Indian Economy: News and Discussion

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
When will India overtake Germany and Japan in terms of GDP? India needs to be the 3rd largest economy before the end of this decade.
India will overtake Germany by 2026-27 as per IMF projection. The pre pandemic projection was around 2024.
exp-2022-05-27_18_17_34.png

But overtaking Japanese economy may take longer. Maybe around 2030-32 (IMF only provides prediction upto 2027)
exp-2022-05-27_18_21_10.png

We have to take this data with a pinch of salt. The IMF calculates their GDP projection taking into account the currency depreciation of INR wrt Dollar. And their projected currency depreciation is sharper than what is in reality.

So if the Rupee stays somewhat stable. And the depreciation is minimal. We will overtake Japan & Germany even faster.

karn

Country flag
India will overtake Germany by 2026-27 as per IMF prediction. The pre pandemic prediction was around 2024.
View attachment 161167
But overtaking Japanese economy may take longer. Maybe around 2030-32 (IMF only provides prediction upto 2027)
View attachment 161169

We have to take this data with a pinch of salt. The IMF calculates their GDP projection taking into account the currency depreciation of INR wrt Dollar. And their projected currency depreciation is sharper than what is in reality.

So if the Rupee stays somewhat stable. And the depreciation is minimal. We will overtake Japan & Germany even faster.
The thing is Japan's GDP is actually falling .. so it might not be that long.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
India will overtake Germany by 2026-27 as per IMF projection. The pre pandemic projection was around 2024.
View attachment 161167
View attachment 161169

Lolwa, Japan’s currency has reached 135 yen for a USD. Both Germany and Japan right now are $4 tn economies after currency devaluation. Within 2 years we’ll overtake Germany and in 3 years we’ll overtake Japan.
ya they were over $5.5 Trillion and dropped to below $5 trillion now.
$4 tn
1655918228166.png
1655918250661.png

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
Lolwa, Japan’s currency has reached 135 yen for a USD. Both Germany and Japan right now are $4 tn economies after currency devaluation.
Okey don't kill the messanger :daru:

I am a simple man, I find data, I quote. This particular data from IMF is from May after they corrected their predictions for India.
Within 2 years we’ll overtake Germany and in 3 years we’ll overtake Japan.
I would be most happy if that's the case

armortec

India, Japan, Germany and UK are all big energy importers (and the latter 3 puppets of USA's whims). So India's economy is quite sensitive to price rises in energy too, right? So far Russia has been giving a small discount on oil, but didn't Saudis just increase their oil price to Asia by 6% (no price rise to USA)? If India gets a more robust energy supply then more robust economy predictions should follow.

There's a country with 45% of it's population of Indian descent (25%+ Hindu) which has found big oil fields that I've not really seen mentioned here - Guyana. Unfortunately on the other side of the world yet I suspect it's oil will mostly go to China. Anyone with more info on this?

India will partner with Guyana in oil and gas, other sectors

Shuturmurg

Country flag
India, Japan, Germany and UK are all big energy importers (and the latter 3 puppets of USA's whims). So India's economy is quite sensitive to price rises in energy too, right? So far Russia has been giving a small discount on oil, but didn't Saudis just increase their oil price to Asia by 6% (no price rise to USA)? If India gets a more robust energy supply then more robust economy predictions should follow.

There's a country with 45% of it's population of Indian descent (25%+ Hindu) which has found big oil fields that I've not really seen mentioned here - Guyana. Unfortunately on the other side of the world yet I suspect it's oil will mostly go to China. Anyone with more info on this?

India will partner with Guyana in oil and gas, other sectors
All fields already owned by exxon

notaname

Country flag

Certification by the Indian Register of Shipping (IRClass), one of the world’s top classification companies, provides a final link in the paperwork chain - after insurance coverage - needed to keep state-owned Sovcomflot’s tanker fleet afloat and delivering Russian crude oil to overseas markets.

Data compiled from the IRClass website shows that it has certified more than 80 ships managed by SCF Management Services (Dubai) Ltd, a Dubai-based entity listed as a subsidiary on Sovcomflot’s website.

armortec

All fields already owned by exxon
Makes sense. Lots of Guyanese in USA too. I hope some flows to India. Louisiana/Mississippi basin, Iran, Guyana, Gulf, West Africa (Nigeria, Guinea, Guinea-Bisseau, Angola etc) - all offshore/river delta oil fields. Surely there must be oil in the Bay of Bengal, Gujarat coast or somewhere nearby.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles