Indian Economy: News and Discussion

tribendra bisoi.

No. We need jobs and move away from agriculture. Everyone can't be a IT worker or Service industry worker.
+ Indian market will absorb the manufacturing we do so pur imports will be in control and boost our exports.

I don't know where this mentality of ignoring manufacturing comes from - complacency from IT growth and no knowledge about unemployment problem in India.
Just an example of mobile exports should be enough to understand; imagine importing instead.
You dint read my comment . never said we should underestimate manufacturing . Its just due to historical economic policies we skipped a step in evolution of economy . Manufacturing jobs leads to service sector jobs everywhere . In our case service sector ll eventually lead to success of manufacturing sector .

NutCracker

Country flag
I am surprised nobody is talking about Germany. We should start attacking their imports since their energy and production costs will continue to skyrocket. That is the meat of the industrial goods and machinery sector.

The bungholes in Germany made such incredibly stupid energy decisions and spent an absolute gargantuan amount of money on renewables with no proper feasibility study. Their solar output is dismal and they have closed their nuclear plants + Russia will squeeze their supply to escalate EU gas prices.

We need to destroy German Industry and now is the time! :india2:
Import substitution and then exporting those inputs to other countries should be our path - I can't imagine German exports being competitive other than being the only source of those goods. China will take over this market if we don't take actions.

Industry insiders on DFI can give their input on this to help us understand where we stand
Germany is the biggest exporter in Pharma, our companies should target and capture their market. Pharma industries import billions of dollars of H2SO4
Also Ural oil has high sulfer , we should be making our own sulfuric acid somehow using that. Come on Bambani if you reading this thread make it happen. Save us some foreign reserve.

tribendra bisoi.

We need Fabs , enough obsession with this designing and vlsi labs. These scumbags will not let us prosper.
Foxconn, Vedanta Discuss Roadmap To Set Up Chip Manufacturing Unit In India; Plant's Location Likely To Be Announced Soon .

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
You dint read my comment . never said we should underestimate manufacturing . Its just due to historical economic policies we skipped a step in evolution of economy . Manufacturing jobs leads to service sector jobs everywhere . In our case service sector ll eventually lead to success of manufacturing sector .
I didn't say you were underestimating but addressing this thought that some RBI governors have also made in the past. Let me say one thing categorically, IT growth and service industry boomed because there was no manufacturing environment in India. Our land acquisition and labor laws made IT the most feasible industry to invest at the time for the govt but now we need to diversify or suffer inevitably in the long run due to the risks associated with downturn in IT sector or do you think nothing of the sort can happen?

Suppose there is a big economic crisis in the west, how do you think it will impact IT exports in India? Might even lead to layoffs and decline in salary hikes which buoys our urban domestic consumption. Forget about screaming from the balcony about GST collections then.

NutCracker

Country flag
Foxconn, Vedanta Discuss Roadmap To Set Up Chip Manufacturing Unit In India; Plant's Location Likely To Be Announced Soon .

I know about that , but it's very Smol.. need multiple big Fabs worth of 10B each.
Also befor that we gotta snatch HDD market from S.E.A. , it's a sequential process. Can't jump directly to Semiconductor level Precision machines, first start with HDD manufacturing.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
I know about that , but it's very Smol.. need multiple big Fabs worth of 10B each.
Also befor that we gotta snatch HDD market from S.E.A. , it's a sequential process. Can't jump directly to Semiconductor level Precision machines, first start with HDD manufacturing.
Fabs are pinnacle of manufacturing, we can grow in a lot of areas other than those especially industrial, elctronic goods and machinery used for our own domestic industries first. ($100 Billion per annum)

shade

Country flag
Industry insiders on DFI can give their input on this to help us understand where we stand
Big 3 of Uber und Aryan country are capital goods. i.e industrial machines "machine tools" and parts/subcomponents used in manufacturing, cars( for export ) and car parts, and chemicals/pharma.

We are 0 in capital goods since the local industry hasn't made a big enough market yet, people on the poorer end of the spectrum prefer cheap chinkshit machines, China is much ahead of us in this regard.

Cars are mainly for domestic market, I doubt we would make the cut for export, car parts industry also for domestic industry only, and some types of parts are imported.

idk about chemicals in general but Mukes has a nice setup for crude refining into petrol and chemicals and we have a pharma industry that produces cheap medicines, but API is a dependency we had on China, govt putting out schemes to rectify this and industry responding last I checked.

TLDR we're not in a good position to exploit this opportunity.

The Chinese also try to buy or invest in german companies, both MNCs and mittelstand to loot their special techniques and technologies.

NutCracker

Country flag
Yes
FABs are pinnacle of manufacturing, we can grow in a lot of areas other than those especially industrial goods and machinery used for our own domestic industries first.
Agree, Maulana gobhi should effin setup a serious timeline for that.. next 7 years capture HDD market then RAM memory chips in next 5 years, then semiconductor Fabs.
( we have indigenous RAM brand called dolgix they only import those black memory chips)

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
Big 3 of Uber und Aryan country are capital goods. i.e industrial machines "machine tools" and parts/subcomponents used in manufacturing, cars( for export ) and car parts, and chemicals/pharma.

We are 0 in capital goods since the local industry hasn't made a big enough market yet, people on the poorer end of the spectrum prefer cheap chinkshit machines, China is much ahead of us in this regard.

Cars are mainly for domestic market, I doubt we would make the cut for export, car parts industry also for domestic industry only, and some types of parts are imported.

idk about chemicals in general but Mukes has a nice setup for crude refining into petrol and chemicals and we have a pharma industry that produces cheap medicines, but API is a dependency we had on China, govt putting out schemes to rectify this and industry responding last I checked.

The Chinese also try to buy or invest in german companies, both MNCs and mittelstand to loot their special techniques and technologies.
Just invite german companies to start production in India; they can't be too happy in germany with their future outlook. I am bearish their economy for sure.

NutCracker

Country flag
Just invite german companies to start production in India; they can't be too happy in germany with their future outlook. I am bearish their economy for sure.
Then who is gonna carry EUropigs, France can not handle all those nuncompoops alone. If German economy slowed down It would be fall of EU as a whole.

shade

Country flag
Yes

Agree, Maulana gobhi should effin setup a serious timeline for that.. next 7 years capture HDD market then RAM memory chips in next 5 years, then semiconductor Fabs.
( we have indigenous RAM brand called dolgix they only import those black memory chips)
The black chips contain the actual RAM ICs that Samsung/SK Hynix/Micron make, and Ching chong lusts after.
Gobhi ji is a pussy, Fab needs strong Govt support( mainly in terms of $$$ ), without that it won't take off.
Agarwal chutiya bana raha hai sarkar ko.
Private lukkhas can't sustain a fab, doesn't matter how much incentive you give them, it has to be a proper PSU or atleast something that has heavy state backing.

Current push for fabs is the most thorough we have seen from any Govt tho, but it's not enough.

ym888

Vietnam is safest bet for the west.
Building India is creating a frankenstein monster like China for them. Especially we clearly stated that we are not interested in being their puppet.
My point is that India is in a very good international environment right now,

The West never created China

They couldn't even create Mexico

karn

Country flag
Vietnam is safest bet for the west.
Building India is creating a frankenstein monster like China for them. Especially we clearly stated that we are not interested in being their puppet.
Decoupling from china is a meme . Despite the rhetoric .. FDI into china is only increasing..

NutCracker

Country flag
The black chips contain the actual RAM ICs that Samsung/SK Hynix/Micron make, and Ching chong lusts after.
Gobhi ji is a pussy, Fab needs strong Govt support( mainly in terms of $$$ ), without that it won't take off.
Agarwal chutiya bana raha hai sarkar ko.
Private lukkhas can't sustain a fab, doesn't matter how much incentive you give them, it has to be a proper PSU or atleast something that has heavy state backing.

Current push for fabs is the most thorough we have seen from any Govt tho, but it's not enough.
Grab that m.f. incompetent cabinet and make them watch whole fricking catalog of ASIANOMETRY channel .

First try to make Raspberry Pies then go for fab. 🤷‍♂️

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
These parameters stats charts and graph have no value as they can be made as a person wants and fits some agenda be it for or against India
In reality a company looks into many factors which actually affects them rather than going through these charts, this is where we lag companies don't want to invest bcoz of our infra non skill workers govt law and order
So we ourselves need to manufacture our companies need to be provided all initiatives for it as not much critical goods will be manufactured in India by foreign companies so only option is Indian companies but again problem is our businessmen are not dynamic nor intellectual nor modern thinking personalities so even they are big problem
How do I know whether your opinion has any value or not. Your class 8 geography book level knowledge on Indian economy is worthless at best. As you simply can't wrap your head around the fact that the world scenario can change so fast so easy.

The fact is good road, rail or port infra are an enabler, not pre condition for an export oriented manufacturing growth. And a lot of basic infra is already on place for that.

At the end it is the ability of Indian companies to identify & capitalise on the emerging market & the government policies & incentives, that will determine the trajectory of our manufacturing growth.

It's borderline retarded how stupid online trolls literally have knowledge about every damn thing & are quick to dismiss any data that doesn't fit their agenda. Yiet their own login is hollow & outdated.

shade

Country flag
Grab that m.f. incompetent cabinet and make them watch whole fricking catalog of ASIANOMETRY channel .

First try to make Raspberry Pies then go for fab. 🤷‍♂️
Asianometry is a biased goora.

The Minister of Electronics & Railways Ashwini Vaishaw and his assistant( and the real electronics minister ) MoS Rajeev Chandrasekhar are reasonably competent, it is because of them you have this semiconductor incentives scheme.

But then their boss is allergic to the concept of PSUs and puts too much faith in some retarded free market private company only Americunt model.

Private sector atleast here has 0 appetite for risk and wouldn't put down hard cash for proper industrial ventures easily.

Aggarwal of Vedanta chutiya bana raha hai, don't believe in all his big claims that appear every two weeks.

Raspberry Pi type things can already be made in this country, it's basic ESDM, the chip used in rpi though is not openly available and is licensed by Broadcom only to the rpi company.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How do I know whether your opinion has any value or not. Your class 8 geography book level knowledge on Indian economy is worthless at best. As you simply can't wrap your head around the fact that the world scenario can change so fast so easy.

The fact is good road, rail or port infra are an enabler, not pre condition for an export oriented manufacturing growth. And a lot of basic infra is already on place for that.

At the end it is the ability of Indian companies to identify & capitalise on the emerging market & the government policies & incentives, that will determine the trajectory of our manufacturing growth.

It's borderline retarded how stupid online trolls literally have knowledge about every damn thing & are quick to dismiss any data that doesn't fit their agenda. Yiet their own login is hollow & outdated.
Yeah bro but there were many reports back in something 2006-09 that by 2020 india will be 2nd largest economy or 3rd largest supported by many facts and charts and graphs
Some reports were our manufacturing capability will rise manifold times and be largest something nearly on 2008-10
We would be an advanced economy etc.
But where are we today that time they even had data and graphs and charts to present

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

We have a little bit of everything here but we lack cutting edge technology.
Other problems is we don't make maximum component's by ourselves.
Example TBMs they are all brought in from Germany or Sweden each cost a about 15 to 50 million.
We already are making small TBMs tho.

This beast for example is license manufactured here.
All in all these things slip away from the bare eyes and we feel like we are manufacturing everything.

Bullet proof glass is imported from France, no Indian glass company has the capability to make one or even have R&D to do so.
So we are manufacturing the glass but not the special glass that makes bulk money.

How many ICE engine has Mahindra, tata, Asol leyland produced all together? Most tata engines are from Cummins and Volkswagen.
Maruti engine come from fiat.
Hell even cars front lights are imported.

So when You look at it only about 60% of the goods is locally manufactured and rest are imported or licensed. The licensed and imported goods usually have higher value share of the final goods.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles