the globe are in red.
Than you should claim so than bragging with chest wide open :) :) .

Anyways , this is what we always take shed under when trying to defend the non defensible

Crazywithmath

Country flag

bringing 80-90% of the items at say, 12 - 15% uniform rate might rationalize the entire structure. Question is can they do it? This GoI has majority everywhere, from the lower house to the GST council, but backs out from important reforms the second things go even marginally south.

Last edited:

hit&run

Mod

Some body should ask her as how One can sell loose "Curd , milk, Besan, Puffed rice aka poha, Atta aka flour,
Just ignore their rants because they will keep it simple as more complex explanations invite more nitpicking.

This is how they operate. They take bad PR by sounding stupid but relying on electoral craft to stay in power while making tough calls on the macro-economical scale.

Same people who are running naked on the Sri Lank thread enjoying their fall are now crying about why India is increasing the taxes. Not to mention how some people laugh at Pakistani threads seeing IMF telling them to increase revenues but not learning what this whole game is all about.

India is not just in a comfortable Inflation spectrum that can hold its revenues or maybe make more money by increasing taxes but also in a very comfortable GST average.

Not a strawman fallacy because strawmen are fictional but the example of SL and PAK is right in front of us. Rather than IMF or other global actors telling us how we should run our economy we can tackle the global trend proactively.

Read Transmission of Monetory policy to understand how at marco economic markers manged well help economy at Flour bag levels.

Kumata

Country flag
Just ignore their rants because they will keep it simple as more complex explanations invite more nitpicking.

This is how they operate. They take bad PR by sounding stupid but relying on electoral craft to stay in power while making tough calls on the macro-economical scale.

Same people who are running naked on the Sri Lank thread enjoying their fall are now crying about why India is increasing the taxes. Not to mention how some people laugh at Pakistani threads seeing IMF telling them to increase revenues but not learning what this whole game is all about.

India is not just in a comfortable Inflation spectrum that can hold its revenues or maybe make more money by increasing taxes but also in a very comfortable GST average.

Not a strawman fallacy because strawmen are fictional but the example of SL and PAK is right in front of us. Rather than IMF or other global actors telling us how we should run our economy we can tackle the global trend proactively.

Read Transmission of Monetory policy to understand how at marco economic markers manged well help economy at Flour bag levels.
Nobody is crying against taxes... I am all for giving away .... anyways considering overall, Everybody already pays anywhere between 50 to 60 Percent of their current earnings as Taxes... and any body with salary income does that...already..without sitting on road for year or blocking anyone.. with a smile..

Point is Different for me. My blood boils when babus spend crores on Chai samosa in south block and get the stadiums empty...
my blood boils when JNU tai says "thak you" and imposes one more "cess" when GST was implemented to get rid of this culture..
my blood boils when i pay tax again on my already taxed income..
my blood boils when i pay toll when i have already paid road tax and a good 60% as tax while buying a car ...Offcoure i spend considerable amount in car maintainance also since the contractor for road building was local MLA's relative and build a road on paper

My blood boils when So called poor enjoys his Dish TV in his Desert cooler or Air conditioned jhuggi in the middle of prime land with free electricity and get ration free as he is Poor...

List is endless.....We tolerated everything that govt threw at us but did govt repaid back that faith... Ultimately in shittocracy i heard that they are answerable to people....

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

View attachment 164498

Edit - On a serious note .. She is least bothered with inflation or anything. All she is interested is in putting the blame on oppisiton states saying they "agreed" so we implemented it across india since BJP ruled states are anyways just for academic purpose only as "yes" Man.

U cannot sell Items like Milk , Curd etc loose so govt saw a opportunity ...it;s plain simple greed to earn additional 5% for their party fund...

here she is basically saying that biggies were not happy that they are paying 5% and loosing out while small fishes are not allowing them to eat so to help them she imposed this levy...

So key is to make a association and hire lobby groups... she will listen else u r nobody...This way those 4 or 5 Percent tax payers too shud make a association and create lobby groups.. perhaps she might hear us as well than saying "Thank you" in her next budget speech...

No doubt she will shortly make a statement,... I don't eat milk, curd and rice so not bothered.. Pls pay 5% and baba is anyways on "maun vrat" unless he see a gora saab standing there...or a cutlet being affected...
going by past precedents, even if i spend time going point by point to your post, scope of discussion will keep expanding but never reach any agreement or conclusion. can't compete with a belief system.

Kumata

Country flag
going by past precedents, even if i spend time going point by point to your post, scope of discussion will keep expanding but never reach any agreement or conclusion. can't compete with a belief system.
Beliefs are not inherited in thin air but by what we see and observe :)

Anyways I am not derailing anymore.. My problem is i cannot see this "all is well" anymore and be like a duck with head buried in sand... For a change... I hope we all agree that Baba need a better FM... she is just lucky IMO with no understanding of ground situations ....

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
Aequs & Hindalco in strategic alliance for commercial aerospace sector

Aequs operates the largest aero machining facility in India with over 1 million machining hours delivered per year from the Belagavi Aerospace Cluster.

There is another news related to hindalco -

Hindalco, Israel's Phinergy partner to develop aluminium-air batteries for EVs in India

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles